November 26, 2014 | 1008 users online

Fragrances - Auric Blends - Egyptian Goddess

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Fyankevich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking forward to receiving my Auric blends Egyptian Musk because I had pleasant memories of my roommate in college wearing this lovely scent. I would sometimes borrow a dab or two and I remember feeling very sexy when I wore it.

However, when the product arrived I felt my heart sink with complete disappointment. I put a tiny dab in the nook of my arm and the smell was strong and perfumey. It had an overwhelming synthetic floral scent. I would describe the scent to be incredibly artifical and chemical-like.

Perhaps, my taste has changed...I did drink heavily in college and that may have altered my sense of smell. I'm looking for a scent that is very light and natural. I'd like something that smells realistic and untainted. Most perfume give me a headache and smells like a cotton candy whore.

My Auric Blends shipment arrived at my office;therefore, I jumped right into it at work. I immediately felt embarrassed for wearing such a strong, cheap scent. I waited an hour to see if the smell would mellow out a bit.
It made me feel sick so I went to the bathroom to wash it off. I had to load the soap on and wash it numerous times to get rid of the toxic smell.

It just didn't smell warm and natural to me. The chemical floral smell was overwhelming. I'll stick with my simple jovan musk oil from the drug store!

I ended up giving away the brand new bottle of Egyptian Musk for free on Craigslist. That was $13.00 down the drain! (Product + Shipping)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 10:24:00 AM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Egyptian Goddess is the ultimate Egyptian musk! It's not weighed down with heavy floral notes and perfumes like most EM's that are currently on the market. It reminds me of the original EM of the mid 80's. Clean, slightly soapy, mellow, sorta fruity but sooooo sensual. Perfect! The lasting power is superb too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2007 11:30:00 PM More reviews by toiletrywhore

I like this, at first it mostly reminded me of my best friend who is the biggest boho hippie chic in the world( maybe because of the earthy smell and simplicity of it), but then i hopped into my suv with the windows down in the mid-day heat of the sun and all of a sudden I did feel like a goddess! Seriously the smell wafted around me in the wind and I felt like whoever passed me and got a whiff would be mesmerized. Legend has it that Cleopatra wore musk scents to greet her lovers, because the aroma made her feel beautiful and powerful!! Studies now show that the plesant musky and woodsy orders mimic the body's natural aroma and makes one more attractive to other people!!!
LOng story short, I might make it my signature, my husband likes it, and it definitely will not be taking a hit on my wallet as much as my other favs!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2007 7:33:00 PM More reviews by aura_brite1

This is a beautiful,soft ,clean musk scent.Unbelievable quality for the price. There is a reason it's AB's best seller and has stood the test of time. It could work on a man or woman,is good on its own ,but also layers well with other scents.
It smells nice without being overpowering or perfumey,and can work in all seasons.
If you love fragrances, I think no collection is complete without this.Yet if you don't like being overwhelmingly perfumed, this is also might be good for you. A contemporary classic.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by cheapandchic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased a HUGE 1.7oz bottle of this oil on ebay for about 18.00. I LOVE it. It is nice clean Egyptian Musk, that last forever and my DH like this better than my $$$ fragrances.
I particularly like this version because it does not remind me of "head shop"
If you like egyptian style musk, this is a great option for a very low price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2007 8:22:00 AM More reviews by pixelchen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing. It's very very similar to Anamor All That Matters and I believe it's the original that inspired the Anamor fragrance:

....
If you compare prices (Anamor $150, EG $7) there'll be no question about which you should go for. Also, thumbs up for the wonderful customer service at Auric Blends!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2007 11:50:00 AM More reviews by silksk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

so I was looking for a substitute for the superb but overpriced narciso rodriguez musc oil, and i came across this. while this may be no substitute(that is to say, i think they two different fragrances) it's a beautiful fragance itself. it's a little spicier than narciso, and might have what you call a little dirtiness to it in the beginning. but after that, it turns into a sexy skin like scent, and it lasts FOREVER! i can smell in on myself even after i shower. and it's dirt cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2007 8:06:00 PM More reviews by BlackChloe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

o.k. i bought this based on reviews here. I am making it out my business to post a review on this because I was so sadly disappointed. 1st I bought this to replace the Narcisco Rodriguez musc thats seriously overpriced @ a whopping 150.00 that I would swear is nothing but Egyptian musk oil and it very well could be however it's either mixed with something else or seriously thinned out and smells way better.
the musk from Auric blends - smells dirty and has way to much Patchouli in it. It stinks and its not beautiful. it makes my skin itch horribly. Boy was I pissed, Not only did I buy the roll-on in the stuff w/o smelling it first but I bought there large size - I swore I found a nice smelling alternative the real Narcisco Rodriguez musk - but not so. My husband loved NR and I didnt tell him i am trying the musk - he smelled this scent on me and his first comment was "what happened to the NR?" I said I ran out and this is the alternative - " he said go back and buy another bottle of NR that smells good - this doesnt. He's right it stinks but I already spent my money. It really smells dirty. I am not making any more purchases based solely on MUA reviews ever again. From the rating you would have thought this was a sure hit - this was a definite miss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2007 1:10:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I smelled this in the store and couldn't stop smelling my arm. I really hate musks in general, but this is a rare exception. Its balanced out with floral notes. Plus, it makes me feel a little sophisticated, yet girly at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2007 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Oooh...Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess is a very sensual Egyptian Musk. Now, I adore Egyptian Musk varieties anyway, so I may be biased. Egyptian Goddess is among my favorite versions of the "genre" however. Here's how Auric Blends describes this beauty: "...Egyptian Goddess, combines soft florals, light powder and musk to create a perfume that is seductive, feminine and enticing... Gorgeous indeed! Something else that makes Egyptian Goddess special: it lasts and last, and this is noteworthy because staying power is sometimes a challenge with Egyptian Musks. ...And if perfume oil is not your cup of tea, Auric Blends also sells this sent in a perfume spray...