April 17, 2014 | 1814 users online

Concealers - Rimmel - Match Perfection Concealer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

I found this product reseaching on MA.

It does the trick, but I prefer a heavier consistency. I got it in the lightest shade, and it works well with my light Asian skin tone. I don't have any problems with the tube packaging, I actually like it. I use to use Clinque, and the clicker was a pain. All in all, it's pretty good for the price and doesn't break me out and covers moderately well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

Best drug store concealer, lasts, and gives a really good coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by loveheartxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

i love this concealer!
i have tried a lot of concealers from a lot of brands but this is by far my favourite. i use it mainly for covering up my medium dark under eye circles and it does a great job! it covers them up no problem, highlighting and brightening my under eye area. without under eye primer on it can tend to settle into the cracks a little but it is not a major problem, and with a bit of powder on top it works well.

as for covering up spots it covers up my small blemishes without fault, but i wouldn't think it would fare so well on bigger spots or acne. i would say it was more of a under eye concealer. if i use to much product on my spots and rub it in too hard, it tends to peel/flake a little, which is slightly annoying.

the packaging is not the best. it does not able you to see how much product is left in the packaging unless you hold it up to a light. the applicator at the end is also a bit messy, and causes you to waste more product than necessary. i also think the tube is a bit big for how much product you get in the tube, making it harder to squeeze out.

overall i think this product is amazing! i only really needed it for under eye circles as i don't tend to get many bad spots so it has done excactly as i was hoping it would, and i shall definitely be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have tried A LOT of concealers, and this time I decided to try this. My favourite concealer ever, is Wake me up from the same brand, but this time I wanted to try this one out, instead of repurchasing the Wake Me up.

The match perfection one is actually pretty similar to the Wake Me up, and the price is the same. The only different is the applicator and the match perfection is a bit more illuminating. Let me just say that I don't like the applicator and I wish that it wasn't that illuminating, so I could cover up blemishes with this.

But it's SO good, for under the eyes and hyper pigmentation!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Decent concealer. Not uber long wearing but is easy to blend and build, medium coverage. A little goes a long way so don't squeeze too hard!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by hollyhodgson

Lovely and brightening for under the eyes down the nose and on cheek bones. Stays on well when set. Tube is a bit big for how much product is inside making it very squishy when trying to squeeze the concealer out. Will be buying it again after I've finished it up. Love it, could marry it after the difference it's made to my dark circles.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by kateraiger

Really good at covering dark circles and adding bright was under eyes. I do have to set this with a light dusting of powder or it will crease. Packaging could be better as it gets difficult to use when you're at the end of the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

I have dark hereditary undereye circles, plus crepey undereye lines and occasional dry skin from Retin-A so I'm a challenge for any concealer. I was really impressed with how well Rimmel Match Perfection worked, especially for the price. It holds up against undereye lines for hours, and when it does give out it doesn't make them look dramatically worse. It's easy to blend and it does a good job of covering up the darkness.

The main reason I don't use it regularly is because MAC Pro Longwear concealer was just that little scootch better -- it has a better color match to my face or better light diffusion properties or something so it makes my whole face light up, not just my undereye area. To tell the truth, the MAC is not actually three times better than Rimmel to go with the 3X higher price, I'm just that vain. If I run out of MAC someday when the budget doesn't have room for replacing it, I'll get the Rimmel instead. (Also, the Rimmel does a better job on scars and spots, so I keep it around to use for those.)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by aasherrs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My first review! Let me start by saying (as a college student) I don't wear much makeup on a day to day basis (usually just concealer and mascara), so I don't have much to compare this to - but so far I love it. I'd been using Maybelline's Fit Me concealer in Light, but it still felt too orange at times (I could get away with it, but it wasn't really evening me out as much as I liked, plus it's hard to blend), so I went to Walgreens and picked up this, after recalling some makeup guru mentioning it. I went home and washed my face and tried it, and wow! A little goes a long way for me especially under my eyes. I have minor dark circles on a normal day, but when I tried this product I was running on two hours sleep and the circles were bad - but this product covered them flawlessly. It also took care of my usual redness around my eyes and chin, and the finish looks natural. For me, the Fair/Light color essentially matches my skin perfectly; it brightens and evens out, with much better blendability and coverage than the Maybelline Fit Me. So far so good - only time will tell if it becomes my HG, hence the four stars. If you are looking for very heavy coverage, this probably isn't for you, but for me it is just right.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Fab product, I love this. I have tried many other under eye concealers but this beats all of them hands down. It doesn't have as high coverage as other concealers, e.g.: the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer but it is really illuminating and is the only thing that covers my under eye circles. My only gripe is the packaging - I like the fact that it comes in a tube, but I think the brush attachment wastes product and is useless, because at least for me, I prefer to blend it with my fingers. All in all a great product, I'd urge you to try it if you haven't already.