Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

on 5/18/2013 1:23:00 AM

I've tried many other moisturisers, but I always seem to come back to this one. I wouldn't say this moisturisers particularly good. It's just a reliable, basic one that does what it's meant to do. It makes my face a bit shiny though.
I used to use this on my body as well, but I've found that the formula wasn't thick abd moisturising enough.

on 5/12/2013 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have heard and read so much positive reviews on this loion, so I bought one from Priceline here in Sydney.

It would be an excellent hoice for dry skin....
But to oily/combo/sensitive skin it's a little too thick and too dewy.
It feels like it will clog my pores... It has helped me as it stayed gentle, however not the very best cream for my skin...

I now use it as a body moisturiser...
And have switched to Olay - which is similar to cetaphil but much more lighter and feels like its getting absorbed into the skin rather than staying on skin like cetaphil...

Would buy it again for body...

on 5/10/2013 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to like this product because I use the cleanser from the same brand.

I have acne-prone skin and I bought this because it's non-comedogenic and I hoped it wouldn't break me out.

It was very hydrating, but definitely broke me out. I put a tiny amount on my face before bed and in the morning my skin was very, very greasy, and I had a number a new pimples.

I'm now using it as a moisturiser for my body and it does leave my skin very soft, but I wouldn't recommend it for your face if you have acne-prone skin!

on 4/26/2013 8:36:00 PM

I love this moisturizer!! I've been suffer cystic acne for almost a year and this moisturizer works so well. Before applying this, i use 5% benzoyl perioxide, let it dry and apply cetaphil moisturizer. And now, my face looks clearer than before and no flaking, redness or itching as it's side effect by applying benzoyl peroxide. Great product! 👍

on 4/26/2013 1:30:00 AM

What would I do without this product... seriously it has been my skincare staple for about 5 years. I use it twice a day, morning and night. Mostly anything that touches my face breaks me out, and this never has. My ONLY negative thing to say is that you have to let it sit for like 10-15 minutes before applying makeup, cause the makeup just sits and gets splotchy on your skin if you apply too quickly, but who knows, maybe that's the same with any moisturizer. I think it's nice and thin, scentless (a lot of products claim to be scentless but this ACTUALLY is) and overall improves the appearance of my skin. I wouldn't dream of switching moisturizers!

on 4/25/2013 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Greasy and just plain awful. I do not why anyone would wanna use this on their face.

on 4/23/2013 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Loved it at first as it completely smoothed my skin out and got rid of all flakes from using tea tree oil + Nicotinamide gel for my acne but after 4 days of use my skin broke out all around my chin, around the lip, above the lip, on my jaw and my cheeks, even where I don't usually break out :(

I think it's due to the Cetearyl Alcohol + Ceteareth 20 which are comedogenic :(

My pores also got really clogged.

Good product but not suitable for me. I know it's fine for lots of people though.

on 4/21/2013 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am a definite fan. Cetaphil is so popular for sensitive skin chicks like me and there is a reason for that. It is a relatively thin consistency I think and a little goes a long way. A full pump is way too much so be light handed when pushing down. It feels really good and moisturizing and has pretty much no scent which is great for the face. I have Rosacea and this lotion doesn't irritate my skin or give me redness at all. I bought my friend with bad acne the face wash and she loves it so its for all types of skin issues I feel. BUY

on 4/19/2013 8:14:00 PM

Cetaphil lotion is my year round plan B moisturizer. I first got it about 4 years ago because my dermatologist recommended it highly. I give it a weak 4 because although it moisturizes well and has not irritated my skin, I really don't like using products with enough glycerin to be noticeable. I find this product is between a summer lotion and a winter cream, so I can use it year round if my current plan A moisturizer fails me, or I run out. It is one of very few creams that I have not developed a reaction to over time as I have very sensitive skin with moderate dermatitis. I prefer this lotion to Cetaphil's thicker cream in the jar. The cream feels a tad too oily on my t-zone. Because of the cheap price for the large quantity I definitely recommend the cream for bathroom cabinet duty when you run out of your favourite cream, and it's great for arms and legs after your shower as well.

on 4/17/2013 4:25:00 PM

I started off using this on my face, but got fed up because it broke me out on my cheeks. However, I then took the advice of some previous reviewers and tried it as a body lotion. Success! It's a lovely body moisturiser. Unscented (thank goodness), nice and moisturising without being too greasy, and really easy to apply from the squeezy bottle. I think I'll actually repurchase this to use on my body.