Origins Ginger Essence

4.1

on 8/10/2005 3:40:00 PM

This is a light spicy scent that I like to wear in the Fall and Winter. It imparts a warm yummy aura. Makes me think of all those cozy things like home baking and fires on the hearth. In my mind this scent could work equally well for men too.

on 7/24/2005 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a clean and spicy (but not too much of either) scent that I often wear to work. It seems most appropriate to wear in the Spring and Fall months. I bought the Intensified version of the Ginger Essence, as the reviews here suggested that the original version did not have good lasting power. I also layer the fragrance over the Origins Ginger Souffle Whipped Body Cream, which helps the fragrance last at least 12 hours. The fragrance goes on smelling very pungent, but quickly dries down into a softer scent that stays close to the skin. I have only gotten compliments on this fragrance from others and will buy it again.

on 6/15/2005 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use the intensified fragrance, and it is my HG perfume. You would have to tear it from my cold, dead fingers. (Although at $12.50 for a (working) rollerball tube that's lasted me ages, really, you can probably afford to get your own!) I have complex and variable body chemistry that makes fragrance a pain in the rear- almost anything with more than one or two notes smells horrible on me, and in a different way every day. But this fragrance consistently smells the same: the citrus notes are cool and juicy, while the ginger is warm and sparkling. Perfectly balanced, clean, and delicious, and never overpowering- I can use this even when I feel sick and fragrances usually bother me, and it actually makes me feel better. True aromatherapy, yet still glamourous. A+++

on 3/25/2005 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This smell is somewhat nauseating. The price is terrible, considering Avon sells a scent just like it and the Body Shop sells Zinzibar which is spicy and less chemical smelling. This is definitely not a fresh smell.

I just got a bottle of this. It's VERY nice! It's a very unique spring/summer fragrance. It's not perfumey in the least bit. It's fresh, citrusy and a little spicy. If I had to give a description of what it smells like, to me it smells like a mix of perfumed spicy froot loops with gingerale. There is just a little bit of a harsh spiciness at the beginning, but it quickly dies down and it's easy to get used to. The dry-down is even better than the initial spray most definitely! I recommend this if you like citrusy scents and something not too heavy or perfumey.

on 3/20/2005 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sensational! I love this too...the citrus gives it a fresh, clean scent...the ginger gives it a bit of a kick...it's fabulous. Perfect for work or going out...

on 3/10/2005 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Its a great scent..but I don't get a WOW factor when I smell it...It is the perfect amount of heaviness for a perfume. Not too heavy where the scent follows you around. But not too light where it disappears. It took me a while to get used to it b/c i didn't like it at first...I still don't completely love it though.

Strong, spicy ginger with a bit of lemon. Very true to the smell when you slice the root (more so than the smell of ginger ale, IMO). It's one of those fresh, invigorating, wake-you-up scents. I find it to be unisex, clean, and completely lacking in personality. Perhaps that could be a good thing--it's not likely to offend anyone. In any case, although I love ginger in food, I'm not a big fan of it in fragrance (particularly on its own). What I would really love, actually, is a fragrance that evokes ginger ice cream (which you can find in the Chinatown Ice Cream Factory in New York City's Chinatown). There's something about the sweet creaminess of the ice cream with the spicyness of ginger which is incredibly addicting. Maybe one day I'll scrounge up $500 so that Yosh can make me a customized scent of this. Or not.

on 2/24/2005 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought the roll-on version of this. I love the fresh scent (although it *is* reminiscent of ginger ale, that's not really a bad thing) and it has good staying power on pulse points. Good stuff!

on 2/19/2005 11:29:00 AM

A bright and warm all-year-round scent with a cheerful lemon top note and a spicy ginger drydown. Not too strong so no need to fear over-spraying. A fragrance I imagine anyone could wear. I got the intensified version and it lasts about 3 or 4 hours on me layered over the ginger body souffle.

Popular Fragrances