October 21, 2014 | 1990 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by seharden135

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have three of the colors: Caring Coral, Rose Elixir, and Nourishing Nude. I love all of these. I like them even better than the Revlon Lip Butters. They are very moisturizing, and the color stays on longer than most tinted lip balms I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by greynct00

I adore Lip Sugar Rose but it's expensive.

I tried the Revlon Butter first because I'd heard so much about them but it was too pigmented for my needs--and too glittery--I have lipsticks for that. I returned it.

The Balm I like very much. It's a sheer balm with a hint of color that I can keep in my desk drawer for freshening during the day. The Rose Elixer is a barely there pink and I'm going go back for the plum color so that I also have a deeper tint. The texture is very nice.

My only concern is the package. It looks very nice but you have to line it up the top just right in order to put it back on

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought Nourishing Nude and it was exactly what I was looking for in a tinted lip balm. These balms are very very sheer and that's what I like about it. I wanted something more than a regular chapstick but not quite the disaster the Revlon lip butters were. You will have to reapply often so don't expect this stuff to last all day. You could apply lipliner first if you want a bit more color. Will def repurchase in more colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Shardose

This. Stuff. T'is. Awesome.

It's moisturizing, has a bit of color (I have Caring Coral), and I say a bit because my lips are close to being just like Caring Coral pretty much.

You have to reapply a few times in a day, but hey, it makes you feel fabulous. *throws sparkles*

Whenever you feel like you need more color, just get your favorite lip liner (I use a nice, reddish color), make marks/lines on your bottom and upper lip, and smudge them.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by latoyaoneall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the color Tender mauve and the only reason I gave this 4 lips and not 5 is because you have to reapply this lipstick pretty often. The packaging is pretty cheap feeling compared to the Revlon Lip Butters, but overall this feels more moisturizing than those. I really like this. It's suuuper moisturizing, and this color is very flattering on my fair skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by megieroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased a balm in coral on a shoppers sale. It was on sale for $4.99. It glides on very well and is kind of moisturizing, not really at the same time. The coral colour adds a bit of pink red to my lips. It's a balm, I wasn't expecting a lot of color! The packaging is on par with other d/s lip products. I will say I like this better than my lip butter, I find it far less chunky and drying.

Overall a good purchase for what it is, albeit a tad expensive (usually 7+ dollars) and not overly moisturizing. Good for when your on the go. I would purchase at a sale price again in different colors :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by suzanne123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This balm has won its way to my heart, I've been looking for a tinted lip balm that I can apply numerous time without it looking over applied or cakey. I've tried MANY tinted lip balms including the revlon ones, which might I add I'm not a huge fan of. These balms are nice and creamy, definitely moisturizing, I took one lippy off, not for the product itself, but for the price. I use mine Everyday and one would last about a month, but for 8 dollars a pop I would definitely recommend stocking up when they go on sale. In my opinion these are perfect, definitely recommend, and yes I would buy again

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Caramel Comfort. I was looking for creme CARAMEL, which in my mind is the color of, well, caramel - a warm dark tan, maybe a bit yellow or light orange toned. What I got had quite a bit of gold and - yuck - whiteish blueish frosties. The frost is very small particles, so it's not big chunks, but I was annoyed that the cap is tinted so you can't really see the color well, and the display in no way indicated that this was a frost.

I'd say this had the pigmentation of a sheer lipstick, and it felt very moisturizing and soothing on the lips, but the white/blue frosties gave this a blue-pink tone that I was not at all what I looking for, esp. in something called "caramel" that had a pale orangey tinted cap. I was looking for a warm colored creme, not a cool nude w/ blueish looking frost.

It wasn't terrible, but it made gave me a bit of that hypothermic blue lip look that I absolutely hate and made my pale face look washed out and blah. If they left out the blue/white frost and only had the gold frost, it would've looked fine.

I even went on the loreal website, which is terrible, and unlike, say, lancome, which describes it's lip products very well (this is a creme rose, this is a coral with gold frost, etc.) it said NOTHING about whether any color was a creme or a frost, what color family it was in, etc.

Unfortunately, white and blue frost sets my teeth on edge. I hate it. The quality of this "balm" was good, but the failure to label it as a frost and the failure to use a cap you could see through to see the color are huge negatives to me.

4/17/13: I tried this in Caring Coral. MUCH better color in that there are no blue/gray frosties and no gray lip look. This is a warmer color - a VERY sheer coral that actually adds almost NO color to your lips, but at least does not make them look like you have hypothermia. Marshmallowy- vanilla smell, good moisturizing ability, medium shine (neither matte nor hi-gloss). Doesn't last very long, but did not dry my lips. If you're looking for a pop of color this is not it, unless your lips are naturally very pale (mine are quite pigmented), but it won't make you look dead, like the Caramel Comfort, which is more of a grey-tan.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by redeyelinerjunkie

This is what I'd call a my-lips-but-worse effect.

I bought Rose Elixir and Caring Coral on sale, and don't really care for either of them. As it happens, these are both slightly lighter than my natural lip color, and my lips aren't even that pigmented.

Due to this, I get a "milky" effect when I try to layer on either color, which rather washes me out instead of brightening up my complexion.

I bought these because I wanted something sheerer than the Revlon lip butters, yet I STILL don't like this product. Isn't there middle ground anywhere?

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by bvloet

I have this balm in Heavenly Berry. I like the colour and the fact that it just gives a bit of a tint. However, This is a pretty mediocre balm. The claim is that it will moisturize your lips for 8 hours but it only lasts about 2 hours on my lips. I'm kind of annoyed that it didn't deliver on its promises especially since I paid about $8 for it!