Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

this moisturizer is one of my favs, its light, fragrance free, non comedogenic, and non irritating, this moisturizer gives the skin a dewy look(I am not a big fan of the dewy look)
its sold quite cheap for how much product you get compared to other drugstore moisturizer, and it last forever(I have had mine for over 7 months)
I do recommend this product and try it out with cetaphll's gentle skin cleanser

on 7/15/2013 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am ok with the fact that moisturizers should be unscented and smell a little gross. I've gotten over that.
However this moisturizer felt awful. When applied my skin was matte, I really don't care about that; I like shiny, clear skin.
Within 10 mins of application my face was sweating. There was this disgusting, waxy feeling to my skin. Luckily I purchased the travel size.
This stuff is lame.
***UPDATE*** I still do not use this on my face. However it's because I am so *duh* sometimes I realized after I read the ingredients that it was formulated much the same way a body lotion is. It's freaking body lotion! Anyway, I started using it on my body and its the best Ive used so far!

on 7/15/2013 10:16:00 AM

Try to avoid using it as a facial moisturizer. I've been using it for a few weeks in pea sized amounts, and it leaves my face with enough oil to grease down a frying pan. It's become a lot oilier especially since it is summer. This is better for dry areas (in winter) on your body.

on 7/4/2013 5:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is really good for relieving dry skin. My brother who has eczema uses this all the time and it really helps. I use this once in a while and it really helps the dry patches on my skin go away. I keep a mini bottle with me in my purse or locker since my hands are always dry and this is definitely a must have for me. It is scent free so if your really sensitive I highly recommend this for you.

on 7/2/2013 12:52:00 PM

This product rocks! It tames my flakes and dry patches! Its soooo amazing! I love this product! For $10 at walmart, you get sooooooo much product! It definitely worth it! 👌

on 6/30/2013 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't use this in the normal typical way. My skin is EXTREMELY oily. Within 30 mins of washing my face, it will be glowing with oil everywhere, not just my t-zone but my entire face. So I do not use a moisturizer, I do not use anything really. But I do need something to remove my make up, and normal make up removers or oil cleansers tend to break me out terribly. So I use this as a make up remover and sometimes body lotion in the winter. It's actually really wonderful as a make up remover. I just get 1-3 pumps on my fingertips, rub it on my dry face and rinse it off with water. After that I go in with my normal cleanser. My skin feels great afterwards, clean and balanced. I was using face wipes before this which was quite a waste because I would need 1-2 wipes and I'd never been able to find one that didn't irritate my skin at least slightly. This is much more efficient and effective.

on 6/17/2013 5:08:00 AM

A good quality, standard moisturiser. I have sensitive skin and it has never been irritating. I find it a little heavy for the oilier areas of my skin and after using it in the morning I often have a layer of grease over my forehead, nose and cheeks by midday. I use it to counteract the drying effects of benzoyl peroxide acne treatment for which it works very effectively.

It also tastes nice if you accidently get some in your mouth when applying to the face. I like that about a skincare product. I'll also use it for my lips or on a tissue as an eye-makeup remover when there's nothing else available.

on 6/11/2013 11:55:00 AM

A basic product but does the job its intended to. Smell is nothing special but it works.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first product review ever! Just felt i needed to review this moisturizer. My story: I decided to tackle my acne and started a benzoyl peroxide and tea tree oil regimen. So my acne is gone, (for the first time since my teenage years) but i was left with EXTREMELY dry and flaking skin. Wrinkles started to appear due to the dryness. It was horrible. I tried a number of expensive creams and facial serums (mario badescu, weleda, sukin etc etc) They moisturized for a little while but my skin quickly became dry again during the day. Also did a lot of homemade masks, honey yoghurt, oatmeal, etc. They helped, but only so much..

My boyfriend bought a bottle of Cetaphil lotion since he ran out of his old moisturizer and simply bought it because it was on sale. I decided to try it out just for the heck of it before bedtime. When I woke up the next morning I hardly recognized my skin. Plump, dewy and flakiness pretty much gone instantly. I kept using it for the next days and it COMPLETELY changed my skin. It's now so soft and dewy, calm, and even my hyperpigmentation seems faded. I know people don't like the list of ingredients, but honestly, NOTHING has done such an amazing job at moisturizing my skin. All those organic products just aren't strong enough. So Cetaphil lotion is now at HG STATUS!

on 6/8/2013 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

For the 1 litre bottle, the cost is around $20 AUD. I bought this lotion with the intention to just use it as a body moisturiser. For a very basic lotion, it does a good job. I apply it every night after my shower and after several uses, my skin felt noticeably softer. Using this combined with regular body exfoliation definitely helps to maintain soft and smooth skin. Some people may find it to be slightly tacky on the skin, like it hasn't fully absorbed, but since I apply it at night, it doesn't really bother me. There was one night though, that my brother touched my neck and was like, "why are you sweating? Didn't you just have a shower?" So yeah.. tacky feeling lotion and a younger brother probably isn't the best pairing!

My mistake with this lotion though was trying it on my face. What was I thinking?! For reference, I have oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin. My skin is also EXTREMELY prone to clogged pores. I thought that it'd be wonderful and so convenient if I could use the same inexpensive, simple moisturiser on my face and body. I tried it one night and the next morning awoke to skin that was oiler than usual and a couple of new spots on my cheek/chin area. The clarity of my skin didn't look too crash hot either. After testing it out a few more times on random nights just to be sure, I've concluded that even as a night cream, this is not good for oily skin, especially if it's acne-prone. However, depending on your skin type, some people will like it for face and body. My friend has dry, sensitive skin and this works great as an all-in-one moisturiser.

I'm still rating this product highly because as a body lotion, it's very good and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants something inexpensive to use daily.

Popular Moisturizers