November 26, 2014 | 1835 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by catwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Didn't like this at all. Makes my lashes flat, mixture is really clumpy and doesn't last very long. I love benefit but I feel like I've wasted my money with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jmad122

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved this mascara for The first day or so. Then, I developed itchy eyes. It became a horrible allergic reaction. I don't have sensitive eyes, so I'm not sure what the ingredient is, but it was awful!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by spunj

I bought this mascara in the US as it was so much cheaper here and out of the three times I've used it so far I'm far from disappointed. I have very thick black hair but disappointingly fine lashes that grow stick straight and downwards. Most mascaras have very wet and very heavy formulas that weigh them down therefore making it hard for my lashes to hold a curl. I'm also crap at applying false eyelashes and when I do manage to get them on well they look horrible and just... fake.

So I bought the mascara. And I went home, curled my eyelashes and applied it. The other one that I currently use it L'Oreal's Voluminous which was doing a great job so I wanted to see if this one could top it. And it did. The L'Oreal one did weight my lashes down a but but They're Real was so light and I could pile on layers upon layers and my lashes wouldn't look like spider legs. It also had great staying power even in the heat and humidity of Texas and when I checked on it after my first full day of wearing it my eyelashes were as curly as when I first applied it and there was little to no smudging which surprised me as my eyelids are oily and I tend to squeeze my eyes a lot when I blink. This staying power does make it difficult to remove which is why I only gave it 4 out of 5 stars but nonetheless, this product is great. Maybe not for everyone judging by some of the other reviews here but I still do recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by coco2006

I have short thin lashes and this mascara is absolutely the best I have ever used. As you age, your lashes become brittle so I use Loreal Makeup remover and go over the lashes a couple of times and the mascara comes right off. The mascara holds up all day long. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE the effect of this mascara. Thick and fluffy lashes without clumping. The only reason I don't think I would re-purchase is because it's so difficult to take off, no matter what type of makeup remover I use. It's much more tenacious than any other mascara I've used. The rubbery bristles tended to poke my lash line a bit as well. Love the look, but not the entire experience.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by kaicg

In my experience you either love this product or hate it. It's super long-lasting, boosts the lashes like crazy, and the formula's liquidy consistency can be very different for what some people are used to.

You need to get a really good makeup remover, because it wont go on properly with mascara remnants from the day before, and the mascara itself stays on veeeery well.

For me personally, I naturally have long lashes so using this mascara was too dramatic for day-to-day wear. And I'm OCD for mascara removal and "They're real" was extra work to get off.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I so desperately wish that I could love this product. After reading all the hype about it, I decided to go out and purchase a full sized version of it for myself. When I first applied it, I couldn't believe it. My eyelashes looked SO amazing. Thick, long, full, black and clump-free... and it would be perfect... if only it had staying power. When it comes down to it, this mascara smudges and if you live in Southeast Asia where it's hot and humid like me - you're basically screwed. Now I have friends who use this too, and they have no problem with smudging, so I'm not sure if it's just my problem. But for the record, I use primer (urban decay) and setting powder under my eyes. For the benefit of the doubt, I'm giving this 2 stars but will not be repurchasing. Sad though, because I really wanted it to work.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by kymcolaiacovo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was very displeased with this product.I purchased this after hearing all the positive hype. I HAD to have it. it was $30 canadian and although i was half pleased with the brush...i was very upset over the fact that it gives you raccoon eyes. I put it on at 8 am prior to leaving for work and by 10 am it was all under my eyes making me look like a raccoon.Will never ever use this product again.It is not worth the high price they are asking and even if it was given out for free i would never use it again.Save your money ladies this product sucks

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by ilikenicestuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works like it says it does. You're lashes must be CLEAN. Any remnants of other mascara or lash product and it won't work properly. Also, like any other mascara, it works best after 1-2 weeks of dedicated use when the formula has been allowed to reach it's density premium. Lasts all day, takes a bit of work to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by BeautybyVictoria

I purchased this mascara thinking it would be something extraordinary, Unfortunately, I was wrong this mascara doesn't do much wonders it clumps my eyelashes when I removeit, I'll have rashes form on my eyelids and under my eyes because the product is really harsh, almost seems like waterproof it dries really quick when your applying it onto your lashes you can't really built much volume not what I expected Definitely will not re-purchase this item again.