October 1, 2014 | 1849 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Angel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Linny09

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love with Angel perfume. I have smelled this on others over the years, I can pick it out in a crowd. So, this year for Christmas my boyfriend bought me the Parfume, love it!! I dont understand the bad reviews that I have seen, maybe its chemistry with each individual person. Words can not secribe this amazing goumand scent. Its sultry, sexy, addicting, and so much more. It has layers of delectable notes. I am a huge fan of goumand scents, anything with vanilla is a winner in my book. Not a fan of smelling like a flower. I cant get enough of Angel. The dry down of this scent is amazing, even teh next day, long lasting a little goes a long way. This will be one of my signature acents right up there with Hypnotic and Light Blue.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by maleajou

I never owned this perfume, but several friends did. I really wished, that I liked it, because the flacon/bottle is really awsome, but I just cant stand the scent. It smells very artificial, strong and just..bad!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I LOVE this perfume. I cannot really decribe it in the way I'd like to, because its quite hard to describe. I can see it not being to everyone's taste, but to me it is just incredible. You only need a small amount and you can smell it like you've sprayed half a bottle on yourself! I think maybe some people don't like it because perfume reacts and smells differently once on the skin, so its all down to the chemicals on your skin or whatever as to how it will actually smell. But I have never heard anything but positive comments when I wear it, as I work in retail I have customers saying 'you smell amazing, what is it?' etc. So if you like a strong, fairly indescribable scent, then this is definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Codeblue

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My husband, Mr. Blue, went all pinched face when I came home one day after squirting some of this stuff on from a perfume sample bar at Nordstrom's. I sometimes tend to overdose when trying out a new scent, and this was one of those days. His comment was "WHAT are you WEARING? Ugh!" Later, I got a sniff of it while stuffing laundry in the washer, my first reaction was "Mmmmmm...." My second reaction was "Well, to heck with him. I love this stuff and I'm gonna wear it. It's awfulness can't possibly compete with his clothes after he gets home from a successful round of trout fishing." So off I went to eBay and snagged myself a bottle. I've found the secret (like with so many other heavy duty scents) is to use it lightly. Very lightly. Mr. Blue eventually ate his words after I transferred some to a rollon applicator and only applied a small swish. Ahhh, better.
Trouble is, I get whiffs of it on the train to work. In Walgreen's. In Safeway. At the race tracks. In Vegas. At the theatre. From women walking their dogs. Undaunted, I love it anyway and wear it despite the fact that I've always taken the path of being one of those who listens to a distant drummer and hates jumping into the rat pack of the mediocre. This juice is definitely NOT mediocre although does seem to have many perfumistas who hate it. Well, girlies, maybe you just put too much of it on. Any scent will go nasty if you opt for overkill, and this one can pack quite a whallop.

It's particularly agreeable with my chemistry during the winter months, although I truly never know just when I'll get a yen for it. I've found that if I apply a non-scented lotion on my neck and chest (where I apply perfume) after my shower and shampoo, it softens the scent of even the raunchiest of perfumes after the lotion has absorbed into my skin. (I prefer Body Time's sea aloe moisturizer since it goes on light and stays that way.) Not quite sure why unless it supplements the body's natural oils, but it works for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by cdm22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This fragrance is my all time favorite.
For years I had worn the usual (Estée Lauder, Chanel, Dior etc..). One day I decided to try a new perfume, finding this one, which I thought had a very original and particular smell. Ever since I've worn it, people compliment me and ask me what I'm wearing... Even men!!
I agree with the other reviews that Angel has a strong smell but you just have to wear only a little bit and let it blend in your skin.
I'm proud to say this is my signature perfume :)
Original, witty, and lasts the whole day (from personal experience, very rare with a lot of perfumes...). Go and try it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by scryingsmoke

Beautiful, complex scent. When worn, I never been told anything other than 'you smell amazing'. I believe that some people just cannot appreciate it, or their sense of smell is not developed enough. This does not smell like chemicals or BO at all. *scratches head*

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by lblasucci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing Angel for fifteen years and receive nothing but compliments. A lot of people think it is too strong and over powering. It isn’t, you just need to know how much to use. 2 small squirts and walk into it or one healthy squirt and walk into it. You also need to give it a little time to settle (about 30 - 45 minutes.) Get a sample from the fragrance counter and give it a try…it really is a beautiful. Sometimes, I will do 2 small squirts of Angel followed by a small squirt of Alien. (People, even strangers will ask me what I am wearing; I don’t want to give away my secret so I make something up…)

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Paigeluvs35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sorry Thierry Mugler, this is the absolute worst fragrance. It is cloying, overbearing and harsh. There is nothing even remotely appealing about this fragrance. I wore this as a youth but am embarased to have done so. I am sure I lose several boyfriends due to this stench!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Way too much patchouli scent in this for my taste. Overall it's a good quality fragrance that lasts a really long time on your skin. Even after showering I could still smell this stuff on me. (Good if you like the smell...bad if you don't) I actually tried to use water and dab it off my neck the first time I used it because it was too strong. My boyfriend thought it smelled like pumpkin spice or pie for some reason but it smelled like my grandma's perfume to me. Glad I only had a small sample bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Haley_Comet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Far too strong..far too masculine...kinda smells like fresh christmas tree.