LUSH Ocean Salt

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis), Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Stearic Acid, Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Triethanolamine, Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Glycerine, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This stuff is very abrasive. It smells great, however! I used it as a body scrub, rather than a facial exfoliator. I guess I'd buy it again, but honestly you could probably make your own salt scrub at home with essential oils for a lot cheaper!

on 9/15/2013 8:55:00 PM

I initially loved this. However I got a burning rash above my lips and it took me forever to realize this was what was causing it. I do not have sensitive skin and the rest of my face was fine. Ugh, I really wanted to love this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm absolutely in love with this product. It's a tad but pricey but it's so worth it and a little goes a long way so it really makes up for the price. It smells great and it's a really pretty blue color. It contains fine sea salt and coarse sea salt which really helps for exfoliation and it cleans well. Sea salt is superb for acne because it rids of bacteria (the stuff in your zits). Sea salt has great healing properties which is why this product is so good. This product was a perfect match for me. I don't have super oily skin but I use this about twice a week and sometimes even more. I mainly use it in the shower or before bedtime and it really cleans up well. My skin adjusted to it so quickly and it really did wonders. It took away all my pesky blackheads and helped get rid of all my blemishes. Not only did it get rid of most of the blemishes I stress over, but it made my skin very soft and added a nice glow to it. This product is definitely one of my favorites and I recommend it to everyone. :)

~a tip for those who say this product is too harsh: BE GENTLE WITH YOUR SKIN AND DON'T SCRUB YOUR FACE HARD. YOU WILL ONLY IRRITATE YOUR SKIN MORE~

This is not for wimps. I adore this product. A must for waking up after a long night. it makes my skin glow and smells like the sea. if you have a texture issue this is great for evening you out. They will sample this for you. GIVE IT A TRY! you won't be disappointed.

on 9/10/2013 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love a good rough exfoliant but this is ridiculous, it literally feels like I'm rubbing sharp stones all over my face. My face was irritated and dry after using this, I was so disappointed because I really wanted to love this product. I've also tried using it as a body exfoliant but it's too rough even for that, not to mention this is not what it's advertised as, I wouldn't recommend this, I probably won't finish it and I wouldn't repurchase.

on 9/8/2013 8:43:00 PM

I am on my second large pot of this, and this is the third time that I have purchased Ocean Salt. This is one of my all time favorite products from LUSH and as long as it is being made, and as long as I continue to use it and run out, I will repurchase.

I adore everything about this scrub. The smell is heavenly. The color is beautiful. I use it as a body scrub every other time that I am in the shower (because I like to use Buffy occasionally and recently bought Rub Rub Rub and Turkish Delight to try out) and I swear that my skin has never been so soft. This scrub is not harsh in the least bit, in fact, I find the exfoliating particles to be perfect and rather soothing. Compared to Rub Rub Rub (which smells like laundry detergent and is really runny) Ocean Salt takes the cake. I also use it on my face while I am in the shower during the day since I typically exfoliate using Philosophy's Microdelivery Wash at night twice a week (once I run out of this, I will not repurchase since I like the results and feel of Ocean Salt more so I'm just trying to use this huge bottle up now)

For the price (35.95 USD for the large 8.8 ouncfe pot), this is not that expensive for being a multi-purpose scrub that lasts quite a while since you do not need to use that much to get a great scrub.

on 9/7/2013 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Okay, I've been hooked on Philosophy's MicroDelivery Peel for years.It's pricey but I liked it. I tried a salt scrub years and years ago but it burned my face and I never looked back. I read the reviews on this, I hesitated because it is a salt scrub and I have sensitive skin. I bought it anyway and so glad I did. I was worried when I read the description online because it does have both large and small salt crystals. I thought the large ones would tear through my skin. It does not. It is actually less abrading than what i had been using yet exfoliates so much better. It's not drying at all, it's not harsh, it didn't irritate my skin and the price compared to what I had been paying? Ounce for ounce....this is so, so inexpensive compared to what I was using and you need less product!. LOVE IT and the price is fantastic!

on 9/2/2013 2:00:00 PM

LOVE! I bought this as soon as I got back from the beach and realised the sea had almost completely dried up my spots. I use this every night as a makeup remover and it removes it better than oil cleansers I've used in the past. It has got chunky pieces of salt but as long as you don't proper mash it in to your face it works perfectly! My skin is the smoothest its ever been and I haven't found it at all drying. I have acne-prone skin and its helped keep spots at bay, while still being gentle on remaining ones (I haven't found it stings like other have).
Just go gentle with it and I guarantee you will love this beachy treat!

on 8/30/2013 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I can only comment on this as far as a body exfoliator because there was no way this was going on my face. I have sensitive skin and I just couldn't use this because I could feel it stinging by just looking at it. That said, as a body exfoliator, this is heavenly. It smells like a summer beach cocktail. I was a little confused when I opened it up to find really coarse salt on top and then moisturising goodness at the bottom, but it obviously needs a little stir and you're good to go. I would buy this again but it's reasonably pricey and more of a summer purchase for me, so I will look at it down the track - not an immediate repurchase for me. Smells great, does the job on the body and if you can use it on your face I'd call it a bargain!

on 8/16/2013 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I use this (along with the LUSH Cupcake Mask), and I'm a huge fan. I found after use it clears up any minor blemishes and leaves me with a dewy look. Plus, it smells like the beach. Which is a huge bonus.

I would recommend this to anyone with combo/oily skin in a heartbeat.