April 18, 2014 | 1211 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by lovenall

I am using third bottle of this product and I am going to buy it again this runs out. It leaves my skin clean and smooth. It gets rid of zits too. It is not harsh at all. Yes, if you have some scars on your face, it might sting a little bit. But that's because the salt ingredient is disinfecting the area - which actually makes the healing process goes faster. I sometimes use this on my body too. My body feels soft afterwards as well. Some people might not like a little bit of burning sensation during application. But personally, to me it is not a bad feeling at all - it feels like deep cleansing. I have dry skin. As far as I put some moisturizer later, it doesn't dry out my skin at all. Excellent exfoliator.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by butchesa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love, love, LOVE this exfoliater. It smells like the ocean and margaritas and feels incredible on my skin. If you have incredibly sensitive skin this may not be for you, but I don't find it to be harsh at all. When you open the container the sea salt component is on top of the base, so make sure to mix it up with your finger before you apply it the first time. That said, I wouldn't recommend using it more than once or twice a week.

This leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft and refreshed. It also has an excellent shelf life for a Lush product, so it's one of the few items I would say are worth sizing up on if you're going to be working through it on your own. Using this with Mask of Magnamity once a week has made such a HUGE difference in my skin, and I can't recommend them enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by allthatglittersxox

I loooove this facial scrub. This was one of the first products I got from lush. AMAZING. I had read reviews where people have said 'this is too harsh on my skin' which I have to completely disagree with! It's perfect and feels lovely and my skin feels as soft as a babys bum afterwords.

As for the smell, its smells like an alcoholic cocktail which you would have on holiday. Refreshing, and reminds you of holiday and your face feels squeeky clean!

Overall, I LOVE THIS! DEFINATELY WORTH THE MONEY.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by meganterese

This is my go to exfoliator. It;s too expensive for me to use it on my body, but I use it on my face about once a week. It helps keep my skin clear, soft and free of dry patches. I absolutely love the smell! Using a small amount (quarter size or less) once a week makes the larger size pot last me the whole year. Definitely worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by CaraSusan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a week, since my regular face scrub was discontinued, and now I wonder why I hadn't been using it all along!

I had some dry skin around my nose, and after two uses the skin was as smooth as the rest of my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by vionnalee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first thing people seems to say about this product is that it is too harsh because of all the salt granules in the tub.

My advice is to rub gently- take the teeniest bit, maybe the size of half a grape and place them on your fingertips. Do not place them on your palm and rub them together before scrubbing your face, you do not want this stuff to get into your eyes.

The salt bits may be very harsh, but the avocado butter In this is very moisturizing. Really does leave my skin soft and smooth.

However, this scrub does NOT do anything for Blackheads, the granules are too chunky to get that deep into your pores. Kiehl's has a dermabrasion one that works better for black/whiteheads.

EDIT: This stuff PISSES YOUR SKIN OFF BIG TIME.

I am serious. I stopped using this for a bit, and then a couple of nights ago I saw it sitting there all sad and lonely so I decided to give my face a good scrub with this and what a bad mistake.

Honestly, you can just feel how harsh/gentle your scrub is by putting moisturizer on right after that- if it stings, your scrub is too harsh or you're using too much pressure, and I swear- this stuff is sooooo harsh for your skin and I wasn't even using a lot of product/pressure!

It might feel soft and smooth in the shower, but not when you're out. Also, this left me with red splotchy skin for close to 2 days now- which I am trying to nurse with my 8 hour cream. BADDDD.

Stick with something gentler that has both manual AND chemical exfoliants like the St Ives instead. Removing 2 stars because now I have to use makeup to cover up the redness (although this does give me a lot of insight when it comes to which concealers work)- BUT. NOT THE POINT.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Kiwiblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wanted to love this, smells devine, looks pretty, cleans face reasonably well. Made my skin very red and sore after using, just too harsh for face I think. Also made me very oily. Will use up on body but too expensive to buy for a body scrub.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

black lush pot with 100 g of product for $20.95AUD. $30AUD for the 200g.
can be used on face and body.
this is one of the lush products that i can actually see a difference when i use it. it smells like vodka and lime and feels so nice when you use it. the vodka kinda stings my sentitive nose and cheeks sometimes.
the little salt bits really exfoliate gently though the big rock salts hurt abit. i cant get enough using it, its so fun to use.
it makes my face feel soft and doesnt leave a residue after your washed it off. the cream is slightly moisturising and doesnt feel like how soaps and other scrubs can feel stripping and hurtful.
i willkeep buying this product. it also has a good shelf life of a year after the production date.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Whend1212

I really felt a difference after using this scrub. My face felt so unbelievably soft and squeaky clean. I love the citrus smell too. It's a pretty abrasive scrub though, as the salt granules are quite big, so you have to rub gently and be careful around acne and definitely needs a moisterizer after. I don't like the pot that it comes in. I use the scrub in the shower and water gets in it. I'd prefer it to come in a more hygenic tube form.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of LUSH's best sellers (It actually may be #1 but I can't remember off the top of my head) and for good reason! This stuff is STELLAR.

For one thing, it smells like the beach and alcoholic beverages I am still a few years away from enjoying xD it smells like salt, lime, and a strong vodka kick to it!

If you have REALLY sensitive skin I would be weary of this products. It contains both coarse and fine sea salt that could be a bit to abrasive on more sensitive skin types. I live in the Pacific Northwest and I spend a lot of time in the very salty ocean, and this made my skin a bit pink after using it the first time. However, as you get used to it it results in a very refreshing feeling afterwards, like spending a weekend at the beach! I use this at night in the shower and in the morning my skin feels smoother and much more even!

I would suggest this product to just about anyone but as will all LUSH products, grab a sample first! LUSH is super generous with their samples an will happily send you home with some Ocean Salt.

However, if you do end up not liking it LUSH is super good about returns both with and without receipts. Of you have a receipt they will give you all of your money back, even if the products has been used. And if you don't have a receipt they will happily let to exchange it for anything of the same value in the store.

UPDATE: I still love this product, so very much. BUT I have recently bought a Clarisonic and am planning to mostly use the rest of my giant tub on my legs when I shave since I think the Clarisonic does a better job at exfoliating. I will finish the tub but do not plan to repurchase. (It's also friggin expensive for something you could definitely make at home for a quarter of the price, sea salt isn't exactly rare xD)