November 23, 2014 | 2007 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector [LR 2412 4%]

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by kpxgenie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So many mixed reviews of this... I have to say, at first, I was not impressed. I used samples of this day and night for about 2 weeks. My skin is dry on the cheeks & oily in the T-zone. I use tons of moisturizer normally, but with this, I cleansed my face > toner > Visionnaire > moisturizer (not as much as I normally use). I didn't think it really made a difference until I ran out of samples. o.O
2 weeks of not using this and I started noticing that my skin wasn't as "glowy" in the mornings and after I got off work. It seemed to go back to its "I have a lot of moisturizer glow" instead of that natural healthy facial glow. So, I caved in, bought a bottle, and BAM back to healthy, supple, skin. It doesnt break me out, but then again my skin isnt THAT sensitive. Overall, definitely worth the purchase for those that are under 50, because I don't think this is strong enough to help with already aged skin. Definitely a preventative-aging measure!

HOWEVER, due to the expensive price tag (even if it IS worth it), I take off one lippie.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by SeeTea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff. It's crazy expensive but I feel like it really changed my skin. I noticed results almost immediately from day 1 the texture of my skin is much smoother now and I think even my pores are starting to look better (but that may be because my skin texture has improved THAT much).

I've used this for about 2 months now and 2x a day (day and night), finishing off the 1 fl. oz size in that amount of time. NOT CHEAP since I used it up so fast. I just ran out of it and immediately repurchased the big bottle (3.3 fl. oz size) despite the cost.

I don't know if the results are lasting if I do not continue to use the product or if I have to continuously use the product to maintain this effect. I will try to use less with this next bottle (only 1x a day) to see if I continue to get the same results with less product.

Only drawback is that it hasn't improved my hyperpigmentation freckles along my upper cheeks which is one of the things I was initially hoping it would do. Also love the pretty packaging :) From other reviews it looks like this is a hate it or love it product since some people's skin does not have a favorable reaction with the unique active ingredient (LR 2412 4%), so I suggest getting samples and try it out first before committing to the price tag. Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by xxbabydollxx

This serum is a godsend, and I dont even like lancome! I bought this because there were so many great reviews on Sephora, hah not here obviously. To start off I'm a big believer of a great serum-- the price is always justified. I'd even go far enough to say that w/ a great serum you could get away with using a plain jane moisturizer. to me a serum is a concentrated solution that could ideally treat whatever problem you have at the root. It contains no moisture at all just the solution. This serum works goodness on your whole complexion, I believe its main purpose is to lighten up dark spots...? It does that slowly with time but a weeks use of this is amazing on your complexion as a whole. Your skin looks lumious, clearer(even if you have acne still-- thats me) , and more even and radiant skin. All things I never thought my skin could be! I'm a skincare fanatic.. always hopeful on the search for a life changing product that will finally do what its advertised to do. And boy.. does this product deliver.! My parents and bf both complimented me saying something looks different and It was really just this serum.

I use this serum in the morning to take advantage of the pearlescent quality in the serum. If you own this product you know what I mean. when you pump the serum onto your hand you cant see a slight pinkish/silvery sheen to the serum which adds to the radiance of this serum once applied .

If your looking for something to diminish dark spots I would try a serum from the diorsnow line(esp the night one) while this product does do some spot lightening I love it better as a overall complexion treatment, to inject life and light into my skin. I would not rely on this to correct dark spots. This would cause some people to dock a lipstick off but despite that, I would repurchase to no end, it's that amazing to me! Def one of my skincare must haves.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ouch!

I am 5 days into a large sample and I just had to rewash my face (well, Bioderma Crealine followed by thermal water) because my skin was burning after applying Visionnaire.

Visionnaire is the only change I've made in my skin care routine. Granted, I'm switching to this after unsuccessfully trying a Clarins serum (so maybe I should have given my skin a break and gone back to a tried and true product for a week).

I noticed some increased sensitivity two nights ago. Today it was bad enough that I needed to remove the product. Obviously I didn't use it long enough to see any other effects.

For the record: I'm 37, skin that verges to the dry (although my previous skin care routine seems to have stabilized my skin and I was able to kick down my moisturizer). I use a retinol at night (alternating with Clarins Santal oil), a Roche-Posay moisturizer and sunscreen during the day, usually just spot concealing if necessary with no foundation. Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair-- used as a serum during the day, under moisturizer and sunscreen-- seems to work the best for me, so back to that I go!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this luxury treatment (don't spend so much money on cosmetics any more because I found some cheap creams that works even better).
It did make my skin soft and smooth and glowing but I didn't notice that my pores shrinked. Cheap Nivea cream does the same for me... So for me the effect is too subtle for the price. Therefore I won't be purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by dunibuni

I recently changed my entire skincare routine. I have suffered with adult acne for over 5 years, and it was time for a change. I decided to splurge on the "best" products I could find and make an investment on my skin, on my life! Visionnaire was one of the first products I started using during this massive transition of my skin. This product is good. Very good. Upon the first few times of using it, my skin texture significantly improved. My skin felt a lot smoother and a lot of the little bumps that I had on the sides of my face disappeared. And I know it's this product because this was the only product I added into my skincare at that particular time. My only gripe is the packaging: I cannot see how much product I have left and it seems like I won't be able to access the last few drops. Regardless, it's my holy grail, and totally worth the almost $100. Yes, my wallet hurts...but hey, it's worth the investment for good, painless skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I somehow managed to accumulate 3 huge deluxe samples of this so I was able to thoroughly test it out over the course of about 5 weeks. Sadly it didn't do anything for my skin. I was hoping to see some improvement in how my pores and lines looked, or at least for a tiny bit of a "glow", but there was zero change. It didn't break me out and I like how lightweight it is (good for my oily skin), but I need a skincare product that actually DOES something. Glad I didn't invest in a full-size bottle.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Absolutely

I'm on the fence. For my dehydrated, oily winter skin, this was great at the beginning. My skin looked brighter and was more hydrated (or felt that way because of the silicones). On the other hand, I am breaking out in places I don't normally break out in. I would recommend if you're not as clog-prone. This is not a miracle product but it can brighten skin nicely (it's pinky-clear, with some subtle shimmer).
Update: Major breakout. Not to use serums full of silicones for my skin again

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by karljohan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The texture is light and easily absorbed by my skin. My skin feels smoother after a few uses, pore size reduce quite a fair bit. No problems with my acne prone and sensitive skin. However, the effect is only prominent in the beginning, after that it did nothing much to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Joyfulheart5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I guess I am in the minority, but I love this product. It keeps my skin supple (along with my moisturizer), smooth and glowing. I tried using something else for a while because of the cost of this product, but my skin started looking more “aged” so I repurchased Visionnaire.