December 19, 2014 | 1570 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by brielouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This wasn't a great foundation on me - it gave awful coverage, and slid off immediately, and usually I worship a lot of the Chanel products. However, I can see that this would be a lovely foundation on somebody older, perhaps middle age + who's skin is beginning to dry out and show the effects of aging. It is very moisturising, maybe a bit oily, but it would finish naturally on somebody with dry skin with light-medium coverage - not slide off like it did to me. I can see how it would look dewy and youthful, but that isn't the type of foundation I need. I wouldn't say it's a terrible product at all, the Chanel counter just didn't recommend this well for me. It's suited to a certain age, and I can see it being a great product for them. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by beeps81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this foundation! Makes skin look young and dewy. Sets great with a little powder dusted over the top. Expensive, but you don't need to use a lot of product, as a little goes a long way. A bottle lasts me about 6 months with everyday use.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by AmyNicola

I bought this foundation a while ago as I had been using Benefit playsticks for years but when I put it on I can honestly say I have never disliked something so much. I asked the lady at the Chanel counter about their foundations as I had wanted to try them out. I told her that I had combination skin and that I needed full coverage. It turned out to be the completly wrong foundation for me. Even when used with primer and a setting powder I couldn't get the product to build and then stay on any longer than an hour. Frankly it's embarassing how quickly it comes off.

Even though I didn't like it at first I decided I would make an effort to get to like it however having worn it for about 2 weeks my mum eventually told me to give up as it looked horrible! It's a horrible colour on my skin even though the make up assistant supposedly matched me up, the texture is an awful dewy one which feels greasy the minute it's applied and it is definitely not a buildable coverage!

Never ever again would I buy this foundation. It's expensive and in my opinion you could easily spend £5 and find something far better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definitely the most natural finish I've ever achieved from any foundation. It was moisturising but not too moisturising that it felt greasy, it didn't cling to my dry spots, it evened out my skin without looking cakey. This foundation is absolutely wonderful. Of course, it didn't last very long but I didn't use a primer or a setting powder and longevity isn't a big deal for me. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. Totally HG if your skin type is dry to very dry. I haven't seen how bad this looks on oily skins so I can't say that it slips and makes people look like a grease ball.

I honestly don't understand why oily women go for this foundation and butcher its reputation. I wish I could have tried the old formulation because although it is moisturising enough, I would like it to be a tad bit more moisturising.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by crabbyhascrabs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

My all time favourite foundation. Feels very light and comfortable on the skin. I have dry flaky skin on my nose and sometimes get dry patches elsewhere on my face and I don't believe any foundation is going to solve this so I recommend exfoliating (I use No7 Total Renewal Micro-Dermabrasion Exfoliator 3 times a week and Clinique Clarifying Lotion Mild daily) and using a very hydrating moisturiser. This foundation does not sit on top of the dry patches and make them look worse it makes them look unnoticeable.
It is a sheer to medium coverage and is not buildable, I can still see my freckles through it.
Its great for photography as there is no flashback and the colour looks the same when using a flash, a lot of other foundations especially with an SPF can make you look ghostly in photos.
I find the satin and dewy finish to be perfect on my skin without setting powder but if you have normal or combination skin you will probably need some.

Overall great for people with dry skin who don't need much coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Maca01

I love this foundation. The only problem is it wears off within the first two hours after its applied, it also oxidizes a little. I wear it on my cheeks on top of my Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation on weekends when you don't want too much coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by KMiller2727

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this product so badly, but it:
--was too reflective, even after setting with lots of powder
--was too sheer (hard to build and did not cover any of my small red spots)
--accentuated the creases in my face (I guess you can call them smile lines??)
--came in poor color selection (lightest shade was barely light enough for me and I hear they don't have many dark shades either)
--expensive!

I have really dry skin so I liked that this didn't cling to anything dry on my face. I was really hoping to fall in love with this, but it just wasn't worth the money. I wouldn't say it's not bad for dry skin if you're looking for an intense beachy glow. It may really compliment mature skin. I gave my mom (65 years old) a little sample--will follow up with that later.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by SH81

I was sold this foundation because I made the mistake of saying that my skin is dry when really I just suffer from a little dryness around my mouth and forehead - nothing that a bit of extra moisturisation.

When you first apply this foundation it does make your skin look amazing just really pretty - a bit hard to define really. But unfortunately that wears off pretty quickly in my opinion - and I don't mean in 3-4 hours I mean within an hour. The foundation is still on your face but you can feel it it's just too dewy and I don't really suffer from oily skin.

I suspect that if you have chronic dry skin then this would work wonders or if you don't mind retoucing with a powder often then this is great. For me, I don't want a foundation where I have to keep worrying if it's slipped off particularly during a work day.

It's also got quite a strong scent which I don't particularly care for.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by bexidaisy

First things first; I have a love/hate relationship with this product, but that is simply my own fault, not the foundation's. I suffer from combo skin and localized breakouts and some weeks this will aggitate them, and some weeks it won't - however, when my skin is doing well this foundation is VERY hard to beat.
It makes my face glow without looking shiny, gives a nice medium/full coverage and I ALWAYS get compliments on my face whenever I wear it. Yes - It does need a very light dusting of powder to set (I use the MUF HD powder), but then I find it lasts all day for me. It doesn't cling to my dry spots, or accentuate my breakouts (although sometimes I do have to use a small amount of concealer over the top).
Overall, if applied with a big rounded buffing brush (such as Louise Young's) the resulting look is amazing. Yes, it takes some TLC to get the desired look, but it's totally worth it. If you spend the time buffing this foundation on, and set it correctly, it will look incredible!
The only reason I did not rate this 5/5 is because of the traditional Chanel heavy glass packaging. Yes, the pump is brilliant, but the bottle weighs a ton!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Sarahhedge57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really like this foundation. I always get compliments on my skin when I wear it. I found that it goes on much better with moisturizer on under it, even though it is moisturizing on it's own. If I skip that step it does not apply as well and does not cover as evenly. To finish I lightly dust on Guerlain Meteorites. Alas it does rub off on things like your phone and does not have as many shades as I would like, but is still a very nice foundation.