April 18, 2014 | 1152 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

my go to concealer. i love love love this. its very good formula. it works perfectly. my only downfall is the packaging. the sponge tip kept fallin off and the cap wouldnt stay on either

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by shanzaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this in the neutralizer shade! Perfect peachy yellow color. Moisturizer before you put it on. This is also amazing for contouring and highlighting if you need some brightening up! But yeah it's amazing not too heavy at all either try it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the darkest one. I don't know what the heck I was thinking because it was still too light. Then the applicator was really weird. It just sucks that if I really want to get a good product that matches my skintone I have to go to a department store.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Mguthrie0206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although the rollerball makes this product easy to apply, I experienced a great deal of settling into the creases. The texture is silky which is nice, and the pigment is good, but by lunchtime it looks like unblended garbage.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this in the neutralizer shade, under the FitMe concealer. This helps to counter the blue-purple circles, and the concealer on top provides more coverage. I then set with a loose powder.

The packaging has pros and cons. The pro is that it prevents you from over applying... the cons are that
1) if you lose the cap, then the tip is open to the elements and would probably get dirty
2) if the mechanical screw function stops working, you're probably stuck buying a new one

However, I like how this product helps get rid of my extreme dark circles. It dries quickly so that I don't have to wait before applying my concealer on top. I will probably repurchase, or I might check out the Bobbi Brown corrector, depending on how much $ I have when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I bought this concealer in "light" and it's way too pink on my yellow skin. The neutralizer shade is a much better match. The coverage is okay. I like how easily this products spreads and blends. It looks awesome when using in conjunction with the beauty blender. I already purchased a second tube

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by barebeauty11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am really on the fence about this product.

First off, I love the consistency although that is also a downside. A lot of under eye concealers can be very heavy and instead of covering up your circles they just make them look worse throughout the day. This product on the other hand is very light, and comes in a color that I found matches my skin tone perfectly. Its light consistency limits its wear time though I think. I apply it in the mornings before I head to classes and when I come back an hour and a half later it almost looks as if I never put any concealer on.

The packaging is annoying, its just messy. It has the sponge top which is nice but I have NEVER NEVER been a fan of any make up compact that you have to "twist" to get the product out (besides lipstick obviously). The concealer comes out all at once making a mess on the actual packaging it's self, in your making bag and on you.

Over all I wouldn't buy this product again!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by jennita

I tried this and really wanted to like it but it just didn't last on me. Coverage wasn't great to begin with and I tried both with the applicator and with my fingers (my normal method). Neither got me the coverage I wanted. Back to MAC Pro Longwear...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Will not rebuy. It didn't make my skin look better or correct dark circles. It just made it look funny around my eyes. My friends literally laughed when they saw me after using this for a few days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

ORIGINAL 1/6/2012:
I hate to be the party pooper here but Meh-this just didn't live up to the hype for me. The culprit is the shade selection mainly; Im an NC20 & I have tried the:

-LIGHT too light almost pale grey & incredibly pink toned
-MEDIUM is much too dark for me
-BRIGHTENER is almost identical to the light IMO--super pink toned.

Also, the idea of the sponge is great vs the unhygienic tubs that u stick your finger in (NYX, thebalm), but because the clicker u twist the first 50x to get any product out has sooo much leftover residue to last for daysss on application, this defeats the purpose. Im sure the moist layer of product being exposed to air & not being able to really clean or replace the sponge is probably attracting germs over time. Lastly, the concealer is quite thin, yet opaque (worthy of 2 stars) but building the right amount because of the clicker is quite difficult, usually your left with too much & spreading it out in a small area, really leaves the area streaky.O yea Maybelline Superstay (a far superior concealer imo) has 10x the product for $2 less. (This one is 0.02oz of $10 vs SS is 0.18oz for $8!)

But I trust my fellow MUA's so if I find the NEUTRALIZER on sale, which looks very light/yellow toned from swatches on blogs online, I'll grab it & update back!

UPDATE: 2/16/14
Tried & tested the neutralizer shade & am SO glad I did. Its beautiful and easily my favorite undereye concealer from the DS atm. The shade is VERY similar to my NC20 Prolong wear; its a pale cream color; like white mixed with a soft hint of yellow. The texture is different ofcourse; very thin & unfort drying compared to MAC. It does brighten and awaken my eyes perfectly though; I just need to be moisturized well. I also still despise the sponge tip packaging for sanitary reasons. Im a concealerholic so own many; with this one (and doe foot applicators) i can't rotate them as long as i'd like because of shelf life. Other than that it has full coverage, veryyy minimal (natural) creasing (i do set with powder) and very affordable at the weekly BOGO sales. I will continue to repurchase :)