Prada Candy EDP

3.5

Prada Candy is a new fragrance by Prada to be launched in August 2011. The composition includes an elegant mix of musks in the top, a sensual balsamic vanillic accord of benzoin in the heart and sweet modern caramel in the base of the fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This perfume was recommended to me by a dear friend, who smelled it and instantly thought of me. She brought a sample back for me from the shops, and upon smelling it, I agreed. I myself would have never gravitated towards a perfume called Candy, but upon smelling it I had to buy a bottle!

This is a caramel-y scent, with musky oriental notes, which resonate quite clearly on my skin. I love this perfume for this reason! I find sweet perfumes to be quite vapid, but due its oriental notes, it has a rather appealing vivacious, yet slightly mature charm to it. It is unexpected, and even sensual in some ways. Another good thing about this perfume is that it is heady enough to perform in the winter, and cheerful enough to wear in the summer. However, this is not a long-lasting smell, so be prepared to carry the bottle around in your bag with you.

Despite its charm, I might not buy this perfume again. It's too cute at times for my liking, and I personally prefer a slighly stronger scent. Nonetheless, this is a nice fragrance to have in your perfume selcetion as it is sweet, yet crowd-pleasing perfume with a personality.

on 12/31/2012 2:05:00 PM

I think this scent is very nice, it smells more like a bakery more than candy sweet. Pricey for something that doesn't last long...but I think it's a scent that quickly gets desensitized from the nose when you're wearing it rather than just fading too fast. I spray it on and later (of course without smelling it at all) I would get a compliment on it. If you don't stick your nose up to the "knock-off " versions I recommend you trying it...I found one that the bottle looks the same and smells nearly identical for $5 called Party Candy. Great for everyday wear at work so you keep the expensive stuff for special occasions. :)

on 12/24/2012 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love sweet fragrances and had high hopes on this fragrance as I have loved some fragrances by Prada (non sweet ones) and loved them - unfortunately on me it smelt like burnt/smoky kitchen cleaner - if there is such a things- I know friends who love this scent and it works for them- for me it did not.

on 12/21/2012 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A light pinkish sweet fragrance with incense notes. This has an added powdery edge that I like and my husband dislikes. Sweet, powdery candy with a touch of floral impression, probably from the synthetic musk and powder notes. I rather love it, but we'll see if I end up getting it depending on how much my man really hates it...

on 12/18/2012 10:35:00 PM

LOVEEEEEE this fragrance!

I bought this mainly for the bottle, I never smelt it before.

I just got it in the mail today, and I LOVE IT!

It smells sooooo yummy!

Elegant, but it smells like candy musk sticks!!!!

on 12/12/2012 10:25:00 AM

I bought this perfume because I loved the smell. and then when I sprayed, the scent lasted for 2 hours.
disappointing.

on 12/5/2012 4:07:00 PM

I love sophisticated, rich-smelling scents and wasn't expecting to like a scent called "Candy" - stripper perfume, anyone? - but I did. It smells fun and decadent, with heavy notes of caramel, and drys down into sophistication as if someone had dropped that caramel into a glass of champagne. It may be too delicious for work, but if you want the person next to you to feel like licking you, I'd go with this.

on 12/3/2012 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Finally, a perfume that is true to its name: a real arm candy. Aside from it being the only Prada I can afford, I like that Candy does not pretend to be anything else. I found myself sniffing my wrist the whole time, savoring all the goodness of one of my favorite tastes and scents (caramel), without the guilt.

on 11/24/2012 10:46:00 AM

I love the way this perfume smells. It is sweet and and sophisticated. It is a really happy warm scent. It's staying power could be better but it is definitely one of my favorites.

on 11/22/2012 8:30:00 PM

I think this is the most delicious fragrance I purchased this year. It reminds me of hot caramel sauce on top of a sundae. It's warm, sensual, and grown-up. Perfect for cooler seasons or date nights. My boyfriend thought I smelled like a cupcake!

Popular Fragrances