Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

4.1

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Cichorium Intybus (Chicory) Root Extract, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Propanediol, Triethanolamine, Polyamide-5, Galactoarabinan, Caprylyl Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanediolo, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Acacia Senegal Gum (Acacia Senegal), Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate. +/-May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 7/5/2014 9:10:00 AM

This mascara is amazing with a bit of care in applying it.
People that are complaining that it clumps or that they get 4 thick spider lashes are getting this result because there's too much product on the wand. The tube opening is too wide for the wand and not enough gets scraped off when you take it it out so you need to gently swipe it on a tissue first. Also, the formula is quite wet and very pigmented so there's no need to re-pump the wand for your second eye (just take it out of the tube once, no need to dip back in). This stuff lasts all day, no flakes, no crunchiness, doesn't damage your lashes, looks incredible and is dirt cheap. HG material although I'm still very partial to my Diorshow :)

on 7/3/2014 2:28:00 AM

Better than most mascaras but definitely not HG for me.

I prefer a mixture of spidery lashes (so you notice my eyes from far away) and lush fullness (so it doesn't look like all I did was apply 10 coats of mascara) and this mascara leans a little too much in the spidery category for me. CG Lash Blast is my HG for reference.

It clumps my eyelashes too much for my taste but it definitely makes your eyelashes noticeable. It lengthens more than it gives volume. I can't build it as much as I would like because of its clumping. It's more difficult to remove than most mascaras as well.

For the price though, I would say it is worth it. If you are looking for a budget mascara I would recommend this, but you have to be willing to work with it. I will not repurchase.

I switched. Die hard Voluminous fan for years. These are my end all be all.

Brilliant product! My current favourite mascara. On par with high-end mascaras in terms of the quality but it's much cheaper.

Background: I bought this mascara based on YouTube beauty guru Lauren Curtis' recommendation. I have been using it almost every day for around 2 months.

PROS:
* Very black.
* Doesn't clump lashes together.
* Makes lashes appear longer and thicker.
* Cheap! Bought mine for AUD $16.40 (including shipping) from the Jordana website.

CONS:
* Genuinely can't think of any.

I would highly recommend this product. My previous favourite was Benefit They're Real, but seeing as that costs AUD $38 at Myer, I'm going to stick with Jordana!

on 7/1/2014 7:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Sorry to join the few who were underwhelmed by this mascara. I was looking forward to using it (had to get it via Amazon), but it was disappointing.
On me it smudged, made the curl vanish and was too thick on my lashes plus it pooled at their edges (?!).
Glad it works for a lot of people, but it's not for me. Shame, as it is dirt cheap. But then so is Essence and their mascaras have worked much better for me.

on 7/1/2014 1:46:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I had high hopes for this mascara after reading reviews, but it didn't live up to my expectations. :( The formula is quite gloopy and I found that even after wiping the wand, I still ended up with clumping. Not too bad in terms of smudging during the day, though it definitely isn't smudge-proof. Only pro is that it does a nice job of lengthening lashes, but this isn't a mascara I would bother with again.

on 6/29/2014 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I like this mascara!! I get a lot of nice (built up) volume & length w/ decent separation. It's extremely inexpensive & black enough even for my already black lashes. Can use it for natural looks or dramatic looks. A good basic mascara.
UPDATE: Purchased end of June (2014), now Aug 23-2014 & it's still working great, (tho I've many other mascaras & don't wear it daily), whereas my Full N Soft & Cat Eyes Colossal I purchased around the same time have already dried out. For only $3.30 it certainly lasts a LONG time!

on 6/18/2014 10:10:00 PM

i loove this mascara! it really builds well.. If you are like me and love full spidery lashes it's amazing.. i use quite a bit of coats but I am obsessed with it.

on 6/18/2014 9:40:00 AM

I'm glad this didn't cost me a lot because I'm not going to feel bad throwing it away.
This mascara statred out very nice. The brush is pretty average and it worked well enough. The formula was a little wet, but I don't think that's a bad thing. It applied two coats easily and looked very nice. The volume isn't over the top, but it gave my lashes a nice, MLBB look. Plenty of volume for everyday wear. It looked like a very good, cost effective mascara.

But it didn't last...It gave me the worst case of raccoon eyes I've had in a long time. It was as if all the mascara I applied to my lashes migrated down under my eyes (and I don't even apply mascara to my lower lashes!). I looked like a football player who hadn't slept in a week. And this was no extraordinary day - it wasn't hot, I wasn't sweaty and all I did was go to work.

At this price point, with such a stunning lack of performance, I will just move on without guilt. No need for a second chance.

on 6/17/2014 2:33:00 PM

So I bought this because one of my favorite youtubers, Lauren Curtis, says its just amazing. I honestly have to agree. I have tried anywhere from L.A. girl to Calvin Klein and this is in my top three. (along with Tartes Lights Camera Lashes and Cover girls Clump Crusher) I love this mascara because its a wetter formula than other mascaras I have tried. Because its a wetter formula its much easier to work with and build up. I've found that applying it once gives more of a volumized look, while applying it twice gives off more length. I've seen all of the comments below of people having a hard time removing this mascara, but I have never had a hard time with it. I just use a make up removing wipe and it comes right off. I honestly love this mascara and would totally recommend it.