Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

4.4

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 10/12/2013 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

love it! this is my go to eyeshadow, a quick swipe if this and I'm out the door. lasts a long time too and doesn't smudge or fade.

on 10/9/2013 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love it! Perfect bronzy color, love how it looks on my eyes. Easy to work with, has a good staying power. This is my first color tattoo, but I'm definitely buying more of these!
Just too bad that the range doesn't have a matt color...

on 10/9/2013 2:06:00 AM

The bad to bronze wast the first color tattoo that I bought and I absolutely love it! The color was amazing and super pigmented and it's consistency is nice. The texture is creamy but not to creamy. And I fell in love with the packaging! I really want to buy it in different shades!!

on 10/5/2013 10:03:00 AM

Such an amazing drug store find. It's really an amazing item, epecially for the price. It's a nice gold/bronze without the glitter. It can look a bit silvery/purple sometimes (not sure why). This product lasts all day, which is super exciting. It dosn't smudge. After purchasing the bad on bronze colour I went out and bought pomegranate punk. But that colour dosn't really last as long :/ It smudges a lot easiler and takes longer for it to set.

on 10/3/2013 4:21:00 PM

I love most of Maybelline's color tattoos, this one just didn't work for me. It is a beautiful color when you swatch it, very bronze and metallic. But on my light skin tone, it just looked very dark. It isn't a color I would be able to throw on my eyelid and run out the door. Even when I use a very small amount, it just makes my eyes look dark. I think this would work very well for you if you have medium to dark skin tones. I am very sad that it didn't work for me because it is such a beautiful color with such amazing staying power. I will continue to try to find a way to make it work so that I can use up what I have, but I don't plan to repurchase any time soon

on 9/26/2013 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

my favorite. very easy and multidimensional for a cream shadow. great for ultra lazy days since my eyes are hooded and you don't see much lid anyway. please apply with a flat packing brush for best results. doesn't crease. look fab with a matte outer v too.

on 9/26/2013 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

After reading many reviews this was the color I was most excited for. Ironically it ended up looking horrendous on me. I've tried giving it multiple chances but I always immediately take it off. The color is just too damn dark yet metallic. No matter how much stuff I put under(primer) or over (eyeshadow, using this as a base) or the amount of product I apply (teeny tiny bit) it never looks blended. I bet I could make it work if it wasn't shiny as hell like foiled eyeshadow. I do like the color tattoos but this one is not for me.

Edit: these color tattoos dry up so fast.

on 9/26/2013 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have 2 other Color Tattoos (and aim to expand my collection) , but Bad To The Bronze is my favourite so far. I respect Maybelline for the fact that the line has such a wide array of colours which are all well-thought-out; vibrant and unique brights, and neutrals with depth and wearability. I am a neutral-eye addict, and this shadow as an allover wash is easily my favourite look to wear and to apply. The colour is gorgeous. I noticed another reviewer mention that it came out less warm when worn as opposed to the swatch, and it is true that applied in thicker layers it tends to come off more grey or taupe and opposed to bronze. (I would still say the title is accurate however, as we normally refer to 'bronze' and more like what copper actually is- this product is a bronze colour if you ask me). When worn as a sheer wash, the warmer tones come to the surface. I love cream eyeshadows and finding one such as this which does not crease or even budge for well over 12 hours is a dream come true. I also noticed that many reviews complain of the product drying out, and mine definitely has done that as well. The general suggestion is some Fix+, but I personally never plan on owning Fix+, so I'm wondering if there's a less painfully priced solution for creaming my Tattoo up again? For now, warming it with my finger prior to application works well.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this. Unfortunately this colour looks wayy too gray on my very warm skin tone. When swatched, it looks like a beautiful, neutral to cool bronzey brown colour with just the right amount of shine/shimmer, but on my lids it looks sort of gray, making me look like i've got a bit of a fading bruise on my eyes. However, it makes an excellent base (over a primer) for one of my other bronze eyeshadows that were too red-toned, and together they look perfect.

It's easy to apply (especially for eyeshadow amateurs like me), doesn't budge all day on my oily lids, and is easy to remove as well. On lazy days, I don't use it with a primer, and it still looks fine.

Would definitely repurchase. And price-wise, it's not too expensive! I would recommend this to everyone and anyone, but especially to those with cooler skin tones. It really is great, wish maybelline would come up with more colours!

on 9/14/2013 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have super-oily eyelids, so I was really wary of trying any cream shadows. But I saw the great reviews on these and decided to give them a try, and I'm glad I did! I always wear them over Nars Smudgeproof primer (worth every penny!) and usually combine them with powder shadows, and have had no creasing at all. They've stayed on and looked great for 10-12 hours consistently.
I usually use Bad to the Bronze on the lid with shadows from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. It makes a great neutral look for me. The color is a nice bronzey metallic, that is not too warm for my cool-toned skin. I'm really impressed, and would definitely re-buy if I ran out or lost this. I'm impressed enough with these that I just bought 2 more colors, bringing my total up to 6!

Video Reviews & Tutorials