October 1, 2014 | 1679 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Well in Canada bourjois can only be found in selected shoppers drug mart and they're super expensive compared to the prices in the UK - almost about $30 CDN. But I really wanted to try them and I'm glad I did. This foundation didn't oxidize on my skin and gave me great medium coverage. It didn't break me out and it had a nice scent. It was a nice consistency and it was easy to apply with my fingers. This is one of my most favourite drugstore foundation line for sure. But I think I like the bourjois 10 hour sleep foundation more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE:
So I just finished using the regular Healthy Mix, and I have to say for my particular skin type (dry to combo), I prefer the Serum version a lot more. The regular is a just a tiny bit more matte and sat on my skin a bit, but not in a horrible way. It doesn't look cakey unless on a bad day when my skin is crazy dry and flaky, but generally looked pretty good. I just like the satin, glowy look that the serum gives me. I would say if your skin is on the drier side, definitely go for the serum one. If your skin is oily to combo, go for the regular as the serum one can make your skin dewy over time (unless you like that look). As for the coverage, I felt that they weren't too different. The regular covers just a LITTLE bit more, but is not as layerable as the serum one.
-----

I really liked this foundation. I used the whole bottle, and I just ordered the regular healthy mix because asos.com is out of stock on this serum one. I am looking forward to using the regular healthy mix as well, and will update this review comparing the two.

This serum one is like a liquidy gel, and goes on and blends into the skin very very easily and nicely. I don't use brushes or sponges to apply makeup and I found that this one blends nicely with fingers too. What I do with foundations generally is rub my fingers together to heat them, pump some foundation onto my fingertips, rub them again so they spread and heat/melt, and rub rub rub into the face in circular motions starting out from the center of my face.

I found the yellowyness(?) helps very well with concealing the redness around my nose without needing extra concealer on top. Coverage is light, but buildable. I love the super natural satin finish that is neither matte or dewy, but I would say it leans towards dewy, especially during summertime. My skin is not oily at all, but this foundation makes me look a little bit shiny around the t-zone after a few hours. But it's more like very well-moisturized skin look, which I like, so I do not powder. The lasting power is not so great; it probably lasted about 4~5 hours on my skin during the summer. But if you were to reapply on top, it never looks cakey which is a huge plus.

Overall, I think it's a great foundation given the price point. ASOS sometimes has 30% off certain beauty products and carry Bourjois products, and it's free ship + return, so those of you living in the US should definitely check it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by yekateryna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best foundation! Great quality, perfect coverage. Definite must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm very happy with this foundation. It looks natural, has a good colour selection, smells great, doesn't transfer, and it's cheap! Coverage is medium to light, and finishing it's more to the matte side, though not very matte - it just looks natural. About the smell, usually I prefer makeup without any smell, but this is an exception because it's sooo good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by strawberrymelons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation. I'm NC 15/20 and in Bourjois I am in the shade 51. My skin is very neutral and this foundation runs a bit yellow but it looks fine once I blend it into the neck. I've had it for three years now and every time I forget about it and come back to it I fall in love all over again. For the girls who don't need much coverage this is the perfect foundation, it makes the skin so healthy looking hence it's name. In the winter my skin is a bit dry and this foundation can enhance that a bit if the face is not moisturized so be aware if your skin is super dry. Other than that I LOVE this foundation and would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by sarah2495

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have very sensitive, very dehydrated skin, not dry but easily looks flaky with makeup. and occasional breakouts(due to skin sensitivity) and some acne scars/discoloration.

I like this but i dont love it. This is actually much more like a tinted moisturizer. the coverage is very light. it doesnt cover any scars or discoloration. if you have pimples that are red then this will not cover it. I have a natural tan skin tone and neutral undertone and i had trouble finding the right shade. i paid about $30 CAD with tax at shoppers drug mart.

it kind of give a little bit of a dewy look. which i love. the first day i wore this my friends complimented me on my skin/makeup they said my skin looks better. i was surprised because at the time, my skin was horrible.
I might repurchase this in future , but its not something that i would run straight the store for if i ran out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

I've been using this foundation (or tinted moistruizer as I would rather call it), for 2 month and I absolutely LOVE IT!

It covers my skin enough, but I still need to go over with a concealer to cover blemishes and dark circles, like I also would with a normal foudation. The finish is really natural, not to matt or dewy. PERFECT for everyday use (school, work, etc.)

However the lasting power isn't truly amazing. When I get home from school my face doesn't look as good as when I got out of the door in the morning. But for me, it is not really a problem. If you use a good primer underneath, I'm sure it would help.

- The colour selection is OK, of course it would be nice with some more shades. I currently use the lightest shade, and even tho it's pretty pale, it doesn't have so many pink undertones. For me that's a good thing, since my skin is more yellow-ish but pale.

I WOULD REPURCHASE AND RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS A NATURAL LIGHT-MEDIUM COVERAGE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

Wow, I will have to say that I've ignored my MAC and UD Naked foundations for this ever since I've gotten it. It performs so well for how cheap it is! Let me cover the bases.

Color match: I am NC30 at the moment, going lighter. 53 is a spot on match. It's also YELLOW, THANK THE LORD. I usually detest high street/drugstore because of the awful lack of yellow tones. While it isn't exactly super-yellow like I find NARS Stromboli/MUFE HD120 to be, it is still yellow enough to look natural and blends in with my natural tone.

Coverage: I would say medium. All red spots, light broken veins, and other non-severe skin problems are covered. However, it doesn't seem to cover pores completely, which I appreciate because it lends a very natural skin-like finish. I do have to go in with a concealer for any zits (obviously) but it does cover my red mole. It would probably be a light medium if I use my BB. I have clear skin until mother nature visits, but otherwise no skin problems.

Finish: Dewey satin. It's more dewy than a true satin finish, but it's not greasing up. I do blot around my nose and powder.

Weartime: A full day and it fades very beautifully. It doesn't highlight flakes (very important to me especially around my nose area) and doesn't slide around or transfer (also important to me and my white dress shirts!)

Smells great.

Price: I got it on ASOS (free shipping) for about 12 bucks total. Very reasonable, considering how it's beating out my 30 dollar foundations. I would say you could compare it to any high priced foundation and it would be similar if not better. Honestly, you have nothing to lose with this one.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by cure90

After spending literally hundreds of dollars on high end foundations (Bobbi brown, Clinique, Estée Lauder, Yves saint Laurent...) I cannot BELIEVE that I settled for a "cheap" drug store one. And when I say settled... I mean I finally found my perfect foundation for a fraction of the cost. My skin is sensitive, and can break out easily if it's irritated. I have an oily t-zone, and very dry cheeks (almost flaking). I am also very pale. I have mild acne-scarring from a horrible acne break out period last year. This foundation is a god send. It beats all the other "expensive" foundations and I think every single lady should have one. I have the Bourjois Healthy Mix as well to use when I need slightly more coverage, or when I'm going out. But for every day use, especially for work, this is PERFECT. You can't see it, which is a big plus for me. You can hardly feel it.. Yet.. Your skin is somehow .... BETTER. The redness is gone, acne-scarring is blurred (not completely covered), dark areas are brightened... There's a lovely glow to your skin. Although I have an oily t-zone, I find that as long as I put some translucent powder over the top, I will have absolutely no issues whatsoever. I find my oily areas do shine a bit later in the day, but not that terrible greasy shine that looks like you haven't washed your face in a month.. More like that lovely "I just had a professional facial" shine that clean healthy skin has. The colour range isn't extensive but I think anyone can find a match with this range. I can use 51 and 52 with almost identical results. The colours are definitely yellow based - which I never thought I could pull off - but it seems that a yellow based foundation cancels all the redness out which gives you that beautiful evenness to your skin tone which actually matches my neck/chest much better than a pink based foundation. All in all, VERY happy with this discovery. I boast about it to every woman I meet. It really is some sort of liquid miracle. I'm going to have to buy some extra bottles just incase, god forbid, this amazing product is discontinued...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by hottamales

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is in my makeup bag, and I alternate with a tinted moisturiser some days. It's an absolute staple - beautifully natural-looking (looks great in daylight), perfectly photogenic, dewy finish, long lasting (about 8 hours for me) and easy to pop on with your fingers for a quick application on the go. I'm about a MAC NC20 and wear shade 52 Vanilla, colour match is perfect - most people think I've got no makeup on. Price is affordable - I got it on sale from Priceline for $24. I've tried the original Healthy Mix and don't like it as much, most likely because I have very dry skin and find that the Healthy Mix serum just sits better and appears much more radiant and dewy than the original. Totally recommend for a light coverage for dry skin!