John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlighting Shampoo

3.4

on 1/24/2006 8:08:00 PM

I love this product. I have highlights and this really makes them brighter. I wanted to get a shampoo that kept them from getting brassy and this is it. I use it with the matching conditioner. Smells great, nice lather.

on 1/21/2006 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff!!! I love how bouncy and shiny my hair is (my hair is naturally med/dark brown, but highlighted to an almost blonde shade). Keeps my highlights super-bright for a long time and doesn't feel like it's stripping my hair at all. Everyone at work says the love how soft and shiny my hair is. And at less than $5 a bottle who can resist?????

on 12/14/2005 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I will probably buy this again. I have medium brown hair with dark blonde highlights. I have been using Aveda Blue Malva shampoo to keep my blonde cool, not brassy. I ran out of that and just did not want to go back to the salon before my next appointment. So, on a whim I picked up this shampoo and conditioner in honey to caramel. It works great! The very first time I used it my hair was noticable brighter but not brassy. Maybe the results were so dramatic because it was clearing away some of the Blue Malva residue, but none-the-less great results. I might keep using this or I might go back to the Blue Malva for the rest of the winter, but definitely, come summer when I want brighter highlights I'll be back to this.

on 12/11/2005 10:30:00 PM

Makes your highlights last longer and comes in different shades for all types of blonde. Moisturizes and smells good too!

on 11/14/2005 4:26:00 PM

I'd like to quote blueplanet36 word by word in this one, and also add, it doesn't let my hair go blonder in the sun... I wonder if it's got some sort of hidden screen...I used it up because I hate throwing anything away, but never ever again.

on 10/31/2005 11:52:00 AM

Love this shampoo! I have darker highlighted hair, prob. more Honey and Caramel than Platinum, however the Honey shampoo didn't do much, so I tried the Platinum--really brightens my hair! And I swim, so I feel that it really gets rid of the chlorine deposites. Really like it. And I love the Sheer Blonde Moisturizing Conditioner with it--one of the best moisturizing conditioners out there!!! EDIT: stopped using it for no real reason. Got tired of the strong scent and of the chemicals in my hair and switched to Alba Botanica. Good stuff, way more gentle!

on 10/11/2005 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I find this shampoo really works for me, have tried switching back to other brands and have continued to come back to this one for it's brightening effect on my highlights. It seems like from reading other reviews that this works best on those with highlights as opposed to natural blondes. Hmmmmm......

on 9/22/2005 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I did not like this product at all. It dried my hair out, smelled horrible, plus it did not brighten my highlights like they claimed it would. Save your money on this one.

on 8/8/2005 9:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This was a nice shampoo, and if on sale I would buy it again. I LOVE the tube, it travels well. This was alos nice at the beach. Did not notice anything special in terms of helping the highlights....but it was a good cleanser. I would not rate it any higher than the Johnsons Honey shampoo...same general idea. So whichever was on sale. Have not tried the conditioner, it may work better with it?

on 8/8/2005 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This didn't do much for my light blonde hair at all. It didn't do much to keep my hair clean and often made it tangly after washing. Brightened hair for about a day after washing then it seemed to darken it more than ever. Hmmm, not what I was hoping for.

Popular Shampoos