The Body Shop Lip Care Stick - Cocoa Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Flavor, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Water, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Tocopherol.

on 11/10/2007 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

i searched so much for a good lip balm..and i always find myself back to this lovely cocoa.. year after year.. season after season. it does it for me and it does it very well.. the right formula for any time of the day even before sleeping.. i wear it without worrying about my pillow or my hair getting sticky!
it moisturizes well enough for me. i have one at work, home and in my purse : )
Update: it isnt working anymore :( i found a way better one! the MAC lip conditioner that comes in a jar :D

on 10/16/2007 10:23:00 PM

Awesome product!! This lipbalm makes me lips soo soft and moisturized!! I got sick of the scent after awhile though. A definite repurchase!! :)

on 10/16/2007 2:45:00 PM

This is the perfect lip balm there is! It smells so delicious and I'm a big fan of anything cocoa butter, it just smells much better than those fruity or minty flavors. The balm goes on like silk, not too thin, not too heavy, just perfect, and it makes my lips soft, moist, and supple. My HG lip balm. Big rave!

on 9/17/2007 1:18:00 PM

I got this for free and I just love the smell! But....tastes like plastic. I love the feel of it on my lips, very moisturizing. This is the best lip balm I have ever used.

on 9/13/2007 11:57:00 AM

MY FAVOURITE! i will never switch again!
i thought Palmer's Cocoa Butter stick was my favourite but NOOO this one is!....the Palmer's one doesnt even have that nice smell of cocoa butter.....BUT THIS ONE DOES! and it SMELLS SOOO GOOOOD! I Love it.....most importantly it applies so nicely, its wears so lovely, its not gooey- its not heavy- its not suffocating to my lips-
its a dream come true, my lips are REALLY SOFT since i've been using this. I LOVE THIS, i will buy it for life

UPDATE: one lippie taken off = too bad it doesnt Taste as Good as it smells! ewgh (meaning when i lick my lips people, i dont actually put it on a spoon and taste it!)

on 9/7/2007 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Sheer heaven. This is what's finally weaned me off my lipsmackers addiction, and I swear to stay faithful to this balm forever. One swipe of this and my lips are feeling plumped out, no lines, no dead skin, and it's not at all greasy or thick, just emollient. Price is a little steep but totally worth it. This one beats all the other lip balms hands down.

on 8/31/2007 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Just unreal. I didn't have huge hopes for this, because olive oil is before cocoa butter on the ingredient list, but man was i proven wrong. The SMELL just blows you away, probably one of the most authentic chocolate smelling lipbalms i've tried. It's not waxy whatsoever, and leaves the tiniest hint of shine on your lips. Though 8 dollars is slightly steep (4 for me, thank you god for employee discounts) it's so worth it once you wake up in the morning after applying this at night. So wonderful!

on 7/1/2007 12:04:00 AM

This is very appropriately named "lip moisturizer" and not "chapstick". It's not a heavy, thick barrier that protects lips from the elements, it's a moisturizing treatment. So with that in mind, I love this! It works great when my lips are chapped/dry or sometimes I put it on before I got to bed to give my lips a little pampering. I'm a chocolatae lover so the scent is heavenly to me, but if you don't like chocolate you can try a different one since the lip care sticks come in different fragrances. As I said earlier if you are looking for lip protection I wouldn't depend on this as I'm not sure it would work very well. But if you want a treatment to make your lips soft and moisturized give this a try.

on 5/28/2007 11:52:00 PM

Probably one of the best lip balms I've ever bought. It goes for $5, but you can pick up 2 for $8. This is the first balm I've had where the texture is creamy -- not slick or slippery (like vaseline) nor waxy nor sticky. It's absolutely perfect. The scent smells exactly like Tootsie Rolls to me, uber-chocolately. That part is just ooookay to me (Palmer's Cocoa Butter lip balm has the perfect chocolate-vanilla scent, to my nose), but the scent wears off after a while. In any case, this conditions really, really well. It feels more hydrating because of its creamy texture -- if a balm is too slippery, it wears off too soon; if it's too waxy, it's not moisturizing enough. So this texture is the perfect middle ground. And my lips *do* feel more hydrated after it has worn off. If the scent were just a wee bit better, this balm would be absoultely perfect.

on 4/16/2007 9:58:00 AM

A fantastic product! Very emollient, slightly shiny, wonderful taste, wears very well under lipstick. It's one of my absolute HGs that I keep repurchasing and repurchasing. I hope TBS never discontinues this product. I am never without it.

Popular Lip Treatments