October 1, 2014 | 1869 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by blairg22

Okay lets get started. so first when i bought this item, i was so excited because i heard such good things about it! so i tried it out and it had pretty good coverage. But then i started to break out, and i didn't think it was the foundation so i kept using it. but then my breakouts got worse. I had 7 days off of school because of hurricane sandy and didn't wear any makeup at all, and guess what, my skin cleared. whenever i use this foundation i break out. I have dry-normal skin and some acne. Also, i do not like the packaging. whenever i would use it, it would explode all over me. the price was ok, not too expensive for a drugstore foundation. I do not recommend this product AT all if you have acne or similar skin type to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by kittenssecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dream Nude Airfoam by Maybelline New York!
Comes in 12 Nude Perfect Shades
Light Coverage
SPF 16
Runs from $6-10 at drugstores and Ulta/Sephora
1.6 0Z
My shade: Porcelain Ivory. (Still shows up slightly orange for me but adjusts well)

Okay so just to give you a little back story on me I normally HATE foundation. Don't normally have time to apply it and most of the time just use a pressed powder. Cause that's all I really need, and normally all I can find to match my skin tone. But recently I needed something to even out skintone and redness for the becoming cold months. And I saw an advertisement on TV about this new "Light as air" foundation. And I'm just thinking so not true.

So I read a couple of reviews on it and decided to go to Ulta and pick it up with my $10 off any $10 purchase or more and get this for $0.07. Maybe a little more.
Got home, opened up the can and shook it up (BE SURE TO SHAKE UNTIL YOU FEEL IT BECOME FOAM LIKE OR IT WILL SPRAY OUT WHITE) and applied a small foam circle on to my hand and using my Elf foundation brush to apply it evenly. It sort of almost looked orange on me at first because I am super fair. I got the shade Porcelain Ivory. Lightest shade available in the Dream Nude Airfoam collection. This foundation also includes an SPF 16 which is great for that little bit of sun protection! And I thought sunblock = grease and oily, heavy foundation feel. WRONG. With in 5-6 minutes of letting it dry. I felt nothing! Not a thing on my face and my skin looked flawless and baby soft to the touch. I used my Mary-Kay Pressed Powder in 001 Ivory to set the foundation and to help it last. It lasted all night (Which I discontinued using because of my allergic reactions to Parabens and my MK powder contained them) It was a snap to remove with my nightly cleanser.

Defiantly will be re-purchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Jaszio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I believe I have this in natural beige? I spent about 20 minutes trying to find a perfect match foundation at shoppers drugmart! We tried all the high end but they were all way to pink and my skin is olive. Its very hard to find foundation its frusterating lol.. So this has a orange undertone to it.. Which is what the consultant called the yellow I wanted. I paid around 13$ I apply it with a wet sponge and it goes on sheer. It looks very natural and covers just enough. I prefer to look like I have no cover up on. I have cobination, sensitive skin with acne scars and this is what I will be using till its gone. I won't repurchase though as I will be on the search for something with a yellow undertone again. I shake it for 10 to 20 seconds, I find it sprays out when I'm rushing which is definately bothersome but If you slowly use the pump it won't do this... Also I read below it said to use an almond size dollop of the foam but I honestly use about a golf ball size. This weekend I was out of town and forgot my sponges so I used about a grape size with my finger and it was ok. I also tried this with a foundation brush and it was too much coverage for me, which isn't good because it isn't my exact shade but I prefer to always apply with a wet sponge.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by jessypop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The consistency is sort of like shaving foam, but thinner, if that makes any sense. The coverage is way too light to do any good, and it's got a strange orange tint. Don't waste your money on this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Ruby950

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only good thing about this product is the light weight feel it has. However it makes my skin look really oily and shiny that no amount of pressed powder can change, it doesn't cover any blemishes or imperfections and finally it just made me look really "made up" and fake looking - not a good look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This certainly isn't my Holy Grail foundation, but it isn't incredibly terrible either.. I read some of the negative reviews before purchasing, but went for it anway lol. I noticed it was less than $8 USD at my local WalMart, and I was intrigued by the whole "airfoam" thing ;)
The first time I tried this I was disappointed so say the least.. I gave it a good shake, but I dispensed out wayyy too much product, and tried to rub it all over my face with my fingers - FAIL.
First of all, the first pump that comes out (whether you give the can a 3 second shake or a 3 minute shake) comes out not the correct color. There's some white/off white foam that comes out (I thought it was *supposed* to look like this) -but if it's not "foundation colored" -don't use that first pump.
And since I dispensed too much out as well,(like a golf ball size instead of a walnut size like instructed) -it was extremely streaky, hard to blend(b/c there was too much), and it took literally *forever* to set(as it's rather wet once it's applied..)
Also, the lightest shade (Porcelain Ivory I believe?) is not a perfect match for my NC15(fair/warm) skin. It's a tad on the dark side :(
So I tried it again and made sure to really shake the product for a good (at least)60 seconds first before pressing down on the pump, and I also pressed *very* lightly - just hard enough to get a small walnut sized amount out. This seems like a perfect size for my entire face. I also used a beauty blender sponge to apply, stippling the beauty blender around on my face, patting the product on. And with this technique, to my surprise, it looked much better! But it was still not a perfect color match :( Other than that issue, it seemed to last fairly long on my oil slick skin, didn't accentuate any dryness/flakies(which tends to happen to me this time of year/cooler weather), and give light coverage(what I was looking for).
If you are someone looking for full coverage though, this is simply not the right foundation for you.
The 3rd time I tried this, I used the same application techniques as listed above, but applied a thin layer of my L'oreal Magic BB Cream first, like a primer. It is a product that is also very light coverage, so I thought maybe mixing the two together would give me a more medium coverage look, and may help me with the little color mis-match problem as well - and I was right! So far, pairing this Dream AirFoam foundation with L'oreal's Magic BB Cream is my favorite way of wearing it. It's still a bit "wet?" right after application and takes a few minutes to really set, but it's something different. I knew after my first terrible experience with it that it was going to take some getting used to, as it's not your normal, run of the mill, liquid foundation. If you keep that in mind, can find a color match, and don't apply too much, it's really not a terrible product.
I even fell asleep wearing the L'oreal Magic BB + Maybelline AirFoam together (shame on me, I know, I know..) -and when I woke up, I was so pleasantly surprised to look in the mirror and still see a matte, poreless looking face! It was *quite* a surprise as I didn't expect much from this after reading all of the negative things said here, as well as other places on the internet.
It also hasn't given me any issues with breakouts, or oxidizing/changing colors once applied.
Overall, I do plan to use up the remainder of what I have and am not returning this back to the store, giving it away, or anything like that. But doubt I will repurchase. It's a bit too much work to get it looking they way I like since I don't have a great shade match :(

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Buehler87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't notice any drying effects. It did take a bit to set though. My problem with it is that it's orange. When you dispense the product you can see that it is very orange (and yes I shook it very thoroughly for about 2 minutes). There is also a very limited shade selection available. I am fair skinned so I went with the lightest shade and it was just off. I think this product would be okay for people with tan skin. But the orange in the product does counteract dark circles, so in a pinch I use it as a concealer. To dull out the orange you can mix it to make tinted moisturizer, but it's not phenomenal or anything. It's so light and well, airy, that you have to apply a few layers of the product under your eyes. It's not the greatest thing ever but at least I found a way I can use what I have left... if I don't just end up getting rid of it anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by geordieness

Pros:
- Interesting concept.
- Easy application.

Cons:
- Caused a severe allergic reaction. (YMMV though, I do have highly sensitive skin)
- Didn't come off easily, despite having a watery / oily consistency.
- Lightest tone (Porcelain Ivory) was too dark and orangey for my skin tone.
- Little coverage but was almost like a badly applied fake tan.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by AllieMonique

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a complete waste of money i really regret buying it and wish i could return it but i cant
i dont know why it even got released because surely they would of had trials of it and at that point they should of know that this product was really bad because its basically water , NO COVERAGE AT ALL
for the price i paid i would look better going out with like dirt on my face a really horrible product

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Alexxithymiaa

I have super light skin and this fondation has this weird orange tint to it. It is very watery, and doesn't have any coverage. If you squirt too much, you can't put it back in the bottle, you either waste it or put it all on your face. I have dark circles and doesn't cover them at all. Even after you shake the bottle, the pigment is unevenly distributed. Ever since I stated using it, I have been getting acne, while before I would only get an occasional pimple.

I believe this would be a good fondation for someone with already perfect skin, that is slightly dry, and only needs a little bit of coverage.