November 28, 2014 | 1938 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - BareMinerals foundation #2.3 Medium Beige

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by dwilder56

Awful. The satiny sheen looks unnatural and highlights scars, lines, and pores. The bismuth oxychloride itches in hot weather and and causes painful burning when I perspire.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by lolomakeup84

a friend worked for BE and I bought it to try it out and help her out. I like it. I've been using is for a year now, but when she introduced me to liquid foudation, this product has become my "LAZY DAY" wear, which mean I only use this when I don't feel like wearing makeup. All in all, I will repurchase..

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by jessketcham

I have tried this twice and both times I broke out HORRIBLY. I raely break out and when I do, its only one or two pimples. This was like 5 or 6 HUGE pimples. I love the foundation though, I can really get it to work for my skin and look great..However, I dont want to wear foundation that can cover zits, if it is breaking me out.

Overall, okay product, get it to not make me break out and Ill be a loyal fan!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay I'm not picking on the color. The color seem to match my medium complexion but honestly this Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Powder is not for me. I can't stand dealing with the loose powder mess. When I'm in a hurry trying to get ready in the morning the last thing I want to do is stop and clean up spilled foundation powder. I guess I'm just not skilled enough to apply it quickly without getting it all over the place. I really don't like the packaging. I found that I seemed to waste more than I used. Even when I was super careful I'd go to open the container and powder would be all along the outside rim and threads. I think it's the companies' sneaky little way of making you repurchase it more often. Besides all of that. It made my face look so darn powdery. I felt like an old lady (no offense...I should say elderly lady) Ok I'll stop with the complaining now...it's sounds so negative. Anyway, would I purchase this product again? Not in a Million years...not even if it was the last foundation on earth.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by tr0003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ick, what a nightmare! Made my face an oil slick and I am not oily - I have dry, maturing, Asian skin.

A MESS to use - "tapping the brush" makes it fly all over the place. And where is a mirror to go with the application.

Overrated hype IMHO but I am glad if it works for some.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2009 4:55:00 AM More reviews by cytaormina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well I used this chalk on my face and while it always went on matte, within an hour or two I had the oiliest t-zone. The sparkle in it made my oily t zone an oily disco ball zone. This seems to magnify my pores, they were no longer pores but craters. To compound those issues it would turn quite orangey within a few hours. Hated the powdery mess. Do not be fooled, read BP's Don't Go To The Beauty Counter Without Me and you will learn why this is not good for those with oily skin. The foundation primer is basically junk also, did not help in any way. Their brushes are HORRENDOUS, rough and scratchy. Once you use McEvoy squirrel brushes or MAC, you do get spoiled. Many other lines have cheaper mineral brushes that don't feel like your using a straw broom on your face. I gave up on mineral foundation and discovered MAC and those foundations rocked my world. Within the last 6n months I discovered Lancome's Mineral foundation and had wonderful results. However they don't offer as many color choices as BE. Would I buy this again, the answer is obvious.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by aditswimbug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the makeup I've been the most faithful to over the past 2 years and 10 months (it was actually my very first foundation). What can I say, it goes on easy, is hard to screw up, always gives a bright, smooth, perfecting look, and is a perfect color match. I sweep this on with my Ecotools kabuki (BE brushes irriate my skin) and dab it under my eyes with The Ecotools or BE (synthetic) concealer brush. This is also my go to for "body" makeup, cover blemishes and evening skin on shoulders and chest. It lasts all day, is waterproof, doesn't oxidize or enhance dry flakes on my skin.
The other foundations in my rotation: (Covergirl AquaSmooth in Buff Beige, Boots No. 7 in Light, Clinique superfit in Shell, and Fusion Beauty skin fusion in Light/medium.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by jrbmua

Skin: Very Oily - prone to breakout occasionally - some light post-acne scars which aren't too noticeable
Tone/Color: Asian - more yellow/golden undertones in summer and more on pale side in winter.
Makeup/Skin routine includes Proactiv and I like to keep my makeup simple and quick application.
Length of time using BM medium beige: 2 years (it's time for a review!)
Medium Beige's color - great all year round for me.
Application - I have no probs using the brush - but it's a hassle to touch up through the day for someone like me who prefers a simple routine.
Overall good blend, finish, hides my blemishes fairly (the first 2-3hrs)
HOWEVER *BM does NOT control my SHINE well* - even with the Mineral Veil on top. I get shiny in 3-4 hours. I don't like the idea of putting on more product onto my already oily face. The reapplication stays on for only an hour and I get even MORE shiny after and use blot papers.
As the Proactiv has been working well in clearing up my face - I've stopped using this BM product and started using a TM with SPF (Neutrogena) in my day routine (we'll see how this goes). Now I just use blot papers when I get shiny and actually it's LESS SHINY having stopped using BM. I'm learning through the years that less is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by dstaton123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this, It keep my oily skin matt all day and gives a very natural coverage. Great at keeping spots to a minimum and lovely colours. Don't like the shaker top at all but hey, if that is all that is wrong that is fine by me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by akc5219

As much as I spend on make-up and beauty products I can't believe I had never tried bare escentuals! Oh my goodness, this foundation is HEAVEN SENT! Everything about it is just perfect! I love how it buffs on, I love how you can buff on a little or add layers for more coverage. My skin is freckly but with a sort of medium, combo complexion. It takes a lot to cover and even out the skin on my face. I love how this looks like I'm not wearing anything but all my freckles and blemishes are covered! I love how it turns creamy after being buffed on.... I could go on and on about this stuff! It is a sin to not at least try it.... I can't see one single thing negative to say about it and I can't think of one single other foundation that can compare! HG for sure!! Where have I been all this time??