Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight In Paris 01

4.6

ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PARAFFIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

on 4/30/2013 12:22:00 AM

GREAT STUFF. Even for the price, the product itself is pretty amazing. Compare this to Maybelline's gel eyeliner and you will definitely want to choose this because not only is it cheaper but it's creamier and it's a lot less likely to transfer to the lids. The packaging isn't all that great but it still works!

Edit: If the product starts to dry out and cause flakes when you apply it, wet your brush first before dipping it into the pot. Gives a more precise and darker line anyways.

on 4/23/2013 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is by far the cheapest gel eyeliner i've seen at a drugstore like Target. When i saw all these reviews online, i thought why not give it a try. It costed around $5 AUD and it came in a pretty big jar. The consistency is SO smooth, like i dipped my brush in and it went very far down the pot. The colour is REALLY black and its so easy to apply to the eye. Downside however is that because its so wet you have to kind of leave it to dry for awhile because if you move your eyes or rub it it will cause lots of smudges (and its very black may i remind you). At the end of the day wise, i would get a few smudges here and there but its not bad considering how cheap this product was. I would really buy it again and its one of my favourite drugstore gel eyeliner!

on 4/18/2013 12:39:00 PM

This stuff is perfect. I used to fork out the $35 for the bobbi brown longwear because good gel liner is a staple I couldn't live without. One day I lost my jar whilst poor & got a little desperate so I bought essence instead. I am never looking back now. It glides on smooth and pigmented, drys to the point where it doesn't transfer all day, and does not flake off. The only thing I can complain about is the packaging is obviously not as pretty and it takes a little longer to dry without transferring. The quality is just below bobbi brown I would say, but certainly not enough to pay an extra 20 something bucks.

on 4/18/2013 12:20:00 PM

HG gel liner!

Price: $5 CAD
Pkg: screw-on lid
Colour: (Midnight in Paris) jet black
(London Baby) blackened bronzy brown
Finish: crème
Pigmentation: opaque
Texture: super creamy and soft

I was surprised because the pigmentation is as good as any (good) liquid liner. The gel is super smooth and buttery, unlike other gel liners out there (cough, Maybelline).
Glides on smoothly and sets real quick. Stays on forever on my oily lids.
When it dries out, just microwave for 10s with the lid OFF. Good as new until the three months are up.

on 4/16/2013 9:54:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I own two colors in this gel liner and I can say that I love it so much. I have both black and grey. They are so creamy and easy to apply. I use the eye liner brush that Essence sells. The staying power is amazing and lasts all night (10 hours of work). I can walk in the wind while my eyes water and it doesn't even cause the gel to budge. Both colors I have are so bright and shiny and I love how they look. I get compliments by many woman on how the product doesn't look flakey and looks as if I had just applied it to my eyes. The price is so amazing for the liner and the brush! It's amazing on the deal I feel I'm getting for such great quality of product.

on 4/14/2013 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Well, to be honest, I bought this eyeliner after reading a good review about this on this site. I love this product. Easy to apply and it doesn't smudge on my eyes. Use every morning before going to office and it stays there whole day. I tried few gel eyeliner brands and so far, this essence is the best. I move from mac to essence since with the cheaper price I can get the same result. Definitely will repurchase.

on 4/12/2013 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Love love this. I've tried a few other gel eyeliners and this is the best yet! Especially for the price and quality. It was very creamy at the start and super easy to work with. I prefer gel eyeliner to liquid and pencil. I've had it for a few months now and it's starting to dry a bit now. I tried buying another one and its not in stores any more - so sad! I hope they bring it back :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this eyeliner after reading so many reviews on this. I had very high hopes for it and I am not disappointed. I have Midnight In Paris and it is literally the blackest most creamy gel liner I have ever used. In comparison to Mac's blacktrack fluidline it ranks supreme. Personally, Mac's blacktrack wasn't extemely black it wasn't creamy. I couldn't build too much of the color because layering caused flaking. The essence on the other hand is magnificent. It glides on like butter. It's mouse like texture makes it easy for application. The price of this product blows my mind. If this was a $25 eyeliner it would be worth every penny and the fact that its not proves that higher end brands are sometimes just hype. This is my holy grail eyeliner. After all these years of looking I found what I thought didn't exist.

on 4/10/2013 11:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Definitely my HG eyeliner.

Doesn't transfer from my top lid to the bottom (I have that issue with so many stupid eyeliners). It stays put for 8+ hours!!! I put it on, come home from work and it's still in perfect condition. It doesn't flake off or anything when you curl your lashes (I have that issue of having the eyeliner come off when I try to curl my lashes). It's extremely opaque even if you use a little bit. It's crazy good! I think it's a million times better than the MAC's Fluidline and Wet 'n Wild's gel eyeliner. Gives you a clean crisp line without having to constantly dip your brush back into it. I've had mine for over 3 months now and it's still as creamy as when I bought it. It's more wet than a regular gel eyeliner, that's what makes it glides so easily. The packaging is average. Screw on plastic top. The lid isn't the best looking, but it still keeps the gel liner from drying out. I'm not TOO sure if it's extremely waterproof, but it's easy to wash off with makeup remover. Best applied with an eyeliner brush (Sonia Kashuk's $7 eyeliner brush or E.L.F.'s Studio $3 eyeliner brush).

Definitely try it out! It is THE best! Don't know why this eyeliner doesn't have more rave on it. It's the best thing in the world. I'd die if they EVER discontinue it.

on 4/6/2013 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I apologize for submitting this as a review since I have not had the opportunity to purchase it. From all of the positive reviews, I'm anxious to try it. But I haven't been able to locate it online. Does anyone have info on where to purchase? Thanks! Lisa