November 27, 2014 | 1699 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Chantellouise93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara on a whim when I'd run out of my usual. A friend swears by is as Tanya Burr is her walking talking makeup bible, and also loves this product..
But I hate it, and I'll tell you why. Yes, it was great for the first three weeks, the formula was nice and worked well. However, it by no means gives you a look remotely similar to false lashes. And after those few weeks the formula was quickly drying up, left flakes on my cheeks and became useless. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Junkie1

While I really dislike the "Falsies" (regular one) and "Falsies Black Drama" they both do nothing for my lashes just like the misnamed "Great Lash" mascara from Maybelline, I really really LOVE The Falsies Flared. I bought it because it was on special for $5.99 and I was pleasantly suprised. It gives great volume, some length (but I prefer volume) and it does not clump, so great definition too. Okay towards the end of the 3 months I do get "mascara dandruff" on my lower lid but not a lot and not enough so that I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to like it but then I switched. I used to get dramatic but flaky lashes. I used this today, bought a new tube. Don't remember the formula being this dry last time but this stuff was awful. Dry and brittle and not dramatic. It just looked bad. I'm convinced this is a bad tube but it flaked a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by clemmmentine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I know that a lot of people don't like this mascara, but it's worked really well for me. The brush is a bit of a different shape from the originally Falsies, and I think it's more effective for my purposes. I love the flared look, and this does it perfectly. It does not really create a false eyelash effect, but it is volumizing, and I find this one to be less prone to clumping than the original Falsies. I also have not had problems with flaking, although I know a lot of people have. My eyelashes are naturally long, so this product does a great job of accentuating them and creating the flared effect that I like. It does smell a bit odd, but I'm used to that by now.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Kf1127

This is a good mascara, but since i am in middle school, I wouldn't like my lashes so sky high. It's a dry formula so it works on short or long lashes. Although it wouldn't really do anything to a guy in my class. He looks like he's wearing false lashes! Anyways I got this mascara for about $7-8 at Walmart (CAD). And that's not a bad price. I wouldn't buy this mascara again because again I don't like big lashes. For school I just like natural lashes (I recommend mega plush by Maybelline) or clear mascara. I use one from essence. It makes it look like I'm wearing black mascara but I'm not. And it's obviously looks more natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Rebecca1234

Best mascara ever! Makes my lashes look SOOO long and they really aren't that long at all. I don't have any complaints with this. No flaking or panda eyes, stays put all day long, great price. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by irene0710

So far this product is pretty good, i love the length it gives but it clumps up way to much especially at the ends. I like mascara's that give you a long natural look but this product shows, it's obvious you packed on layers of mascara even if you didn't.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by rebeccaaxoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely loved this mascara when I first got it as it gave me great length and volume, but after what didn't seem long it started to flake horribly on me! Right after I applied it I would have to take a tissue and rub off all the little black specks of mascara and I'd be constantly paranoid and wiping under my eyes all day in case I had more flaking. It's a great mascara I just wish it lasted longer before it started to flake.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Itsallascam

Okay so I bought this mascara on a whim because although I know no mascara will truly give me a false lash effect the name did intrigue me. The package is similar to the covergirl lashblast mascaras which in my opinion look a little cheap. The brush consists of a scooped brush presumably ment to give you the flared look but in my experience don't work any better then a straight brush. The bristles were the regular soft type which now that I have tried the hard silicone type bristled mascara I tend to steer clear of due to the fact that they aren't very good at combing out lashes, and this mascara was no exception. The first coat provided your run of the mill natural mascara look, the second coat provided a bit more volume but if your like me and put up to 3 coats of mascara of on forget it. By the 2nd coat the bristles wouldn't go through my lashes properly whether or not I waited for the mascara to dry between coats and unsightly clumping developed. I found my lashes a bit dry and as the day went on and I noticed a small amount of flaking. Unless you were a preteen trying out mascara for the first time I wouldn't recommend this mascara as it doesn't give much drama at all to my lashes. I'm still on my search for my HG mascara (Which I later found in l'oreals voluminous million lashes mascara in the waterproof version. Highly recommended.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Couldn't get this to work for me at all. The formula was too wet when applying, so it clumped and smudged everywhere. Once it was dry it made my lashes look very spidery and stuck together, and after a few hours of wear it started flaking in my eyes. I didn't like the brush, either.