October 31, 2014 | 1051 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok, so I was put off a little bit by this foundations texture. But, it really is nice. Really great coverage but it doesnt feel like I have lots of product on my face.

I bought this in light, and it matches me well. (Im a nc15) I have applied with my fingers, a flat top brush, and also with my knock off beauty blender (real techniques sponge) all ways it looked wonderful. But my personal fav was with my brush. I plan on repurchasing this off qvc because its the same price ($38) and you g re t the flawless face brush with it!

It gives a flawless look, not too dewy, not too matte. I hate really matte foundations, I feel like they look powdery, cakey, and just fake. So yes, I'd repurchase
pros:
beautiful coverage
Great texture/feel on the skin
really natural look

cons:
pricey

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by PerfumeShoesPolishBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Completely worth every penny! I used this almost every day for six months (1 tube)!!! Not impervious to oily skin but a fabulous, well blending product that is a superb value!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by mayag719

I love this. I first bought the airbrush powder version over the summer, recommended to me buy the sales girl after I did the Sephora color IQ. I needed a little bit lighter color for the winter, so I decided to try the liquid formula (I prefer liquid/creams over powders for the winter). I'm using this now in "Medium Sand", and I love it. I have oily-combination sensitive skin, and it works great. It doesn't break me out and has great staying powder. You should definitely buy the brush that comes with it (or at least use a stippling brush), and you'll be able to get great coverage without using too much at once.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by pinkgirrl12

I work at Ulta so I literally try every foundation there because I'm in search for the perfect one for me, I put it on and it looked great! the texture was great it had no smell and was paraben free which I LOVE. so I bought it. through the day I would touch my face and it would come off.. transfers on clothes and doesn't really last 12hours. of course by the end of the day it was alright i always look dewy or oily which I didn't really like. I had high hopes for it and it didn't pull through. if I don't find a better foundation that looks better then this i would probably buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by sunblair99

Iam not a fan of the price... But it's well worth it!! I have problem skin and the coverage is awesome!! A little goes a long way. I've been using for over a yr now.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by leyash28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far I am really liking this foundation it is full coverage and I have alot of acne scars to cover so when I put this on it gives me that clear complexion look. I use primers underneath, I do have to blot at most twice a day but it stays put from the time I put it on 6:30 am until I wash it off around 8pm. I am using for the winter time right now I hope I can wear it in the summer as well and there is a shade that matches me. I am using light sand right now. I have combination acne prone skin. It's a cream foundation I use a flat headed kabiki brush to apply it and I just stipple it all over my face and down my jaw-line to my neck. Lovin Tarte right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by msimmons0708

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation (I also love the new liquid one that Tarte just released) I love the coverage and finish of this and I do believe there is a trick to it...I tried applying it with a brush...did not work well for me, left a heavy feel and I got oily. So I went old school and applied with my fingers and viola, perfect. Using my fingers made it melt into my skin, I really love this. It is travel friendly and cute packaging and it has a semi matte finish which in a world full of shimmery products it is a refreshing find. I hope they never discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG I don't understand why this product is getting so much hate! If you moisturize, prime properly, and apply correctly (I use a beauty blender) this stuff is amazing. I'm NC20 light olive skin with yellow undertones and the shade light sand matches me perfectly! I have oily skin with a few dry patches in the winter. It leaves a matte finish for sure. I use two dime size squeezes of this and it gives me full coverage just like it claims. I applied it at 10am and it is now 1pm and it still looks great! I hope it stays for 12hrs like it claims. Will be repurchasing. Retails for around $38 at sephora.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by violetwasteland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this product, but I honestly can't stand it. I hate the moussy texture, it never really "dries" even if you set it with powder. Feels like a layer of oil on top of my already oily skin. The coverage is pretty good, but it oxidized on me. It clogged my pores and sunk into the pores around my nose, and accentuated them.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by bowie1995

I wanted so much to love this foundation. I actually sort of did for a while, before my acne flared up. I started using it like right when it came out. I did feel as though it looked a little flaky but I bought their primer and psyched myself into thinking it helped but when I look back at pictures of that time period, I'm like "no. just no". Cons: First of all, the smell is weird and over time, it begins to smell worse and although not unbearable, it's kinda gross when it's hot and you smell it sweating off your face. Second, if you have dry skin run away. Run far away. I cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize as much (and little) as I should and my skin feels fantastic but when you put this on, it looks very flaky and almost like the product is separating and you end up having to apply more to try and make it look even. It's seriously the weirdest thing I've ever seen happen with makeup on my skin, it's like when you look close, the color has settled into any lines, scars, and large pores you have and it's just not cute. Pros: The texture is soft and creamy and doesn't feel very heavy. This foundation works well with sensitive skin so if you get itchy or even break out from a lot of products, this would probably be a safe bet for you although everyone's different. That's the main reason I even looked at this brand but if the makeup looks crappy on you, why would you wear it just because it's "all natural"? That's why I have to continue on my search and leave this in the dust.