Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 1/19/2012 11:45:00 PM

This stuff worked at first, but then my skin became so dry it was painful. And it made my skin hot, even though there were only a few pimples left (cleared some acne) but I couldn't bare the pain anymore. I would have rather had pimples than a firey red sandpaper face.

on 1/15/2012 3:35:00 PM

I got this cleanser for my slightly oily/ slightly dry skin. I have oil on my T-zone and temples. Blackheads are a problem for my nose. When I first used it, it worked well. It's a light foaming product with a pleasant scent. After awhile, it began to make me break out and make my skin dry. I gave it to my friend to try. She has very oily skin and breaks out on her forehead. Her skin was beet red and hot to the touch! I would not buy this again.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have sensitive skin that, if I bombard my skin with too many medicated products, it FREAKS OUT & i end up with WAYY more acne & stressed skin than to begin with. Let me just say that now. I use this cleanser every other day since it is medicated & it definitely just feels nice on my skin. I enjoy foaming cleansers just because of the lightness & texture & how it feels like it really gets my skin clean. his stuff is gentle enough that it doesn't stress my skin out. Does leave my skin a BIT dry, but then again, nearly everything leaves my skin dry, haha. While this is not my main cleanser for day & night, it definitely helps to have on hand for times when my skin's not doing so well. Not sure if I'll repurchase just because my acne's been going away. But def worth a go for us sensitive, acne prone gals:) Aveeno is great at soothing & using natural ingredients & they don't animal test:)

on 1/4/2012 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this as my morning cleanser. I love this stuff! I wouldn't say it's more harsh than the Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser (my nighttime cleanser), but I can definitely feel that it's not as calming. My face feels firm after I use it, not as dramatically as other cleansers might though. All I need are 2 pumps and I'm good to go. Controls my oil for at least 3 hours, which is a huge deal for my skin. Keeps acne at bay.

on 12/28/2011 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was a pretty good product for me. It didn't make me break-out which is a major plus but it didn't help with my pimples much so I took off one lippy. I've used this for 6 months but then switched to Kiehl's and then did some research and realized Aveeno does animal testing and that took off another lippy. Overall, it was a good product but I will definitely not be repurchasing because I don't support animal testing.

The best face wash I have ever used! I have acne-prone skin, mainly with cystic acne and a field of blackheads (how fortunate) which leaves my skin red and blotchy. This is the only face wash that I can use and not feel the need to put on foundation/tinted moisturizer. It smells amazing, makes my skin feel like velvet! It doesn't provoke a break, or create build up. I love, love this! I have been through many face washes, but this is my go to! The lotion is amazing as well, I follow it up every time. This is the base of my skin, but i also exfoliate twice a week and use a benzoyl peroxide cream layer once a week as well.

I would be DEVASTATED if this was discontinued.

I love, love, love this cleanser. I have sensitive skin with a mix of oily and dry patches. This cleanser prevents breakouts from my oily spots and is gentle on my non-oily spots. I have never had to worry about it drying my skin (except for when I started using the lotion with the cleanser.. that was too much for my skin to handle). However, this product overall completely helps prevent breakouts and leaves the rest of my skin feeling clean!

on 10/15/2011 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very very oily skin and break out quite frequently. Every other cleanser I'd tried just made things worse. I've tried clean n clear, neutrogena, avon, all sorts of stuff. But within a couple days of using this cleanser, my break outs started going away. I was getting fewer and fewer pimples using this in the morning and at night. Now my skin is nearly clear! I love this stuff! Can't live without it.

This is THE BEST cleanser I've ever used.

on 10/6/2011 8:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I think you either love Aveeno or you don't. I don't. I started using the face wash and day lotion in college because all my friends were, and they all really liked it. I don't typically have acne, but Aveeno anything will make me break out in a matter of hours. Try it if you're curious, but if it's been a few weeks and you don't like your skin know that you're not alone!

on 10/3/2011 1:54:00 AM

I quite like this cleanser. It smells slightly strong, but then again, a lot of cleansers that promise to treat your acne have that slight chemical-y smell. I like the consistency of it, and after using it twice a day for a few months ago, I have noticed my skin has been behaving much better compared to before (I'd get the occasional break-out with 3-4 big pimples dotted around my face or multiple patches of smaller dots). My complexion seems a lot more even, and my skin feels nice and soft after I clean my face. It stung a little bit the very time I used it but has since subsided after my skin has adjusted to the salicylic acid (only 0.5% in this cleanser). As far as cleansers go, this one does its job. I would re-purchase it.