September 22, 2014 | 1846 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by melezzza

I have curly, very oily hair, but dry ends. So i shampoo and condition daily. With winter coming My hair has been even more dry so I decided to try this when I saw it on sale. I wanted to try Wen, but thats too expensive. I love this product. it makes my hair soft and a little less frizzy its not a miracle product by any means.My hair gets a little oily by the third day so, I use clarifying shampoo on the third day and follow with this. Dont be discouraged if you have oily hair! This works great if you throw in a regular shampoo every few days!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I was all set to maintain a seven day diary of my use of this shampoo. My quest lasted 1 day. I have a very oily scalp and very dry ends due to ironing every day. My hair is highlighted, which I don't get often (about every 6 months-1 year) but at the most recent visit, the colorist did not put gloss on at the end, just adding to my hair woes. Anyway, I was looking for a "no shampoo" type of shampoo. I tried Wen a couple of years ago and wouldn't recommend that to my worst enemy, so I figured this might be the right idea, and at $5.99, I couldn't go wrong. I used approximately 8 pumps of this, and as others have noted, not much comes out in 1 pump. I first have to comment on the smell. To me, it smelled like a coconut air freshener in a NY taxi. Not a fan, especially since it lingers. It did lather slightly, which was good, and I did not use conditioner, per the directions. I also did not use any hair products so as to see the actual results. Blow out and ironing were successful. My hair wasn't tangled and appeared clean. Four hours later, however, my hair started to look oily. A couple of spritzes of dry shampoo, and problem solved. By the end of the evening, my hair once again looked somewhat dirty, and my scalp started to itch and flake. By the following morning, my hair looked and smelled very oily, and my scalp was sore and itchy. Even after using a soothing shampoo (Aveeno), it still felt unpleasant. So, I can use this to shave my legs, but I won't use it on my hair again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Caryn1477

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So far so good...I have dry, heat-styled hair that needs a creamy and gentle shampoo, so this seemed good to try. Love the smell. Don't like the pump, doesn't dispense enough. Will definitely be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I saw an ad for this on Allure or Instyle or some other glossy magazine and was intrigued. So I picked this up and thought I would give it a try. I am Asian, with stick-straight, fine, color-treated hair. I confess that I roll out of bed with the hair that, for curly girls, means getting up a hour early for quality time with a straightening iron. I realized that my life would be easier all around if I did not fight the natural texture of my hair. I do color to hide my ever-increasing grey. But my hairstyle, such as it is, simply involves a generous misting of styling spray. I use clips to section my hair and then use a clampy-type brush to pull each section whilst blasting from root to tip with the blow-dryer. The idea for me is to bend the ends of my hair so that they lay nicely. Lastly, I use a spritz of hair spray along my part and I'm done. My hair takes maybe 10 minutes from damp to done. I am left with gleamy, glossy, polished hair. (Yay!) I did use Wen in the past with great success and I think that for me, it lived up to the hype of the infomercial. Honestly I was hoping this would be the same thing. This stuff made my roots look really really greasy. Wen never did that. I don't mean a little greasy either. I mean it was like a stick of melted crisco had been dumped onto my head. OK maybe not that bad, but still. The pump on this is downright frustrating b/c it dispenses such a measly amount. Either supply a pump which puts out the proper volume of product, or put this in a squeeze tube. Last but not least is the smell of this product. It's not a nice smell, and it's strong on top of that. I realize that is personal preference and some people may like it but I hate it. If this didn't make my roots greasy, if it didn't smell terrible, and if it were packaged appropriately, I would repurchase. But as it is now, no never.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Slone07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is awesome stuff and has, single-handedly, removed the weird, wiry frizz I get in the under layer of my hair at the nape of my neck. I will say up front, though, that I have exceedingly soft water and I think that may have quite a bit to do with the success or failure of these kinds of products. Anyway, I have fine, straight, limp, flyaway, virgin hair and have been using this daily for the past few weeks. I've actually found that it OVER cleanses if I leave it on for the 1-2 minutes as recommended, and I end up with slightly poofy, flyaway hair. Otherwise, it just cleanses nicely, smooths, and leaves me with plenty of volume (color me surprised on that last one!).

For those who want to use this but don't have soft water, I'd recommend using more, massaging more, and leaving it on a few minutes before rinsing in nice, warm water (I used to live in a very hard water area and used to CO wash).

My only gripe is that the pump dispenses so little. I'd LOVE it to be packaged with a pump that dispenses three times what the current, piddly little one does. I'm not going to knock off a star for that, though, as the product is honestly the best shampoo I've ever used.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by northerndownpour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this shampoo! I used it for about two weeks and I liked the way it made my hair feel. I wash my hair about every other day and with this product my hair did become greasy after day 1. My hair may have adjusted but I will never know. After using this shampoo for two weeks my scalp broke out in itchy bumps which subsided when I discontinued use of this product. I don't know if it was the formula or the strong scent. I can be sensitive to strongly scented products. I wasn't crazy about the scent either, it's super powerful and smells like b&b's warm vanilla sugar which brings me right back to 7th grade. I really wish they would make this product with a different/less potent scent!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by JAMUA

I wanted to try a low-'poo hair regime, and decided to go with this instead of Wen since the L'Oreal product is silicone-free. Plus, the Wen contains menthol, which I can't abide.

I hate hate hate the pump dispenser. I wish this came in a tube.

Plus, you really have to spend the time rinsing to make sure this is out of your hair. I do wash once a week with the EverSleek no-silicone shampoo.

Using this product has reduced the amount of static in my hair during the winter months by 80% - I attribute that to the moisture.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by DebbieDahmer

I was a little more than excited to try this new-fangled cleansing conditioner after seeing ads for higher priced cleansing balms and having good experiences with dry shampoos. This conditioner/cleanser falls into neither category and maybe that's why I'm neither pleased or displeased with the product.

I have an undercut pixie, thick hair, uncolored, and it's quite dry so I figured something rich and moisturizing would be right for me. The tiny bottle (around 8 ounces) is space-saving but the pump only dispenses a tiny amount, and even with my short locks I found I needed about 10 pumps of product to get a decent amount. The low lather was more annoying than anything. I guess I need that bubbling to know I'm getting a nice clean.

The smell is very sweet, almost vanilla-tinged, reminiscent of cookies. After my hair is dried the softness is comparable to Redken's All Soft, but that's about all the positive I can attest to.

I have oily skin and began to see new breakout farms along my jawline and my T zone slicked up earlier in the day when I use this. My hair also because a little oily around the end of the day when I use this. It's a nice product but I can't buy it again. I think it's meant for those with really dry hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by LHagen12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I read about his product and was looking to find something more moisturizing to help with my hair since it has been feeling a little drab and lifeless as of lately. I decided to give this a try. I love finding new beauty products and seeing whether they work for me.
Although many other reviews have said this product was wonderful, I didn't feel the same. (However, I am happy it works for others!!--just not so much for me...)
I remember seeing on the add that it had a "low but satisfying lather", I don't remember any lather at all... I felt as if I was literally taking a thick conditioner and trying to wash my hair with it and it didn't spread at all into my hair...
I really wanted this product to work for me and maybe it will just take a little bit of a different technique to get the rest of the bottle to work for me.
I won't repurchase... but with all this being said, I really loved the scent!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this, a lot. I, too, have been curious about the whole ‘cleansing conditioner’ concept for a while. I have wavy-curly hair that frizzes easily and lacks definition. I wash my hair frequently (every day, sometimes 2x day if I’m particularly sweaty after a run/workout), so anything that helps me streamline my routine and minimize dryness/frizz is a plus in my book. I got this on sale at CVS for about $5. I agree with the other reviewers that the pump mechanism is not the greatest, because it dispenses such a small amount of product at time. I do like that the pump ‘locks’ so I can toss it in my gym bag or travel bag. I use about 10 pumps for my just-above-shoulder-length hair. It does have a strong vanilla-scent (which I love, though I can easily see how others might not). I make sure my hair is soaking wet, and then work the product into my roots, then comb it through to the ends. It does not foam or lather. It instantly detangles, though my hair is neither long nor particularly tangle-prone. I leave it on for the duration of my shower, and then spend a good minute rinsing thoroughly. It does seem to leave a bit of a ‘film’ on my hair, as I would expect a conditioning product to do. It does not make my hair look or feel heavy or greasy. I follow my usual styling routine, and I find it leaves my hair with soft volume and defined curls. As another reviewer noted, I find I can get away with using fewer styling products (and in smaller amounts). I don’t use this every day, just because I like a good old-fashioned shampoo to get my hair feeling really ‘clean” ( I am sure its just psychological though…). I use this 3-5 times per week, and the bottle I bought back in July still has plenty of product left. (My 10-year-old daughter uses it, too). I think this is a good value for a quality product, that works well for my hair type. I’ve already repurchased so I have multiple bottles on hand.