Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes

3.2

Aqua, paraffin, copernicia cerifera cera/carnauba wax, steareth-20, beeswax, acacia senegal gum, alcohol denat, stearteh-2, cetyl alcohol, potassium cetyl phosphate, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, tdi/trimellitic anhydride copolymer, sodium polymethacrylate, silica, 2-oleamido-1/3-octadecanediol, phenethyl alocohol, nylon 12, disodium edta, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylol glycol, pantehnol, pentylene glycol, polyquaternium-10, sodium dehydroacetate. May contain: CI 77007/ultramarines, CI77491/ CI77499 Iron oxides, mica, d46956/2

Got it as a sample, wasn't too impressed.

Kind of clumpy, heavy, and greasy. Added a fair amount of drama but gave a lot of clumps and it also seemed to weigh down my lashes. Additionally, the bottom mascara seemed to smear.

I've used much better formulas for cheaper.

on 12/22/2012 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If someone were to ask me what company consistently makes the best mascaras on the U.S. market, my answer would almost certainly be Lancome. Having tried this mascara, though, I might think twice about that answer, because this is frankly one of the worst mascaras I have ever tried. CoverGirl Lash Blast has it beat by a mile (or two), along with several other mascaras at various price points, including Lancome's other offerings. I am not so sure just what made this mascara so clumpy from the very first day I opened the tube to the day I threw it away in frustration, but the clump factor made it a true nightmare to deal with...and it wasn't helped by the shape of the brush, which I would describe as a little pine tree (Lancome says it's "cone-shaped"). The brush just doesn't worth well with this overly thick mascara formula, leading to clumps galore. In its defense, I can say that this mascara does not run or flake, and it's a nice dark black. That's where the compliments end.

on 12/16/2012 5:33:00 AM

Overall this is a pretty good mascara. It does what its supposed to - it adds volume, lengthens and curls my lashes to achieve a 'doll-like' appearance. However, I think for the price of the product I was expecting it to have the wow factor, and it doesn't. Although it is a good mascara, I think there are others out there for a fraction of the price which can be used to achieve the same look. For that reason, I would not repurchase this mascara.

on 12/12/2012 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I was looking for a formula that would dramatize lashes and not flake, this was not it. This totally flaked all over my face, i have to look in the mirror every hour to brush them off. It is a really dry formula, making my lashes brittle. My lashes didn't look that dramatized either. Oh, and it clumps!!! For mascara that cost almost thirty bucks...garbage!

on 12/12/2012 7:22:00 AM

I think this masacra is really nice, it doesnt take alot to get the look i want to achieve with Doll eyes, i have quite long lashes anyway and i need more volume. Alot of people say they prefere "drama" however this gives me spider like lashes and i prefer long volumed lashes, but i think its personal preference to be honest.

on 12/9/2012 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

A little background info: My lashes are thin, short, pin-straight, and sparse.

I initially bought this mascara with a biased: the design on the tube looked pretty. The price on the other hand, not so much. I was very wary when I purchased this from Sephora; $31 CAD for mascara?! I had buyers remorse after I walked out of Sephora, but my boyfriend urged me to at least try it out before returning it.

PROS:
- The saleswoman at Sephora instructed that when applying the mascara, to do so in a zigzag motion. This separates your lashes.
- It has a nice scent to it, possibly Lancome's perfume sprayed into the formula?
- The cone-shaped brush is able to reach each lash from one corner to the other.
- The bristles on the wand does NOT clump!
- The mascara retains the curl, and it almost looks as if you're wearing demi lashes.

CONS:
- The price. That is all.

Essentially, if this mascara did not deliver I would have returned this in a heartbeat. But for the price you're paying, this is definitely worth every penny. I would repurchase this, but not anytime soon. I'm using this mascara on special occasions, not for everyday use.

on 11/30/2012 12:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I like the packaging very very much! This is why I bought this mascara. As far as the result is concerned I wasn't excited. It did provide some length and volume but not much. It was an ok mascara but nothing special. I think that it was too expensive for what it offers.

on 11/29/2012 10:00:00 PM

I'm obsessed with getting doll-like lashes so when I saw this mascara on HSN, I could not wait and ran over to Macy's to buy it. It was very disappointing. I didn't expect a full on doll lash because I know you pretty much have to use falsies if you really want that look. However, I thought this would come close and it did not. It's gloppy if you don't use the right technique. When you do use the right technique you get baby fine lashes that are barely there. This mascara is also way too fragrant, just like every other product from Lancome. Why do they insist on everything smelling like roses? I feel like I'm living in the Hunger Games and President Snow is running Lancome. My eyes are very sensitive and the smelliness just made them water. To top it off, after maybe 2 hrs of wearing I experienced major flakiness.
Definitely never buying ever again. I think I'll just have to get some good false eye lashes for that doll look.

BTW, a good alternative is the Balm's Body Builder mascara, lengthens and gives fullness without clumps.

on 11/25/2012 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had high hopes for this mascara. I was so excited to be trying a HE mascara besides my usual UD or Clinique ones. Unfortunately, I have to say this is probably the worst mascara I've ever tried. The only thing that makes it remotely bearable is the wand. The wand alone made me really want to like this mascara. The shape of it helps you to get every lash and not smudge it on your upper or lower eyelids. The formula of this mascara, however, is just atrocious. It's thick, it clumps, it dries to a cakey crust and flakes all over your cheek bones. It's very difficult to work with as it's so thick and goops up and dries really fast. After 3 days of using this, I went to Walmart and purchased NYC's Sky Rise mascara for $1.97 and it was better than Lancome's mascara. Definitely would not repurchase.

on 11/24/2012 7:02:00 PM

I had high hopes for this mascara but it let me down. I have pretty short lashes and i hoped that this product would give me a bit more length. It mostly just made my lashes look dry and cakey and it was a pain to wash off. Not good quality for the price in my opinion. I won't be repurchasing.