October 30, 2014 | 1680 users online

Fragrances - Origins - Ginger Essence

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2005 10:08:00 AM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smell is somewhat nauseating. The price is terrible, considering Avon sells a scent just like it and the Body Shop sells Zinzibar which is spicy and less chemical smelling. This is definitely not a fresh smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2005 3:13:00 PM More reviews by fragrance_fanatic

I just got a bottle of this. It's VERY nice! It's a very unique spring/summer fragrance. It's not perfumey in the least bit. It's fresh, citrusy and a little spicy. If I had to give a description of what it smells like, to me it smells like a mix of perfumed spicy froot loops with gingerale. There is just a little bit of a harsh spiciness at the beginning, but it quickly dies down and it's easy to get used to. The dry-down is even better than the initial spray most definitely! I recommend this if you like citrusy scents and something not too heavy or perfumey.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2005 3:24:00 AM More reviews by danielle104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sensational! I love this too...the citrus gives it a fresh, clean scent...the ginger gives it a bit of a kick...it's fabulous. Perfect for work or going out...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2005 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Its a great scent..but I don't get a WOW factor when I smell it...It is the perfect amount of heaviness for a perfume. Not too heavy where the scent follows you around. But not too light where it disappears. It took me a while to get used to it b/c i didn't like it at first...I still don't completely love it though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2005 12:13:00 AM More reviews by smellslikeleaves

Strong, spicy ginger with a bit of lemon. Very true to the smell when you slice the root (more so than the smell of ginger ale, IMO). It's one of those fresh, invigorating, wake-you-up scents. I find it to be unisex, clean, and completely lacking in personality. Perhaps that could be a good thing--it's not likely to offend anyone. In any case, although I love ginger in food, I'm not a big fan of it in fragrance (particularly on its own). What I would really love, actually, is a fragrance that evokes ginger ice cream (which you can find in the Chinatown Ice Cream Factory in New York City's Chinatown). There's something about the sweet creaminess of the ice cream with the spicyness of ginger which is incredibly addicting. Maybe one day I'll scrounge up $500 so that Yosh can make me a customized scent of this. Or not.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2005 3:35:00 PM More reviews by oregonclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the roll-on version of this. I love the fresh scent (although it *is* reminiscent of ginger ale, that's not really a bad thing) and it has good staying power on pulse points. Good stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2005 11:29:00 AM More reviews by cheryl49

A bright and warm all-year-round scent with a cheerful lemon top note and a spicy ginger drydown. Not too strong so no need to fear over-spraying. A fragrance I imagine anyone could wear. I got the intensified version and it lasts about 3 or 4 hours on me layered over the ginger body souffle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2005 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Nanashimara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MMMM Ginger!!! I like this, smells wonderful, only if used sparingly. Please don't pile this on, it's strong!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2005 3:24:00 PM More reviews by jrhiteach

I love this scent. I try other things but I go back to this. I think it is fresh and full. It is definitely an all season scent for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2004 12:39:00 AM More reviews by sarahtsaraht

One of the very few fragrances I can wear without getting headaches or illiciting wretching noises from others. Light, fresh, intriguing...smells like sweet, good soap. So many people, like me, loathe heavy scents. There should be more fragrances like this one.