July 26, 2014 | 1112 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite of all MAC foundations. MAC NC42 and I use 5.0 in matchmaster. Never looks cakey even after building and provides medium coverage. Stays for an entire workday. Would definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by MilenaBR

I apply it with my Real Techniques Buffing brush, from the Core Collection and just finalize it with my fingers, for warmth. I didn't think applying with my fingers from the start worked very well.
I've found the texture very light and easy to blend. The finish is not quite as natural as I would like. I can still see I'm wearing foundation, but I don't think it looks (and I don't feel) cakey. Actually, I think the finish is quite beautiful and radiant, even though it's more matte than satin, definitely not dewy.
For coverage, I'd say medium. It's certainly more than light (and I did apply it lightly), but I could not skip concealer for under-eye area and blemishes. They say it's buildable to full coverage, but at least for me, whenever I've tried to put on a second layer, it felt and looked cakey and heavy.
Color match: I'm around NC30 and I've found shade 2.0 to match me perfectly. I'd think it would be too light or too orangy by looking at it in the bottle, but it truly adapts and matches, as the name says. From other reviews I've seen around, I think shade 3.0 would be too dark, but I haven't tried it.
My skin type is usually combination-normal, but these days it's been a little bit dryer. This foundation has emphasized a few dry patches around my mouth ever so lightly. So, I would recommend you use a good moisturizer before application. If you have dry skin, maybe stay away.
It has a strong chemical smell at first, but it dissipates after a few minutes and I don't feel it at all after that.
Longevity: On a normal day, it lasts about 7-8 hours for me and it disappears gracefully, if you know what I mean, not patchy, not melting. I feel it does control the oil in my t-zone quite well, but I haven't tried it on a very hot, sweaty day. I'll come back and update if I do. (Oh, and I usually set the foundation with my MAC Prep+Prime powder, which might help)
I haven't used it long enough or frequently enough to tell if this foundation would break me out. It hasn't happened so far...
Overall, I really like the Matchmaster. If it were more "invisible" and natural and less expensive, I'd give it 5 lippies.
I don't think I will be repurchasing it, though, for I can find drugstore foundations that are as good or better, for much less. There are so many good drugstore options out there, I think the so-called high-end brands have to really deliver something extra-ordinary.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by cpkgirl1116

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

If your skin is combination/oily with few blemishes/imperfections, I would recommend this product for you! If you're like me who has old acne scars & likes to cover them up w/minimal time in the AM, I dont recommend this for you. The MUA made my face up w/the color #8, recommended this b/c I have combo. skin. I prefer full coverage, yet Matchmaster only offers medium coverage. The most decent results I have gotten w/this foundation is to apply it w/a stippling brush, 2 pumps/applications. Idk y but Im attracted to the smell of this foundation. It kinda leaves me w/an ashen appearance. I really wanna like this cuz its very $$$, but I only wear it when I want to use minimal make up.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by BeautyRage

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The thing with MAC foundations is you can never tell if they are going to break you out or not! Jokes aside, I bought this in 4.0 as 5 looked slightly dark on my NC 40/42 face.

I don't know why but it looks awful on me. I have dry skin and I have been applying it with a flat top brush and it just didn't sit well. Was better with a sponge.. I am going to try it with a flat foundation brush and update this or a damn sponge as seeing this product can have a powdery matt finish.. The MAC artist told me it was suitable for dry skin ( but they would say anything to sell won't they )

I have not returned it yet as I broke out after a week of trying it and would try applying this again to check if this broke me out. Overall I believe its great for those with oily skin.. People with dry skin should stick to other MAC foundations ( face and body or studio fix )

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Lornaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use MAC Matchmaster nearly everyday. It blends into my skin perfectly using a foundation brush and keeps my oily skin at bay. Also, the 'matchmaster' part allows me to keep wearing the same makeup even in the summer as the makeup somehow changes with your skin tone. It is light enough to wear in the summer and heavy enough to wear in the winter, it smells good and the 35ml bottle lasts a good few months. Perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Nice. I am a NC15 and I have oily skin and this foundation seems to control the shine on my T-zone.Creamy,very pigmented and it blends really well into my skin. I use the beauty blender sponge and it looks like I have nothing on my face.HOWEVER,I have noticed that during application there are some flakes (!) going on.Don't know why but it gets flaky sometimes. Do you have any idea what this could be? Please message me .

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by JayMUA

I was on a hunt for the perfect foundation color because Pro Longwear (my favorite formula) is a bit off on color for me. I should be about NC25/30 but closer to 25.

I searched thru every brand for the staying power of Pro Longwear. It lasts all day on me & I have very long full days. but I needed something less ashy in color.

I tried Lancome TIU, ELDW, Stila, Tarte, MUFE HD.

Finally I came back to MAC & tried matchmaster. PERFECT MATCH in number 2! I should have never strayed too far from my usual brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Nene2012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

took it back because this is not for my skin type. I have combination skin but my dry areas are SUPER DRY. after a few days of using matchmaster, I noticed dry patches all over my cheeks, jaw line and forehead. i should have trusted my own instincts and not go along with the SA recommendation. I went into MAC to purchase the Mineralize foundation in the compact form but since it's being phased out in my shades NW50 and NW55 in the summer, the SA told me I needed to try something that will be permanent and that's how I got to buying Matchmaster. I am sure it is a very good product but those girls at the Mac counter need to be better trained about the products they are selling.
this foundation is better suited for oily skin and maybe normal. But beware: if you have any dry areas it will suck the life out of your face.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Chrispy21

I bought the lightest shade and its supposed to match your skin tone. this however does not match the skin tone. It oxidizes badly and i get a major yellow line from the cheek to my neck. I have super fair skin anf this did not work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by QueenofHeartsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation - it glides on easily and is a dream to blend, and the finish has got to be one of the most natural i've ever seen in a foundation. IM IN LOVE. I get oily on my nose and it did show through, so te oilier skins should be preparer to blot/powder once or twice a day. I think it's a small sacrifice for how totally NATURAL this foundation is. I know I keep repeating it but wow. I've tried a lot of foundations and this truly makes me look airbrushed, not painted. Coverage is medium buildable, shade range seems a little on tye yellow side so keep that in mind. Definitely get a tester and try it out, i love this foundation.