October 2, 2014 | 1195 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by jessicarb

I love this blush and own it in 5 colors from the lightest to brightest. I use a small stipple brush to apply it and I find that this gives me exactly what I am looking for. The color pink plum (not really plum-y at all) is my favorite for a natural look. No matter what color I go with, when applied in the right way, I get a great dewy finish that lasts all day (at least through my whole 9-hour work day). If I want to go a bit more intense with it and add a bit of dimension, I lightly apply a powder blush on top (a shimmer finish looks best). Layering like this also makes my powder blushes last longer. Either way, it is really just a great blush.

The packaging is fine - I like that it is quite compact so it doesn't take up so much room.

Price is - eh. I always buy it when there's a BOGO 1/2 or 40% off sale. When not on sale, it is a bit high for a drugstore blush, but like I said, I am very happy with it and would re-purchase it over several high end cream blushes that I own.

Whether you're just not sure if you want to purchase or you already have and are having buyer's remorse, I recommend watching a couple of tutorials on YouTube to get an idea of how to apply it. After watching a couple of videos, I purchased an ELF small stippling brush at Target for $3 and ever since then, this has been my go-to blush. I did like it before, but now it is seriously one of my must-have products (and I have A LOT of make-up). Try that technique and give it another chance!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Stark77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This wasn't godawful, I guess. It looks really nice when applied with your fingers, but I feel like it disappears unless you brush some powdered blush over it. And, uh... that kind of defeats the purpose, since I could just wear powder blush...

The packaging is BAD. Mine kind of... melted? I'm not sure. It smeared all around the lid and is just awfully messy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by ShellTay

I really like this. But, I only have the brighter colors. And I apply it with a synthetic blush brush. I tap it into the blush then tap it onto my cheeks. The pigmentation is fine. However, the first one I tried, candy coral, did not have enough color pay off for me. But, all the more vibrant ones are great.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by SakuraMasons

Im not a big fan of this blush only because it didnt show well in my skin even if i have fair skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The pink color looks so adorable and the perfect blush color for my skin! But that is sadly not the case.... it sucks horbly! If you apply it with a dense expensive boar bristiled or synthetic haired brush there won't be any color pay off at all! So apply it with your fingers huh? Nope can't do that because you can't blend it! It will say this though... its very fun to play with lol. Peel it out of the pan and you can mold it and shape it kinda like silly putty.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The pigmentation on a dry brush is close to zero. If you dab your brush into a bit of water and apply the blush, you get a very faint coral tint. Crappy product. Into the garbage!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by kristalblair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A foreword to the reviewer who ranted about us women who rated this product poorly and received absolutely NO pigmentation from this blush (to find review simply click on most helpful reviews and scroll towards the bottom of the page: First of all, if this blush were being used on a corpse it would make more sense that it would show up more, obviously. So that point is NULL and VOID. Secondly, what you may call "goof proof" is what I consider to be a complete and utter waste of money and time. Third, you honestly think this blush provides enough color to make ANYONE look alive? I think many of us will beg to differ. And, lastly this site was made for sharing experiences with products, whether negative or positive. Just because you like a certain product doesn't mean everyone else will. It's called having freedom of opinion, and giving open, honest feedback.

This should be sold as a highlighter and most certainly shouldn't be described as "buildable." There is NO color payoff whatsoever and I'm incredibly disappointed with Maybelline for selling such a crap product that is way too expensive for drug store blush. I wouldn't even recommend paying a dime for this, let alone $8 bucks that could have went toward department store blush. I recently bought a blush from Neutrogena (in the awake line) and that also provided no color payoff. I bought this at Kroger, so I'm not even sure if they'll take it back with the receipt, but I'm sure as heck going to try. Please just save your money and go to Sephora or Mac.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by mjG7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this blush in the colour Orchid Hush. It was the only lavender blush I could find with no shimmer at the drug store. I like the consistency, but it is not very pigmented. Even with 3 applications, it`s very light. I HATE the packaging, it`s very cheap looking. I am still searching for a lavender blush....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Dream Bouncy blush is firmer than the much better d/c Dream Mouse Blush which had a creamier consistency.
I bought this in Peach Satin a pretty hue with glow, and applied with fingers then tried a brush. It was light on pigment and not very buildable and the staying power was weak making me want to bounce this off the wall!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Kat630

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the color and how easy and natural it blends in, but it only lasts 2-3 hours. :(