September 23, 2014 | 937 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Tough as Taupe

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by modelsoup202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

For some reason, this one dried out much faster than the Bad to the Bronze. Also, I find this one harder to blend than the others. All in all it is a good product but nothing spectacular due to the subpar texture and blending capabilities.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by eteix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not sure if this warrants yet another rave review, but here's one anyway! I was looking for a cream eyeshadow for a while, since I find them fairly easy to apply & blend with a finger. However, so many cream eyeshadows I've used will crease before I even leave the house! These Color Tattoos don't do that. One more reason I love Tough as Taupe is that since I am NOT a morning person, it's great to just reach for this pot and do a simple look with it and go out looking presentable. For reference, I'm NW20 and I think it's a flattering shade on me. The only slight downside is that the consistency of the product is a bit hard, and not buttery like a lot of other cream eyeshadows. The pot is also a bit bulky for my tastes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

Great tip, READ ON!

This is a great eye shadow base! Lasts all day, I haven't noticed any creasing. Comparable to MAC Paint pots. Now on to the tip.. For those of you that like Chanel Notorious, or like to contour with a grayish color to mimic a realistic shadow, but like to work with creams... Try this! It makes a GREAT contour! I like to apply with the angled end of Sigmas F88 brush, them blend out with my finger, then set with a translucent powder. It looks like a real shadow, and it's not so grey that it looks like death. Being that it is a cream, it doesn't catch onto bumps in my skin like the Chanel Notorious does, and it's matte, which makes a better contour anyway. Just wanted to share my exciting discovery!

Would i repurchase? YES! I'm a makeup artist, and this has become a staple in my kit!

20 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like it, but I certainly don't love it. I have a few other of the Color Tattoo shadows, but this one seems to crease like crazy! (And yes, I apply it in a thin layer!) And it also seems to just look really dirty and sloppy even when I apply with a brush. Also doesn't blend well. Tough as Taupe and I just don't get along! :/

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by zoohousekey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hated it! Shadows NEVER crease on me...this was the first-even with primer. It's a dull, mud-like color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by kimdburns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love all the Color Tattoo colors I've purchased but I'll have to admit, this is my favorite. The mushroom gray brown works well with my blue eyes and medium/fair skin. I've paired a lot of different shadows with this but my favorite is this all over the lid with a bit of warm matte brown in the crease. It's smokey but in a sophisticated manner. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by heatherbelleday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! It lasts wonderfully well and you get a little time to blend it before it sets. I also use a brush to lightly line under my eye and that stays put all day. I use it most days on my eyelid and eye crease and under the eye. The color is very flat by itself - I always top it with the silvery-taupe color from Wet n Wild's "Silent Treatment" trio and that gives a pretty shimmery effect over the grey/taupe that lasts very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by weakshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought several of these colour tattoo eyeshadows and really loved them all - the staying power is great. Some of the colours come out more sheer than others, and my white one (05 'too cool') seems to have dried out a bit. I definitely get the most use out of the taupe colour. I find it fairly pigmented and the staying power is great. I use this most often in my brows as it is a great neutral for my fair skin and deep drown hair, but it also works as a great subtle shade for my crease.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by AshleyRivers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely on its own, or paired with other eyeshadows. Perfect shade, perfect consistency.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These eyeshadows have a great consistency. I was afraid to try them at first because they looked like something that could get greasy and slide off of my eyes. I was so wrong. I think this particular color does great over a neutral eye shadow look. I dab a tiny bit of this in the corner of my eye with my finger and the color lasts all day. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance under all eye shadows and liners. I can't wait to try more colors. My sister uses the maroon shade (not sure of the name) and it looks great on her.