October 31, 2014 | 1112 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Cheddar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely my favorite perfume. It is spicy and vanilla-y ("oriental," I suppose), but not food-ish. It is a very strong perfume, and I guess it's kind of sexy smelling, but I like my cosmetics dramatic. I have been wearing this on and off for years, and always go back to it. I get tons of compliments when I wear it, and I've had people latch on and huff me because they love it so much! This would 100% be a rating of "5" if it weren't so expensive. I'm also annoyed that they no longer carry it at my local Macy's....last time I had to order it from Sephora.com and it leaked a little =/

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by cashmerelover

I purchased this by accident, looking for the EDT, which to me smells quite differently. I do like it though, I have somewhat oily skin, and am layering it with the Dior Addict Shiny body lotion (if that is what it is called), and it stays for the whole day. It smells spicy and conforting, a good winter perfume. I love spraying perfume on and then putting my cashmere sweater on, it keeps the fragrance in, and I can smell it underneath my cowl neck whenever I need a hint of comfort.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by egyptgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very sexy! This has been one of my signature scents for years. Perfect for a night out, although may be just a tad too spicy for the office.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOOOoooOOOooooOOOVE it... but I gotta let ya'll know (sorry Dior), that this is a CLONE of XOXO Heartbeat, a cheap dimestore perfume. Or, rather, XOXO is a clone of Dior. If you can't bring yourself to spend the bucks, which i finally did, and am going to keep my cheap-o Heartbeat in my car for touch-ups, get this inexpensive scent. It's not just me, check fragrantica.com, you will see others feel the same way!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by SatanicaMurder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Definite HG of mine, one of the only perfumes that I like. Every time I wear it, at least one person asks what I'm wearing and they always think it smells good. I started out wearing just the body lotion (at the time I couldnt afford the bottle) and I've been through 2 bottles since that time and now on my 3rd-my sweet boyfriend bought me the larger bottle last year. I was really depressed when I thought I had lost it, alas I recently discovered it again a few months ago-*phew*! I like to switch off between this and B&BW's "Twilight Woods". I definitely love woodsy, heavier scents although its hard to get away with them during the hot AZ summer months.
Its really funny that my friends have associated me with this perfume, saying it smells like me.

The scent lasts for a long time, and yes it does smell very strong when first applied-not for the faint of heart, I think you definitely need to have the right amount of confidence to wear this. Heck even if you dont, the scent gives you confidence & will attract people to you. Je t'aime Dior Addict! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

You need self-confidence and sassiness to wear this. It's a strong perfume, obviously assertive and attention requiring from other people so it may not be suited for school or office. For what it's meant to be - Je l'aime! It boosts up self-confidence and relieves stress, perfect for a party or a cocktail or even a sassy first date if you feel like it.
But if you feel like more on the delicate side you will not like this perfume. This is a perfume for YOU, represents you - it's very easy to be perceived since it's obviously sweet but not in an old-lady way, more of in the cool girl way - and unless you love it and you are willing to let it represent you maybe you should step away from it.
It's a love it or ditch it kind of fragrance, with a personality of its own, you just have to happen to mould on it at a particular time to enjoy wearing it. It truly requires a certain mood.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 6:13:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

I used to love this perfume, it became a little too strong for me and I now prefer more subtle scents..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Smells divine. I love the scent of vanilla so it was so obvious that IŽll fall in love with thisone. Very sweet and sexy fragrance, but not to heavy so wont get bored of it. BUT, and this is why I unfortunatelly had to give it a bad mark: it caused irritations to my skin. It was very itchy and there were a lot of small bums where I put the perfume on (neck, wrist joints) and it took them about 4 days to desappear. So pity I canŽt wear this, because it truely smells magnificent :/

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Sianreya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ultimate HG. Absoloutely love.

Very vanillic with deep spicy oriental undertowns.

This is definitely a winter scent on me as the perfume reacts with my skin and turns it into a very 'hot' smell.

I agree that only one squirt is needed. However on me Addict seems to get lost. Three heavy squirts and I can get into the elevator at work and my workmates can't tell I'm wearing perfume. I have taken to spraying it on my clothes instead, and then I only need one little spray and it lasts all day long.

A beautiful, beautiful scent. highly reccomended

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Fyankevich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Typically, I only tend to wear perfume oils because they stay closer to the skin, and I find them to be less overwhelming to others; however, I'm willing to make an exception for Dior's Addict. Addict and Hypnotic Poison are the only EDP's that I own. This is definitely my favorite eau de parfum!
This is the perfume that I wear when I'm going out, feeling confident, and I want to smell sexy. I find this perfume to be very spicy, peppery, and almost incense like on my skin. I wouldn't describe this scent as sweet or gourmand. This is definitely not a scent that I would dare to wear during the day or in the hot summer months. It should be used in moderation and in the proper circumstances. A single spritz in the air and a walk through will do.
When I wear Dior Addict the words "risk" and "sex" come to mind. This is a dangerous and mysterious scent that you should wear a push up bra with.