Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess

Price: $

on 11/1/2007 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I smelled only one other musk, from Kiehl's, which I HATED. This one I love. It's just... me. I enjoy very few perfumes, which tend to make me have a headache if I wear them, but this is so soft, I just enjoy it. And it really does smell like... me. It works for who I am.

on 8/29/2007 2:13:00 PM

I'm as unimpressed with the scent as I am with Auric Blends itself. Very pricey and their shipping charges are outrageous! Unfortunately, I believed all the hype about this one and purchased the large bottle - stupid me. As for Egyptian Goddess itself, it doesn't smell like Egyptian musk oil, but regular run-of-the-mill musk oil. The best Egyptian musk oil I've come across is Sweet Cake's World's Best Egyptian Musk Oil. I definitely will not be repurchasing this ho-hum oil from AB again. Also, they are supposed to send an email with the UPS tracking when the items are shipped - they didn't and I had to make two phone calls to find out where the package was. I wish I had read AB's 92% rating at Amazon before I ordered from AB's website - I wouldn't have bothered purchasing it. Their customer service is terrible.

on 8/12/2007 7:16:00 AM

I bought this because of all the positive reviews. I couldn't wait to get it. As soon as I twisted off the top of the little glass roller bottle I knew I wasn't going to be wearing it. Don't get me wrong, it is not a bad smell, just that this is the scent on every woman I come in contact with over the age of 50. Because of that, I associate it with an older lady's perfume. I am giving it to my Step mom who is in her 60s and will LOVE it. Just not for me.
P.S. I dabbed some on one wrist to see if I would change my mind but nope, and of course because I didn't like it, the scent lasted all day long. LOL! That is how it goes I guess.

on 7/13/2007 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

When I first sampled this, I loved the initial notes. But as it dried down & began to mellow out on my skin, it lost me. It smelled good. It's just not anything stand outish to me. I much prefer AB's Black Opium. It's one of the best that I have tried.

on 7/10/2007 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was looking forward to receiving my Auric blends Egyptian Musk because I had pleasant memories of my roommate in college wearing this lovely scent. I would sometimes borrow a dab or two and I remember feeling very sexy when I wore it.

However, when the product arrived I felt my heart sink with complete disappointment. I put a tiny dab in the nook of my arm and the smell was strong and perfumey. It had an overwhelming synthetic floral scent. I would describe the scent to be incredibly artifical and chemical-like.

Perhaps, my taste has changed...I did drink heavily in college and that may have altered my sense of smell. I'm looking for a scent that is very light and natural. I'd like something that smells realistic and untainted. Most perfume give me a headache and smells like a cotton candy whore.

My Auric Blends shipment arrived at my office;therefore, I jumped right into it at work. I immediately felt embarrassed for wearing such a strong, cheap scent. I waited an hour to see if the smell would mellow out a bit.
It made me feel sick so I went to the bathroom to wash it off. I had to load the soap on and wash it numerous times to get rid of the toxic smell.

It just didn't smell warm and natural to me. The chemical floral smell was overwhelming. I'll stick with my simple jovan musk oil from the drug store!

I ended up giving away the brand new bottle of Egyptian Musk for free on Craigslist. That was $13.00 down the drain! (Product + Shipping)

on 7/10/2007 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Egyptian Goddess is the ultimate Egyptian musk! It's not weighed down with heavy floral notes and perfumes like most EM's that are currently on the market. It reminds me of the original EM of the mid 80's. Clean, slightly soapy, mellow, sorta fruity but sooooo sensual. Perfect! The lasting power is superb too.

on 5/21/2007 11:30:00 PM

I like this, at first it mostly reminded me of my best friend who is the biggest boho hippie chic in the world( maybe because of the earthy smell and simplicity of it), but then i hopped into my suv with the windows down in the mid-day heat of the sun and all of a sudden I did feel like a goddess! Seriously the smell wafted around me in the wind and I felt like whoever passed me and got a whiff would be mesmerized. Legend has it that Cleopatra wore musk scents to greet her lovers, because the aroma made her feel beautiful and powerful!! Studies now show that the plesant musky and woodsy orders mimic the body's natural aroma and makes one more attractive to other people!!!
LOng story short, I might make it my signature, my husband likes it, and it definitely will not be taking a hit on my wallet as much as my other favs!

on 5/16/2007 7:33:00 PM

This is a beautiful,soft ,clean musk scent.Unbelievable quality for the price. There is a reason it's AB's best seller and has stood the test of time. It could work on a man or woman,is good on its own ,but also layers well with other scents.
It smells nice without being overpowering or perfumey,and can work in all seasons.
If you love fragrances, I think no collection is complete without this.Yet if you don't like being overwhelmingly perfumed, this is also might be good for you. A contemporary classic.

on 4/23/2007 7:27:00 PM

I purchased a HUGE 1.7oz bottle of this oil on ebay for about 18.00. I LOVE it. It is nice clean Egyptian Musk, that last forever and my DH like this better than my $$$ fragrances.
I particularly like this version because it does not remind me of "head shop"
If you like egyptian style musk, this is a great option for a very low price.

on 3/15/2007 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Amazing. It's very very similar to Anamor All That Matters and I believe it's the original that inspired the Anamor fragrance:

....
If you compare prices (Anamor $150, EG $7) there'll be no question about which you should go for. Also, thumbs up for the wonderful customer service at Auric Blends!

Popular Fragrances