Maybelline One-by-One, Waterproof [DISCONTINUED]

on 10/6/2012 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product!! its great i have uncurled eyelashes and so i dont really need the volume because i curl my lashes! but other then that this product is amazing!! it actually does coat the lashes one by one!! very happy!! will will defiantly be buying this product again!!

on 10/2/2012 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the red and blue colour of the tube! The reason I use waterproof mascaras is because I am a contact lens wearer and they tend to flake less. This mascara is waterproof but not too waterproof to the point where it is hard to get off with make-up remover. It comes of easily and leaves my lashes pretty soft (for a waterproof mascara) during the day. It really does define every lash and the rubber bristles grab on so well to my lashes! I just love how the bristles are long and not stubby. It works really well on my lower lashes too. Usually, I coat my lashes with a layer of of Maybelline Great Lash (the one with the green and pink tube is Great Lash right?) and then go over with One by One which separtes and lengthens each lash so nicely. But I do use just One by One on many days too.

I am very impressed and will forever be repurchasing this item! My favourite Maybelline mascara so far. Ugh, I just hate how drugstore mascaras are mostly $20+ here in NZ. I got One by One at a makeup sale - darn, should've bought like ten more tubes while they were on sale!

I was impressed when I bought this mascara. I liked how the brush was rubbery, and the amount of bristles were too many to count!

It truly does live up to it's name, coating each lash. Of course, it doesn't make your lashes look like in the ad, seeming the models have fake eyelashes or 'Lash Dramatisisation', but it is still wonderful.

I would buy this again, but I found it dries up rather quick after 4 or 5 months, so you will have to repurchase if you love it.

I would buy it again for a fact! :)

on 9/24/2012 9:34:00 PM

My favorite mascara ever! This is the best mascara out there if your lashes are short and don't stay curled for a long time. I have short, asian lashes so they don't stay curled very long and have very little volume. I've tried a lot of mascaras and they only make my lashes droop. This is the best mascara I've tried by far, it doesn't clump and it holds the curl! My lashes are actually visable when I put this on. Only bad thing is that it's a bit hard to remove.

on 9/16/2012 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I came back to this after I became dissatisfied with L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes (was giving me spider lashes and flaking into my eye). Love this stuff!!!! Why did I ever stray? First of all, the price is so reasonable compared to other drugstore mascaras (since when did it become ok to start charging about $10 a pop??), second, it really delivers on what it promises. Two coats gives me lashes that are dramatic, yet appropriate for daytime and the color of blackest black is truly very rich and super dark. I love how fluttery and thickened my lashes look after a couple coats and this waterproof formula holds a curl for my stubborn, stick straight lashes like no other I've seen. LOVE! HG status. It's always a relief to find a go-to product, especially for a mascara---auditioning new mascaras is a pain.

UPDATE: Recent downgrade---L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lash has replaced this as my new fave. I recently switched mascaras as much for a change as well as to see if there was anything out there that delivered in volume and length. See my review :)

on 8/20/2012 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

This mascara is good, but not spectacular for me. It does not clump, the brush is fantastic and delivers volume, but it does not lengthen. I will go back to Maybelline's the falsies black drama for more length.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Good color, nice applicator but if flakes after 4 hours

on 8/18/2012 1:44:00 PM

I love this mascara, it's the most waterproof one I know of. It lengthens my lashes but doesn't give much volume, which is exactly why I love it. It's around 8 which is more than I usually pay for mascara but it's worth it, even though I usually get this with my Boots Advantage Card points.

It's quite hard to remove so I always end up with bits of it under my eyes in the morning no matter how long I spend removing it. Maybe I just need a better eye makeup remover.

on 8/11/2012 4:24:00 PM

Definitely one of the better mascaras I've bought! It really lengthens my lashes and it never clumps. The formula's really dry though, and it feels dry on my lashes. But overall, my lashes look great and I would definitely buy again.

on 8/11/2012 7:04:00 AM

I absolutely love this mascara. Ive tried many mascaras (i have ginger eyelashes which must be covered!) and this is by far the best. It is quite a dry formula but i find that this makes it easier to pile on extra layers for volume and length. I always get compliments when i wear this mascara and im forever recommending it.