April 23, 2014 | 1935 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Caramel Comfort. I was looking for creme CARAMEL, which in my mind is the color of, well, caramel - a warm dark tan, maybe a bit yellow or light orange toned. What I got had quite a bit of gold and - yuck - whiteish blueish frosties. The frost is very small particles, so it's not big chunks, but I was annoyed that the cap is tinted so you can't really see the color well, and the display in no way indicated that this was a frost.

I'd say this had the pigmentation of a sheer lipstick, and it felt very moisturizing and soothing on the lips, but the white/blue frosties gave this a blue-pink tone that I was not at all what I looking for, esp. in something called "caramel" that had a pale orangey tinted cap. I was looking for a warm colored creme, not a cool nude w/ blueish looking frost.

It wasn't terrible, but it made gave me a bit of that hypothermic blue lip look that I absolutely hate and made my pale face look washed out and blah. If they left out the blue/white frost and only had the gold frost, it would've looked fine.

I even went on the loreal website, which is terrible, and unlike, say, lancome, which describes it's lip products very well (this is a creme rose, this is a coral with gold frost, etc.) it said NOTHING about whether any color was a creme or a frost, what color family it was in, etc.

Unfortunately, white and blue frost sets my teeth on edge. I hate it. The quality of this "balm" was good, but the failure to label it as a frost and the failure to use a cap you could see through to see the color are huge negatives to me.

4/17/13: I tried this in Caring Coral. MUCH better color in that there are no blue/gray frosties and no gray lip look. This is a warmer color - a VERY sheer coral that actually adds almost NO color to your lips, but at least does not make them look like you have hypothermia. Marshmallowy- vanilla smell, good moisturizing ability, medium shine (neither matte nor hi-gloss). Doesn't last very long, but did not dry my lips. If you're looking for a pop of color this is not it, unless your lips are naturally very pale (mine are quite pigmented), but it won't make you look dead, like the Caramel Comfort, which is more of a grey-tan.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by redeyelinerjunkie

This is what I'd call a my-lips-but-worse effect.

I bought Rose Elixir and Caring Coral on sale, and don't really care for either of them. As it happens, these are both slightly lighter than my natural lip color, and my lips aren't even that pigmented.

Due to this, I get a "milky" effect when I try to layer on either color, which rather washes me out instead of brightening up my complexion.

I bought these because I wanted something sheerer than the Revlon lip butters, yet I STILL don't like this product. Isn't there middle ground anywhere?

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by bvloet

I have this balm in Heavenly Berry. I like the colour and the fact that it just gives a bit of a tint. However, This is a pretty mediocre balm. The claim is that it will moisturize your lips for 8 hours but it only lasts about 2 hours on my lips. I'm kind of annoyed that it didn't deliver on its promises especially since I paid about $8 for it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by dani_california

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a balm person. I want moisturization and SPF and a YLBB look. My HG is Fresh Sugar Rose, but it's too pricey. I tried the L'oreal and was very satisfied. It has a nice creamy feel. The Rose Elixer color is perfect for me. My only complaint is the packaging. I like to stick my blam in my pocket while I'm working out or riding my horse and the package is kinda big for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by beigepearl5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

SHADE: Tender Mauve
IN MY POSSESSION: 1
STAYING POWER: 3 hours tops
COLOR: pink, beige and lilac (mauve) with golden shimmer
PRICE: +/- $ 7USD
SCENT: soft vanilla notes
PACKAGING: tough plastic cover, metal base. Sturdy.
WEAR: sheer to medium coverage
FORMULA FEEL: glossy and gritty
SPF?: yes, 15

Worst Con: the taste, shimmer concentration, lasts a month
Best Pros: the color, formula

Purchased this at Walmart yesterday. I was looking for a nice balm. But the color had me sold. The shimmer is a little too concentrated that when you rub your lips too much it starts to burn. Oddly enough I like the shimmer as it adds to the color's beauty. Just don't like how it feels. The staying power is below average for a balm and I will probably finish up the product by the end of the month. One will last you a good month if its used daily. It is very moisturizing but manages to not feel greasy. Kudos for that. Though it will leave a glossy mark on your coffee mug.
The formula is so rich (slips) that it inevitably ends up in your mouth and it tastes like a perfumed crayon. Yuck. One swipe means barely there and three+ swipes translates in medium coverage color.
I will repurchase again only because the color is sooo gorgeous and thus worth the cons for me. I'm a Buff Beige-N4 in L'Oreal. HG shade for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by dmeister3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these balms overall! I love that they actually are a tinted balm and make my lips feel very soft. The Revlon lip butters seem a little drying to me. I don't like how some shades are pretty darn sheer, but they are still worth it to me. I have Caring Coral and Rose Elixer and the coral is more pigmented than the rose. I don't notice any real smell or taste either. The packaging is nice as well.

Overall a great product! I'd love to see more shades released.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Horribly drying! Tastes terrible! Shades are very sheer and hardly show on my lips at all. I would not purchase these again and instead prefer the Revlon Butter Balm. I bought 3 of these and gave them all away after trying them because they had a terrible flavor when applied and then dried out my lips and made them peel. Obviously there is an irritating ingredient in this product .

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by MissMelanieM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased Tender Mauve. I thought I would give a shade that wasn't a "nude" a try....

I like it. Its a "mauve nude" on me that looks pretty. It brightens my face a bit.

This formula really isn't a "balm" at all. When I think balm I think the waxy matte Chapstick Cherry type balm (which I also love!). This is a sheer shiny gloss type product. Completely non-sticky, but it will need frequent reapplication. I like applying balm, so this is a complete non-issue for me. I like it, but I probably won't repurchase or try another one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by geekchic42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was buying new mascara and there was a bogo half off sale on all L'Oreal products and I was interested in trying a balm. I bought Caring Coral and I love it. My lips look smooth and the hint of color is perfect for my skin tone. It enhances the natural pink in my lips. It smell good, but it does taste like sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this instead of the Revlon Lip Butters which obviously are a huge trend right now. I liked the color selections better and could see that I wasn't going to have to worry about glitter like others had complained about in Revlon's product. Rose Elixir is what I got and I love it. It's a very subtle pastel pink and blends in right with my lips giving them just a hint of color and making them look silky and moisturized. Great for when you need a tiny pop of color without much effort. It's basically goof-proof which was what I was looking for after getting tired of having to constantly check in the mirror at work. Would repurchase and try other shades!