October 24, 2014 | 1832 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by opal12345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very very oily skin and break out quite frequently. Every other cleanser I'd tried just made things worse. I've tried clean n clear, neutrogena, avon, all sorts of stuff. But within a couple days of using this cleanser, my break outs started going away. I was getting fewer and fewer pimples using this in the morning and at night. Now my skin is nearly clear! I love this stuff! Can't live without it.

This is THE BEST cleanser I've ever used.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Sunbabe684

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think you either love Aveeno or you don't. I don't. I started using the face wash and day lotion in college because all my friends were, and they all really liked it. I don't typically have acne, but Aveeno anything will make me break out in a matter of hours. Try it if you're curious, but if it's been a few weeks and you don't like your skin know that you're not alone!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by NQseraphina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I quite like this cleanser. It smells slightly strong, but then again, a lot of cleansers that promise to treat your acne have that slight chemical-y smell. I like the consistency of it, and after using it twice a day for a few months ago, I have noticed my skin has been behaving much better compared to before (I'd get the occasional break-out with 3-4 big pimples dotted around my face or multiple patches of smaller dots). My complexion seems a lot more even, and my skin feels nice and soft after I clean my face. It stung a little bit the very time I used it but has since subsided after my skin has adjusted to the salicylic acid (only 0.5% in this cleanser). As far as cleansers go, this one does its job. I would re-purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by lilkrnxangel420

I switched to this first from Proactive that I had used for over 8 years. Although Proactive cleared out my skin and made it very soft, I broke out a lot all over my face two weeks before my period, so I had two weeks of clear skin every month. Then I switched to the body shop which broke me out SOOOO BAD! it left me scars. Then I switched to this. It cleared my skin SO WELL! and I didn't break out as much before my period. I love this foaming cleanser and will purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by perandshan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this cleanser years ago and liked it. then I went on and tried many mid-high end cleansers. i thought they were Okay. I decided to save $$ and bought Aveeno Clear Complexion again.
To my surprise it still works great! the rich&smooth foam makes it fun to cleanse and I even like the scent ( normally I don't care for AVEENO's scent ) . My skin is left squeaky clean, bright and soft. I follow with toner and moisturizer, as with all cleansers.
I prefer this cleanser over Shiseido, Clinique, Clarins, Murad, Philosophy, and Fresh. I am currently also using "Caudalie instant foaming cleanser" which is similar and very pleasant but it doesn't make my skin as bright and soft as Aveeno. I figured it is the salicylic acid doing its trick? i dont have acne but love the cleanser.
I can understand that some find it to be drying. My opinion is that you can follow with a gentle toner, and go for a nice moisturizer/serum. When it comes to cleansing this one certainly gets the job done.
Besides, the price is right. $6.49 plus tax.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by soapandglory93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really despise this cleanser. I bought this because I thought it was natural and gentle. Boy, was I wrong.

I used it a couple times, and it broke me out right away. I had people ask me if I was having an allergic reaction - it looked so bad, apparently they didn't think of acne.

It went away after a little more than a week, because I stopped using it right away. I will never purchase this, nor reccomend it. I think I'll stick to my Lush cleanser - it's a lot more gentle, and I KNOW that it's fresh and organic. Better luck next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by chelle2269

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This was my first face wash that I used years ago. It was good because it made my skin brighter and dried my pimples making it smaller. But it also make my skin dry too. I'm not going to buy this anymore because now I found another face wash that was recommended by my facialist.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Smashley005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have never found anything that works on my sensitive yet acne prone and oily skin...until I found this. I love the smell, the feel of my skin after I use it, and most of all - the fact that it has tremendously helped my breakouts! I still get occassional breakouts, but that usually only happens once a month now. I use in the evening before I go to bed and couldnt be happier.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by NaturallyCate

I used this cleanser a couple of years ago when my skin was looking great. For some reason i just came back to it this summer when my skin started having issues again. now, my skin is very fickle, so sometimes certain things work for it, and other times they dont. I briefly used this a few months ago when i was having some acne breakouts but it didnt do much at all for me. About a week ago, however, i purchased the olay pro skin brush. Since my other cleansers weren't doing much to help with this strange clogged pore breakout i've had for the last few months, i thought maybe this cleanser would work better on my new brush. besides, i had nothing to lose. i was so frustrated with my skin. and i was right! I have been using it for the past week, so not very long, but i've already noticed some improvement in my skin. my pores, which have gotten huge with this annoying breakout, have already begun to shrink (i was afraid they might be stuck that way forever :P). also, any bumps or spots that i've had are beginning to gradually lessen. At the same time, however, i have had a few new SMALL zits popping up. But i definitely prefer this to the gross, bumpy clogged pores that i've been having. I think/hope its just my pores cleaning themselves out. Also, i've noticed i'm just a little sensitive to this, and it can make my skin a bit red at night when i really give my face a thorough cleansing. I think its just because i haven't used something with salicylic acid in a while (dont be worried, this is only 0.5%). But
that being said, i wake up with great looking skin! i think its just the acid doing its thing, and its still pretty mild. Overall, this is a decent cleanser when used with your hands, but a great cleanser when used on a skin brush! My pores are thanking me and i think the soy-extracts it contains, help soothe the skin (despite the SA) and seem to be helping my skin tone even out as well. Not sure if that has anything to do with the soy, maybe its BS, haha, but its working for me and i'll keep using to see if things keep improving.

P.S. In terms of packaging and cleanser texture, this is foam like it says. i like the pump packaging, but the pump on mine seems to almost always get stuck after i press it down, which is pretty annoying considering i usually use 2 or 3 pumps. But i can deal with it--just have to pull it up again after each pump. Its probably just a glitchy bottle. ;) My luck. Oh, and remembering back to a couple of years ago, i think the reason i stopped buying it was because it didnt last very long. using it day and night, i went through it pretty fast. i think its because its a foam, not a gel. so i dont use as sparingly... we'll see this time around.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by HLC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily, acne-prone skin and used to use Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash - Redness Soothing (green) 2x/day, but it became too harsh for me (maybe at 32 my skin is becoming more fragile? Or could be the other acne products i use . . .). I tried this Aveeno product b/c I wanted something geared toward acne/oily skin, but gentler than my Neutrogena - something I could use in the AM while continuing to use Neutrogena in the PM. I like that the active ingredient is 0.5% salicylic acid, whereas Neutrogena contains 2.0%. The Aveeno product feels like it cleans my skin thoroughly, yet gently - it still feels soft, not stripped. I've been using it for about two months, and I plan to continue. However, I do feel like I need the stronger formulation of the Neutrogena product 1x/day to help keep breakouts at bay.