August 1, 2014 | 1633 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Maca01

I love this foundation. The only problem is it wears off within the first two hours after its applied, it also oxidizes a little. I wear it on my cheeks on top of my Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation on weekends when you don't want too much coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by KMiller2727

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this product so badly, but it:
--was too reflective, even after setting with lots of powder
--was too sheer (hard to build and did not cover any of my small red spots)
--accentuated the creases in my face (I guess you can call them smile lines??)
--came in poor color selection (lightest shade was barely light enough for me and I hear they don't have many dark shades either)
--expensive!

I have really dry skin so I liked that this didn't cling to anything dry on my face. I was really hoping to fall in love with this, but it just wasn't worth the money. I wouldn't say it's not bad for dry skin if you're looking for an intense beachy glow. It may really compliment mature skin. I gave my mom (65 years old) a little sample--will follow up with that later.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by SH81

I was sold this foundation because I made the mistake of saying that my skin is dry when really I just suffer from a little dryness around my mouth and forehead - nothing that a bit of extra moisturisation.

When you first apply this foundation it does make your skin look amazing just really pretty - a bit hard to define really. But unfortunately that wears off pretty quickly in my opinion - and I don't mean in 3-4 hours I mean within an hour. The foundation is still on your face but you can feel it it's just too dewy and I don't really suffer from oily skin.

I suspect that if you have chronic dry skin then this would work wonders or if you don't mind retoucing with a powder often then this is great. For me, I don't want a foundation where I have to keep worrying if it's slipped off particularly during a work day.

It's also got quite a strong scent which I don't particularly care for.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by bexidaisy

First things first; I have a love/hate relationship with this product, but that is simply my own fault, not the foundation's. I suffer from combo skin and localized breakouts and some weeks this will aggitate them, and some weeks it won't - however, when my skin is doing well this foundation is VERY hard to beat.
It makes my face glow without looking shiny, gives a nice medium/full coverage and I ALWAYS get compliments on my face whenever I wear it. Yes - It does need a very light dusting of powder to set (I use the MUF HD powder), but then I find it lasts all day for me. It doesn't cling to my dry spots, or accentuate my breakouts (although sometimes I do have to use a small amount of concealer over the top).
Overall, if applied with a big rounded buffing brush (such as Louise Young's) the resulting look is amazing. Yes, it takes some TLC to get the desired look, but it's totally worth it. If you spend the time buffing this foundation on, and set it correctly, it will look incredible!
The only reason I did not rate this 5/5 is because of the traditional Chanel heavy glass packaging. Yes, the pump is brilliant, but the bottle weighs a ton!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Sarahhedge57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really like this foundation. I always get compliments on my skin when I wear it. I found that it goes on much better with moisturizer on under it, even though it is moisturizing on it's own. If I skip that step it does not apply as well and does not cover as evenly. To finish I lightly dust on Guerlain Meteorites. Alas it does rub off on things like your phone and does not have as many shades as I would like, but is still a very nice foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by protegemoi02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this, however was incredibly underwhelmed. After a year of admiring Samantha Chapman's (pixiwoo) beautiful glowing skin I decided to just go ahead and get it. I got it in the shade 20 Claire and was a touch too dark on me (will never guesstimate a foundation shade online again) I didn't like the overall feel of this foundation. Looked lovely, but just felt greasy, wet and heavy. Felt like my face was melting! I've tried using a few different types of brushes and application techniques but just couldn't stand the wet feel. I tried powdering, but just took away the glow that I wanted. Love this foundation on other ladies but just couldn't get past the feel. Would reccommend if you aren't sensitive to a very duey face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to capture the dewy look that one of the artists on the Youtube channel, "Pixiwoo" had created for her "Everyday Makeup" video. She had used Chanel "Prolumiere" foundation but since that's been discontinued, that wasn't an option. I went to the Chanel counter and requested their best foundation for that "lit from within" glow. This product was recommended and I was matched up with the Ivory shade. This foundation was nothing spectacular. I certainly didn't have that dewy, youthful look I was going for and when you are charging $55.00 for a foundation, I would expect something better than just average. This one goes in the category of nothing special for me so I returned it. Thumbs down on this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

Vitalumiere is just what the doctor ordered. I usually have combination skin but lately it's been dry due to enviornmental factors.
Shade: After viewing online, I was interested in either 30 Cendre or 40 Beige. The SA said I could go either way but the 40 was a bit too dark but seemed to cover my redness more. Also, I have to blend 40 in more to make it work. I settled on 30 and it's the perfect shade for my oddball skintone. I have olive skin with red and brown tones. For reference, I'm 30 in Dior and NC40 in MAC. I actually find Chanel 30 a very good match, it just blended right into my skin and along my jawline.
Application: After viewing some bloggers, some say this works better w/ a brush. I beg to differ. When using my fave foundation brush, I felt that the foundation was too moisturizing and it just swished it around leaving streaks. I find that when I use my fingers, it blended in much better. Also, I feel that you really need to work in this foundation and blend like crazy with soft gentle downward strokes to get a nice even canvas. If you blend in circles, you will allow the foundation to cling on to any dry patches.
Finish: Vitalumiere pinned the tail on the donkey! This is actally what I was looking for in a dewy natural light foundation. This does contain "light reflecting properties" and what I do to tone that down a bit is lightly dust MUFE HD loose powder over Vitalumiere and it creates a soft effect and eliminates shine. In comparison to my other "dewy" foundation (Diorskin Nude Hydrating Foundation), I find that Vitalumiere works better and is more moisturizing for me during the winter months. I use Diorskin Nude when my skin leans more combo and not as dry. Also, Diorskin Nude doesn't have "light reflecting properties" there is a dew to it but it's not as moist or glowy as Vitalumiere. Also, Diorskin Nude has more of a medium coverage and Vitalumiere is more light and can be built up to somewhat of a medium but you will still need concealer on trouble spots. I love Vitalumiere for my everyday foundation, it feels so luxorious on the skin and it gives light nautral finish.
Price: It's Chanel so it's expensive. It retails for $55 plus tax (US).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I have combination skin but recently its been so dry that this foundation has been a god send. I have just got back from a 2 week holiday in the maldives and got the shade 50 natural, which is a little on the orange-ish side, but the 40 is too light really i think i need to mix them both but cannot be bothered to buy 2 foundations...I love the glowy-dewy finish, i love how easily this glides on like silk it takes me half the time to apply this over my laura mercier silk creme foundation. It does get a little shiny through out the day but its a glowy kind of foundation so that will happen. I just powder a tiny amount down my nose and slightly on forehead and use oil blotting sheets from mac too. Coverage isnt full- but its great in the way you can layer it and it still looks great- you cant do that with many foundations. Thta way you can build up to a medium-full coverage. im usually nc35ish but now i think a bit more nc37 in mac. One bad thing thats so annoying is the cap keeps coming off it literally wont stay on the bottle and then my make up bag or hand bag just gets covered in foundation...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by xandreaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

used this foundation once, and it's nothing special for me. it gives a light build able to medium coverage and gives me a satin finish. It didn't give me a illuminated or glowy look that it said it would and honestly isn't very interesting. the price is not a surprise cause it is Chanel. but I prefer the Dior ones over this one anytime