August 23, 2014 | 1573 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by kayleebugc

I had high hopes for this mascara but it let me down. I have pretty short lashes and i hoped that this product would give me a bit more length. It mostly just made my lashes look dry and cakey and it was a pain to wash off. Not good quality for the price in my opinion. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a pretty good mascara. Nothing special, but its nice. It gives me separated lashes with some volume.
The problem with this mascara is how it flakes. I get mascara clumps under my eyes by the end of the day. I work long days so the mascara I wear have to be flake-less or else I look super tired and depressed all day :P
Will not repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by sweetbabylace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is definitely not worth $26, imo. It is really great for the lower lashes, but it is kind of dry and does very little to lengthen and add volume to the upper lashes. I'm not even sure why they put it in the Hypnose category. I actually received this as a gift and if I had purchased it, I would have returned it. It isn't the absolute worst mascara I have ever used, but definitely not worth the money or time taken to apply it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried Hypnose Drama a couple years ago and it was one of the worst mascaras I've ever worn, which really put me off of Lancome mascaras. Then a few months ago I tried Definicils, which was also a bust. After trying this one, I'm convinced I should have continued to stay away. It's not like this is as awful as the Hypnose, but it only falls into the mediocre category and doesn't give me anything better than average lashes. My lashes are straight, brown, and long but not especially thick so I prefer volume formulas but do like the whole fluttery long-lashed effect too. This didn't give me any added length, which is fine, but it didn't give me any noticeable volume either. The formula is on the dry side so it layers more easily than a thinner, wet formula but it also seems heavy so that it pulled the curl out within an hour and weighed my lashes down. My biggest problem with this was the tiny little mascara deposits (those awful tiny dried bits or drops) it leaves at the tips of my lashes, something I also noticed with the Hypnose Drama. Some of my lashes were coated normally, others were coated at the base, then it seemed to skip the middle part of the lash, then finished with the mascara blob on the ends.

I do like the shape of the brush as well as the dense placement of the bristles; it really helps with the application and did separate my lashes well (if I wiped the wand off and only did a single light coat). I noticed the fragrance but it didn't seem overly harsh and it didn't bother my eyes at all. No flaking and it washes off easily.

My lashes looked so droopy and coated in an unflattering, inconsistent way. I waited too long to return this but that's the last time I try any mascaras from Lancome.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by MissJenifer

This isn't my favorite of the hypnose line from lancome - I would go with the star mascara because it will give you the same effect using the one side of the brush - and the benefit of the star is that it can also give you a more volumized look when you want it. That being said, if you're only looking for a mascara to give you a really defined lash - this is the one you are looking for! I like to layer my mascara - putting on two or three coats, and I find you can't do that easily with lancome mascaras - As I've said ad nauseum I think they are far too clumpy, regardless I like this mascara and I think it's a good investment if you are looking for strictly defined lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by MacLips123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I loveddd!!!! This product when i bought it
It was the only mascara that went on thick and gave me the spider web lashes how ever this drys out very quick and is very pricey if you even mind spending $10 for drug store mascara i bought it at the lancome store for $30 and yes it was well worth it in order to get the full affect you do have to apply multiple coats...Definitley reccomend for people that have no lashes and want them noticed

Pros:
-Thick
-Nice Portion
-Nice brush

Cons:
-Drys quick
-Has a smell to it
-Pricey

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by yupItsmeAgain

I really like this mascara and for those who say this is one of Lancome's weakest products then i gotta try the other mascaras out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Soffy

Love this mascara! My mum got it as a gift and since I often have problems with smudging mascara I tried it out. Apparently it contains beeswax which helps it stay on my lashes, and I'm very please with how well it lengthens my lashes while separating them. It doesn't really add any special curves like the brush may lead you to believe, but it's a great quality mascara that holds up pretty well and gives you pretty, long lashes. Removing it is not too difficult either (has it in normal).

Only con is that it doesn't give much volume, but I can live with that considering the length it gives.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by marssa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I've used many Lancome mascaras and this has to be the most disappointing one. It lengthens fairly much and thickens little to none. No oomph-effect here. You'll also easily get tarantula lashes if you're not careful with the IMO weird conical brush.
The packaging is beautiful although too "curvy" for my taste.
All in all an ok everyday mascara if you're not looking for the false lashes-look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Lancome is justifiably famous for their mascaras but for me this misses the mark.

The price was about the same as the other Lancome mascaras...mid $30 range in Canada.
The package is a standard black tube with a thick, bushy brush.
The effect was not as unique as I had hoped. It goes on thick and black and does widen out my lashes. Whether that is a 'doll lash' look is debateable. I already have dark, thick lashes, so perhaps the effect is more noticeable on those with thinner lashes.
The formula is very thick and does goop and clump if I am not VERY careful.
I found that this formula flaked by mid afternoon. This is the first time that has happened to me with a mascara! It is annoying and embarrassing and enough of a reason right there for me not to repurchase. But it continues...
Lancome scents many of their products with their signature rose scent. I don't mind it but it is very noticeable in this mascara. Story: I was on Navy training and put this on in a bathroom in a very scent free environment. Some of the guys walked by the bathroom and commented on my 'perfume'. That's how strong the scent is! I don't particularly mind that, but some might.
I think I will go back to my old standy, Hypnose Drama, and leave the Doll Lashes alone.