July 25, 2014 | 955 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by nadyastwt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I DO LOVE this product. I'm an NC 40 and i use this foundation in beige 4.0. I also have an oily combination skin, and this foundation does a really good job in making my skin matte in at least 6 hours, and after that i just need a little bit of touch up around my nose area which tends to get more oily than the other part of my face!

This foundation makes my skin look flawless and it also covers up my large pores. The fragrance is also the other thing that i really love from this product. The flowery scent smells fresh and it lasts really really long. I was quite surprised at first, that i can still smell the fragrance by the time i wanted to wipe off all my make up at the end of the night.

The other plus thing about this foundation is the packaging is really tough. I dropped it once to my bathroom tile, and i didn't see anything that can make this glass packaging break or something. So this really wowed me.

Overall this is a very good foundation although its a bit pricey, but i still think the quality of this foundation is still worth the price. I definitely would repurchase this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by makeupstuffs

Just when I was loosing all hope on my skin ever looking even remotely ok this arrived in the post. I have the oilest skin ever and large pores. This is definitely not the most matte foundation I have tried so I am very surprised at people finding this so matte. To be honest, this is only a tad more matte than the vitalumiere aqua which is semi-matte. I love the vitalumiere aqua, however due to my really oily skin it just slides off in a few hours. This hasn't got the longest staying power I have ever seen in a foundation and I have tried many. However, the fact I can wear a moderate coverage foundation and not feel it on my skin wins me over with this one. I am someone who would never wear foundation if i din't have to and cannot wait to wash it off when I do. However, with this one I really don't mind keeping it on after work for a while longer. This is by no means a heavy coverage foundation like studiofix liquid or estee lauder double wear which I absolutely hate. But it's great I can get such great coverage and minimised pores without feeling like I am wearing 1kg of make up on my face (double wear emphasised my pores ridiculously and as did ysl teint resist another long-wear foundation). I am B20 in this and vitalumiere aqua, this did not oxidise on me at all in fact the B20 of the vitalumiere aqua appears a tad darker than this. If you want glowy radiant foundation try YSL perfect touch. In my opinion you can't go wrong with Chanel or YSL when it comes to foundation which actually makes your skin look good and healthy not so dull like so many other brands I have tried, just find the right one for your skin type.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Lucinda101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this foundation but I just can't seem to get it to work for me. The bottle looks great and the fragrance is nice, that's about all I could find that I liked about it. I have combination skin that breaks out occasionally and found that this was actually quite drying, also I have the same issue as a previous reviewer in that whilst the foundation gives medium coverage it doesn't seem to hide blemishes at all so I still need quite a lot of foundation. I found the colour range limited for paler skins, I'm about NC15 with yellow tones and the palest shade is still too dark for me and for that reason I definitely wouldn't buy this again. In addition, at £36 I found this too expensive for how well it worked and think that there are better foundations around this price point.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by greengoblin

I have golden/yellow undertones, so I had been using the bobbi brown foundation for oily skin, till one day my mom told me it looked dull on me. And thus began the search for a new foundation! I was matched at the Chanel counter for this foundation for oily skin. Initially it did great! and then as it started to get warmer, I would literally see this foundation slip off my face, oxidize and all sorts of other horrors.

I would definately recommend this for someone with a medium oily skin, not super oily! But they do have good shades for Indian skin tones

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Chanel has been my favourite beauty brand for a few years now and while I feel like the majority of their releases do wow me, this one did not. Its not a bad foundation, there is just absolutely nothing stand out about it. I bought this at a Chanel counter for 55+ tax which I believe comes out to about $63- so a very pricey product but from Chanel, what do you expect? When I went to buy it, I had the sales lady apply it to my whole face and we decided that B12 was definitely the best match which is the same as my HG foundation, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. The foundation comes in a classic Chanel bottle- smoked glass with a really nice black lid with the Chanel logo which is very beautiful and luxurious but not very practical. I find that one full pump of the foundation dispenses enough for a full face of medium coverage. It sets to a demi- matte finish that it very pretty. I have dry skin and I don't find that it accentuates any of my dry spots. I have found a few foundations like this one that seem to offer good coverage but don't actually cover much redness or spots which I find incredibly bizarre and this seems to fall into that boat. When it comes to wear time this definitely isn't fabulous- I start to notice that it doesn't really get oily but it does go patchy after about 6 hours of wear and the only way to remedy that is applying more foundation. I think that it is fine for a night out since I do use it for that purpose and it does fine but for a full day at work this probably isn't going to be your best friend. I don't find this to be a horrible foundation but at $63 you can do so much better. I find that Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous does a better job than this and I got that one for $12 so not very impressive. I feel like this bottle is going to be a huge headache to get through because I lost the receipt and expect superior performance from my foundation on a daily basis and this definitely does not give that. Wouldn't recommend unless you have money to burn.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It is a good foundation, but not HG. I purchased this foundation because of the color match -beige 20 was good on my neutral nc20/25 skin-tone. good foundation, but not sure if i would repurchase because unfortunately i am not wow-ed by it.

Texture reminds me of the older formulation of teint idole from Lanc�me. Coverage is medium to full. Did not oxidize on me as the day wore on. I am combo/dry and def needed moisturizer. It comes in a glass bottle with pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by nguyen28

I'm an NC 35. I'm asian with some yellow undertones--mostly oilve. I LOVE THIS foundation. Seriously my HG. First of all, my color in this is Biege 40. It took me a long time to find this match. Beige 30 did not have enough yellow undertones for me.

I do have dry patches around my face and this foundation surprisingly doesn't make them appear worst. It melts into your skin so perfectly. It has a liquid to powder finish and oxidizes a half shade darker as the day goes on.

If you're looking for more of a dewy medium coverage this is definitely NOT for you. To be honest, I was scared to buy a matte foundation because of my dry skin--BUT let me tell you. Its definitely worth trying. I rarely have to touchup unless its been more than 5 hours.

I will buy this again! Most likely will have to go a shade darker for the summer. Great buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by absolutepitch1825

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my foundation for now since they discontinued my favorite Mat Lumiere!!! So far it's been good medium coverage foundation but the only drawback is it oxidizes. My face was kind of darker orangey shade at the end of the day with using matching shade of powder, so I switched powder to N.Y.C transparent loose powder to go with and it worked great. It's a good foundation but because of the price I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by tinks13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am surprised by the amount of negative reviews on this foundation. I don't usually write reviews but thought I would give my opinion on this product for those who want to try it out but are being held back by the negative reviews. I also have dry skin and love it! I love this foundation, it makes my skin look so flawless and perfect. I'm about a MAC NC35 and I wear it in the shade 40. I squeeze out less than one pump on the back of my hand (anymore than that and it can begin to look a bit cakey) and I apply it with my fingers straight onto moisturised skin, no primers, brushes nothing just moisturised skin. A lot of people with dry skin are complaining that it doesn't work for them but it does work, it's just the application that you have to get right. I found that a heavy duty moisturiser like my Dove one, which used to leave a greasy (don't let this scare you off) finish on the skin works best with this. This is because when you apply the foundation it absorbs that excess oil from the moisturiser and so sits better on the skin and doesn't look dry. Also, forget using primers and fancy brushes, this foundation needs to 'interact' straight with the skin. If you create barriers or begin to layer it, it's gonna start to look cakey again. I find the best way to apply is with your fingers so that the warmth from your fingers applies enough heat to make it sit in your skin rather than on top of it. Once on it looks beautiful, it has a semi matte finish and you can still see your skin through it. It's probably not the kinda foundation you wanna go for if you have a lot of blemishes you want to cover up, I'd say go for it if you have pretty good skin and you'll most probably need your concealer too. It has a medium coverage, smells amazing and feels so light. I do find that it lasts a while, I apply it at 7am and it lasts right through to when I take it off at about 6pm although by that time it does begin to wear off and could do with a touch. I usally touch up around 1-2pm and that helps it going right through till the end of the day. The lady at the Chanel counter gave me a sample of it and said that it was created for the working woman who needs her makeup to be light, to last and to look good. It does all three of those things and I would even wear this on special occasions not just on day to day wear. I have had a lot of compliments wearing this foundation :)

I would say if you're thinking of getting it, try out a sample of it first! I gave it 4 lippies because of the price and the limited shade range. Also I find that the little bit leftover on the back of my hand from initially applying it turns orange as the day goes on. So maybe that's something to bear in mind, it can oxidise! But I haven't noticed anything major on my face. I would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by ymillie

I used to use Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24, but started to notice my skin looking really flat. After trying some samples of the Perfection Lumiere, I finally gave in and purchased the full sized bottle.
It's quite expensive at $55CAD (although Lancome TIU24 is up there at $50CAD) so I expected this to work.
I love the coverage, for me it's about medium-full coverage, not completely matte and it stays quite well without causing me to look too oily in the t-zone. I think by the end of the day it looks even better when my skin gets a bit oilier and creates this glow (not oily glow). It wears for a long time, comparable to Lancome TIU24, but washes off much easier.
I use quite a lot of this foundation because I have to look pretty flawless at work. I use about 1-1.5 pumps in total using a foundation brush then patting with a sponge to create an airbrush finish.
There's no oxidizing (color changing) after wearing it for a long time which is definitely a plus for combination skin. It doesn't cause my pores to look more obvious nor does it make my skin dry (sometimes looks dry around my nose if it starts flaking when it's dry out).

I'm not too happy about the bottle though. I wish it wasn't frosted or the cap was easy to remove so I can see how much I have left inside. Also I wish it wasn't as heavily fragranced, although it does wear off.
I already purchased a 2nd bottle as a backup (yay to hudson bay reward points!)