October 21, 2014 | 1912 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by lwrng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

AMAZING concealer. Smooth, blendable, long wearing coverage. The texture and finish feels & looks high end for sure, sits pretty in my makeup stash alongside my pricey tough guy MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. You want a drugstore concealer that puts in work, this is it!

For color reference:

When I am tan I use this concealer in MEDIUM & MAC NC30 products.

When I am me untouched by the sun I use REVLON Colorstay foundation in NUDE & this concealer in LIGHT.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by prettycitygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on my 3rd tube of the Neutralizer concealer and I must say, this has become my HG of under eye concealer/brightener. The consistency is not too thick or too thin, perfectly blending in for an even coverage. I suggest not using a brush to blend this product, but gently tapping in with your finger tip to blend the product into your foundation/skin.

Though this product is not waterproof, I do workout everyday in makeup (during my office lunch breaks) and this product holds up beautifully! I also wear contacts and have watery, sensitive allergy eyes and have had not had one issue with this product.

My only complaint with this product is the applicator/package. OMG, this thing SUCKS! I don't mind the little sponge applicator, as I'm using it on my clean face only. But that twist knob always, I mean ALWAYS, breaks on me. Once it does, I have to push down on the lid to get the concealer to come up to the sponge. This has happened to every single tube that I've purchased. The applicator could use some improvement. Though I do like that itís clear so you can see when itís time to repurchase!

Product itself, hands down, AWESOME!

Please don't ever discontinue!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by mhartxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For me, this didn't erase my dark circles. My dark circles are HORRIBLE though, so it may work for someone whose aren't as bad! And the little twisty thing to get to the product was hard to get to work. However, I kept using this product for highlighting and brightening and I love it for that! And, as a side note, I have veryyyyyy acne-prone skin, and this doesn't break me out, in case that's something you worry about too (:

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by grimaldi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

it has great coverage, and it doesn't stick or cake in your lines at all. it applies very smoothly. i usually freak out about applicators that are sponges as i find it unsanitary, but this one seems to work very well for it's purpose so i don't mind as much.
My only word of advice or hesitation with this product is DO NOT use it as a concealer on anything but your eyes, maybe occasionally down your nose or cheekbones, maybe a little on the chin. Do NOT EVER let this anywhere near any acne or pimple prone areas, or it will assist in terrible breakouts. as long as u follow that guideline, so far i really like this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by mizlyn02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have light-medium, yellow-toned asian skin and have the shade medium and can I just say BEST drugstore dark circle concealer everr. I actually use this as my overall concealer to cover redness and to even out my skin. The packaging is pretty ehh but it's the results that come out of it I love. I have dry skin so it's definately best to moisturize before applying. Then set with a lil powder and BAM! Flawless. Lol. Will def repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really dark under eye circles and this is a life saver. It is so pigmented and covers my circles nicely without any creasing if I set it with a powder and lasts all day. I tried higher end concealers but they all creased on until I found this one. I also use this as an eyeshadow primer and it is amazing with that too, keeping my eyeshadows creaseless all day! HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by vicaquino

Great concealer, the formula is very lightweight and glides on so smoothly! I only use it for my undereye area and it provides medium coverage, which of course can be built up with more product. I like to use this on days that I wear minimal makeup as it looks super natural. The sponge applicator is a little tricky cause it doesn't dispense product very evenly, and I sometimes find myself having to turn the product quite a few times to get enough to come out. But overall it definitely is one of the better drugstore concealers.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by ashleymayf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Personally really dislike this packaging, and have mixed feelings on the concealer itself.

Mine is in the "illuminating" shade, which is perhaps my mistake. I find that it has a really odd, thin texture that felt almost greasy as I applied it. I also found that it flashed back in the most unflattering way in flash photography (partially due to the obnoxious shimmer of this shade). I've tried applying with fingers, brushes, sponges, everything and I can not make this work.

This product seems to be hyped quite a lot and I really don't understand it because I was so underwhelmed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The first time I tried this product, I hated it. I bought it in neutralizer, thought that it went on FAR too yellow, and I hated the sponge applicator, and even though I put a decent amount of it on, I didn't feel like it completely concealed my undereye darkness (which is, admittedly, severe).

The second time I tried this, I adjusted my expectations. I realized I had applied too much the first time, and given how yellow it appeared, I decided to apply it as more of a colour corrector than a full coverage concealer. I gently dotted it under my eyes, and blended it in with my ring finger. And it looked AWESOME.

My dark circles weren't COMPLETELY gone, but using this concealer under foundation helped to neutralize the darkness, so I only needed a tiny bit of my regular concealer on top. But the best part? it didn't crease. The entire day. This is unheard of for me. I tried comparing it to my other dark circle corrector, my previous HG. That product not only creased, but the eye I had it on looked more tired than the eye I applied this concealer to. New HG, definitely. I will never be without this as long as they continue to make it, and I look forward to trying the brightening shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by keiraellie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
+The formula is great. It feels light but provides great coverage.
+Doesn't flake on my drier areas
+Looks natural and pretty. Not cakey at all.
+The packaging (if it's not defective) is designed it so you use all the product
+Only about $10
+Works really well on the face to cover redness and blemishes

Cons:
-Sponge applicator. This is really the only way to put it on, and the sponge gets grungy. I don't like putting the sponge all over my nose then all over my face. It doesn't seem very sanitary. I don't have acne-prone skin but I can imagine that the dirty sponge can be an issue.
-Difficult to concentrate onto a zit due to the sponge. I wish I could just get the product straight so I can put it right where I want it.
-It is possible to get defective packaging. The packaging should press down to use all the product. However, mine leaks into the top chamber so half of the product is unaccessible. So I'm wasting a lot of product.
-Provides good coverage under my eyes. However, I'm stick looking for my HG under eye concealer for maximum coverage for special events.

Overall, this is a great concealer to cover-up blemishes and redness. I really like it and will repurchase.