Maybelline master drama eyeliner

3.6

Isododecane , PEG/PPG 19/19 Dimethicone , Cyclopentasiloxane , Synthetic Wax , Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene , C20 40 Alcohols , Nylon 12 , Perfluorononyl Dimethicone , Polyglyceryl 4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate , Polyethylene , Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate , Silica , May Contain (+/-): , Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) , Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Ultramarines (CI 77007) , Aluminum Powder (CI 77000) , F.I.L. D46065/2

on 7/17/2012 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have this product in 3 colors: Coal Commander, Sapphire Strength, and Made of Steel. I have had no issues with the twisting mechanisms in any of the 3.
I really like this product. I'm fairly new to eyeliner, and these glide really nicely and last all day.Coal Commander is a great everyday off-black. Sapphire Strength is a vibrant and dramatic deep blue. Made of Steel is an illuminating metallic silver. Sapphire and Steel both get a lot of compliments.
I only wish they sharpened to a bit of a pointier end, but they are still narrow enough to make the small cateye corner I like anyways.
Sapphire Strength slightly irritated my sensitive eyes. I don't use liner on the waterline, so I can't comment on that. :)

I absolutely loved this eyeliner, it glides right onto my water-line and tight-line. However I had some problems with twisting it up so the product would come out. If it wasn't for this one little flaw I would have given it a 5.

on 7/6/2012 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love the look of the black - super dramatic! I always wear liner on my water line, and this product is well suited for that, unfortunately my eye started becoming irritated after a few weeks or so and I couldn't figure out why. I discontinued use after purchasing twice and the irritation went away... too bad, really liked it otherwise! Some smearing with oily eyelids as well.

on 7/2/2012 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Hah, I read the reviews of other ladies complaining of the twist-up pencil not working, and thought they were just really unlucky. I bought one of these in the color brown, excited about the reviews saying the colors of these pencils were great and didn't sting sensitive eyes. Wish I would have had a chance to try it out... it wouldn't twist up! I twisted and twisted in both directions, but it seemed to be stuck. I had to resort to pulling the thing apart and manually pushing the product up, but then it wouldn't go back down, eventually bending and breaking off altogether. It didn't last 2 minutes. Silly me, didn't save the receipt, but thought I'd be generous and give this thing another shot. On my next trip to the drugstore I grabbed another, only to open it and discover IT DIDN'T TWIST EITHER. I twisted away in both directions and got tired of it, putting the cap back on and sitting on my bed, twisting some more and thinking about when I'd get the chance to return the thing... ah, yes, kept my receipt this time. I opened the cap just for fun again and found that as I was twisting it with the cap on, some had actually come out! Too much for using, though, so I tried to twist it back in, but nope, wouldn't budge. I DON'T LIKE PLAYING GAMES WITH MY EYELINERS.

on 7/2/2012 6:57:00 PM

I actually bought this on accident at ULTA when I was looking for the new maybelline pen because I usually like a thin line, so when I got home and realized my mistake I figured I'd hate this, but it's really good! I have it in midnight master which is VERY black,which actually isn't very good for me cause I'm really pale but I know most people prefer a dark black. The formula glides on nicely without tugging at your eyelids and gives a pretty thick line. The only problem with it is that it smudges like crazy and unfortunatly for me thats a deal breaker.

on 7/1/2012 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a review on the color VIBRANT VIOLET. I don't like this! It does stay on my waterline well but the color doesnt go on my waterline easily. I have to run it across a million times to get any pigmentation and I just don't have the patience for that. This also isnt the type of purple I wanted. Its good to line my upper lash line and it stays put and it goes on creamy but something about this color is very hard to show up on my waterline. I will try midnight master in this eyeliner!

on 6/28/2012 1:33:00 AM

This eyeliner is great for the water line and tight line. It glides on pretty effortlessly, even if the water line is a little watery. With other eyeliners that were too waxy and dry I would have to run a Q-tip back and forth on my water line and tight line and it was still hard to get any color pay off. The masterdrama pencil is much creamier and doesn't seem to dry out nearly as bad as other pencils. The lasting power isn't bad but isn't great. My all time favorite pencil, the endless silky eye pen by pixi, dries completely on the waterline and does not budge, where as this one stays creamy and doesn't seem to dry completely. I have to reapply to my waterline after a few hours, which isn't a hassle since its so easy, but if I forget to throw it in my purse before going out I'm pretty much out of luck. But it still has much better lasting power than most pencils. Overall I would definitely recommend this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this eyeliner it stays put on my waterline through out the day. Give it a try you might like it.

on 6/21/2012 1:14:00 PM

Black eyeliner is part of my everyday routine, and having tried several different brands, this is definitely my favorite so far. It's very pigmented and goes on smoothly, there's no drag whatsoever. It seems to set up nicely so it won't smudge too badly throughout the day.
Some of my only complaints would be that, since it is very soft, it smudges a bit when I first put it on. Also, it goes dull very quickly, making it difficult to draw uniform straight lines on my upper lash line. I thought the beauty of this was that I wouldn't need to sharpen it (it's a twist-up pencil), but I've noticed that sometimes it simply WILL NOT twist up!! It doesn't happen every time, but it can get frustrating.
One thing that really impressed me, though, was that after an hour and a half of swimming, I still had a considerable amount of eyeliner on, and it wasn't smudged all over my face. Perhaps I just got lucky, but I was really, really impressed.
Overall, I would definitely buy this eyeliner again. Looking past the quirks with the temperamental twist-up packaging, it really is a great, affordable eyeliner with amazing color payoff.

on 6/20/2012 3:04:00 AM

I wanted to try this eyeliner because I have heard so much about it!! So I tried it and I really liked the fact that it was creamy and easy to work with. I have it in Midnight Master which is the black. It smudges on the water line but I think its because my eyes are really watery. I love it on the top lash line on my lid. The thing I hate most about this product is the packaging! If you twist the product up its a pain to get down so be careful don't twist the product all the way up. It takes me forever trying to work the twister to get the product out. Other than that I love this eyeliner.