September 2, 2014 | 1680 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by ewhitelaw

I can't beleive I haven't reviewed this before! I've been wearing it now for a couple of years and won't use any other foundation!

My skin is naturally dry and irritable/sensitive. I have dark circles under my eyes and the occasional red spot.

I find that this foundation covers all of my imperfections without making my face look cakey at all. If i want to cover something up, rather than using concealer I just dab a second coat of this on the spot and it disappears. It's great for using under my eyes because it doesn't settle into fine lines or anything.

I love that this foundation manages to make my face look like it's glowing without being shiney or dewey at all. It also lasts all day without a primer which is awesome. If I'm heading to more humid climates I either use my Hourglass primer or chaffing cream (it genuinely works, but careful if you're got sensitive skin!) and that will keep it in place for 12+ hours.

Finally, my favourite thing about this foundation is that I get a compliment on how nice my skin is at least once a week - and that, to me, makes the price tag totally worthwhile!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 6:29:00 AM More reviews by kimma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have fairly dry skin most of the time, and find I only get a little bit oily at work (in a restaurant), and don't need a powder to control oil or shine (I use a light dusting to set make up). I love this foundation and find that as long as I use a moisturising primer underneath, I don't get any dry patches with this foundation. It lasts all day with a primer, looks really natural and feels great on the skin. I like a more medium coverage look and usually use two small pumps to cover my face, and mostly use the Real Techniques buffing brush or the Sigma F80 flat top. I have been using it for about 4 months now, haven't run out yet.

The best thing for me about this foundation is the colour. I have neutral undertones and have a LOT of trouble with the MAC foundations (too yellow or pink) and most drugstore foundations (same reason), and am very happy with how neutral the colour is. B20 is a really good match for me, and I don't find it oxidises on me at all, despite living in the tropics (Australia) as well as wearing most days for 8+ hours. It's also worth mentioning that my skin is quite good, I suffer from the odd pimple but am not acne prone, and do not have large pores, so this may contribute to the longevity and the way this looks on my skin.

Overall, as happy as I can be with this foundation, and will be repurchasing!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by guccimomma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to try this foundation,as so many failed to work with my oily skin. The only foundation that came close was estee lauder dw. The foundation in its lightest shade is still to dark for me and it oxidizes. After 3 hours my face was yellow and the foundation started coming off. I definitly do not recommend this to anyone with an oily skin. The smell gets to you as well. And the foundation has no staying power. My search for a great foundation continues.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Natinahat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Hate it !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by BeautyRage

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this foundation with my 55N brush from MUFE and so far looked good on me.. I feel this foundation is only good for those with already flawless skin.. so this is my 'good face ' days foundation.. love the light scent.. bought it for $80 so have to love it, lol!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by nadyastwt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I DO LOVE this product. I'm an NC 40 and i use this foundation in beige 4.0. I also have an oily combination skin, and this foundation does a really good job in making my skin matte in at least 6 hours, and after that i just need a little bit of touch up around my nose area which tends to get more oily than the other part of my face!

This foundation makes my skin look flawless and it also covers up my large pores. The fragrance is also the other thing that i really love from this product. The flowery scent smells fresh and it lasts really really long. I was quite surprised at first, that i can still smell the fragrance by the time i wanted to wipe off all my make up at the end of the night.

The other plus thing about this foundation is the packaging is really tough. I dropped it once to my bathroom tile, and i didn't see anything that can make this glass packaging break or something. So this really wowed me.

Overall this is a very good foundation although its a bit pricey, but i still think the quality of this foundation is still worth the price. I definitely would repurchase this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by makeupstuffs

Just when I was loosing all hope on my skin ever looking even remotely ok this arrived in the post. I have the oilest skin ever and large pores. This is definitely not the most matte foundation I have tried so I am very surprised at people finding this so matte. To be honest, this is only a tad more matte than the vitalumiere aqua which is semi-matte. I love the vitalumiere aqua, however due to my really oily skin it just slides off in a few hours. This hasn't got the longest staying power I have ever seen in a foundation and I have tried many. However, the fact I can wear a moderate coverage foundation and not feel it on my skin wins me over with this one. I am someone who would never wear foundation if i din't have to and cannot wait to wash it off when I do. However, with this one I really don't mind keeping it on after work for a while longer. This is by no means a heavy coverage foundation like studiofix liquid or estee lauder double wear which I absolutely hate. But it's great I can get such great coverage and minimised pores without feeling like I am wearing 1kg of make up on my face (double wear emphasised my pores ridiculously and as did ysl teint resist another long-wear foundation). I am B20 in this and vitalumiere aqua, this did not oxidise on me at all in fact the B20 of the vitalumiere aqua appears a tad darker than this. If you want glowy radiant foundation try YSL perfect touch. In my opinion you can't go wrong with Chanel or YSL when it comes to foundation which actually makes your skin look good and healthy not so dull like so many other brands I have tried, just find the right one for your skin type.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Lucinda101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this foundation but I just can't seem to get it to work for me. The bottle looks great and the fragrance is nice, that's about all I could find that I liked about it. I have combination skin that breaks out occasionally and found that this was actually quite drying, also I have the same issue as a previous reviewer in that whilst the foundation gives medium coverage it doesn't seem to hide blemishes at all so I still need quite a lot of foundation. I found the colour range limited for paler skins, I'm about NC15 with yellow tones and the palest shade is still too dark for me and for that reason I definitely wouldn't buy this again. In addition, at £36 I found this too expensive for how well it worked and think that there are better foundations around this price point.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by greengoblin

I have golden/yellow undertones, so I had been using the bobbi brown foundation for oily skin, till one day my mom told me it looked dull on me. And thus began the search for a new foundation! I was matched at the Chanel counter for this foundation for oily skin. Initially it did great! and then as it started to get warmer, I would literally see this foundation slip off my face, oxidize and all sorts of other horrors.

I would definately recommend this for someone with a medium oily skin, not super oily! But they do have good shades for Indian skin tones

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Chanel has been my favourite beauty brand for a few years now and while I feel like the majority of their releases do wow me, this one did not. Its not a bad foundation, there is just absolutely nothing stand out about it. I bought this at a Chanel counter for 55+ tax which I believe comes out to about $63- so a very pricey product but from Chanel, what do you expect? When I went to buy it, I had the sales lady apply it to my whole face and we decided that B12 was definitely the best match which is the same as my HG foundation, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. The foundation comes in a classic Chanel bottle- smoked glass with a really nice black lid with the Chanel logo which is very beautiful and luxurious but not very practical. I find that one full pump of the foundation dispenses enough for a full face of medium coverage. It sets to a demi- matte finish that it very pretty. I have dry skin and I don't find that it accentuates any of my dry spots. I have found a few foundations like this one that seem to offer good coverage but don't actually cover much redness or spots which I find incredibly bizarre and this seems to fall into that boat. When it comes to wear time this definitely isn't fabulous- I start to notice that it doesn't really get oily but it does go patchy after about 6 hours of wear and the only way to remedy that is applying more foundation. I think that it is fine for a night out since I do use it for that purpose and it does fine but for a full day at work this probably isn't going to be your best friend. I don't find this to be a horrible foundation but at $63 you can do so much better. I find that Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous does a better job than this and I got that one for $12 so not very impressive. I feel like this bottle is going to be a huge headache to get through because I lost the receipt and expect superior performance from my foundation on a daily basis and this definitely does not give that. Wouldn't recommend unless you have money to burn.