October 1, 2014 | 1206 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Care Stick - Cocoa Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by cerecita

MY FAVOURITE! i will never switch again!
i thought Palmer's Cocoa Butter stick was my favourite but NOOO this one is!....the Palmer's one doesnt even have that nice smell of cocoa butter.....BUT THIS ONE DOES! and it SMELLS SOOO GOOOOD! I Love it.....most importantly it applies so nicely, its wears so lovely, its not gooey- its not heavy- its not suffocating to my lips-
its a dream come true, my lips are REALLY SOFT since i've been using this. I LOVE THIS, i will buy it for life

UPDATE: one lippie taken off = too bad it doesnt Taste as Good as it smells! ewgh (meaning when i lick my lips people, i dont actually put it on a spoon and taste it!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2007 10:42:00 AM More reviews by arieeel

Sheer heaven. This is what's finally weaned me off my lipsmackers addiction, and I swear to stay faithful to this balm forever. One swipe of this and my lips are feeling plumped out, no lines, no dead skin, and it's not at all greasy or thick, just emollient. Price is a little steep but totally worth it. This one beats all the other lip balms hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2007 3:19:00 AM More reviews by ladyluck56

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just unreal. I didn't have huge hopes for this, because olive oil is before cocoa butter on the ingredient list, but man was i proven wrong. The SMELL just blows you away, probably one of the most authentic chocolate smelling lipbalms i've tried. It's not waxy whatsoever, and leaves the tiniest hint of shine on your lips. Though 8 dollars is slightly steep (4 for me, thank you god for employee discounts) it's so worth it once you wake up in the morning after applying this at night. So wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 12:04:00 AM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is very appropriately named "lip moisturizer" and not "chapstick". It's not a heavy, thick barrier that protects lips from the elements, it's a moisturizing treatment. So with that in mind, I love this! It works great when my lips are chapped/dry or sometimes I put it on before I got to bed to give my lips a little pampering. I'm a chocolatae lover so the scent is heavenly to me, but if you don't like chocolate you can try a different one since the lip care sticks come in different fragrances. As I said earlier if you are looking for lip protection I wouldn't depend on this as I'm not sure it would work very well. But if you want a treatment to make your lips soft and moisturized give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2007 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Ling

Probably one of the best lip balms I've ever bought. It goes for $5, but you can pick up 2 for $8. This is the first balm I've had where the texture is creamy -- not slick or slippery (like vaseline) nor waxy nor sticky. It's absolutely perfect. The scent smells exactly like Tootsie Rolls to me, uber-chocolately. That part is just ooookay to me (Palmer's Cocoa Butter lip balm has the perfect chocolate-vanilla scent, to my nose), but the scent wears off after a while. In any case, this conditions really, really well. It feels more hydrating because of its creamy texture -- if a balm is too slippery, it wears off too soon; if it's too waxy, it's not moisturizing enough. So this texture is the perfect middle ground. And my lips *do* feel more hydrated after it has worn off. If the scent were just a wee bit better, this balm would be absoultely perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by ClaireLily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A fantastic product! Very emollient, slightly shiny, wonderful taste, wears very well under lipstick. It's one of my absolute HGs that I keep repurchasing and repurchasing. I hope TBS never discontinues this product. I am never without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2007 1:33:00 PM More reviews by m6fntsy

Bought this on a whim without doing much research first -- I had only heard that Body Shop lip products were good. I wear this every night to bed and I love it! Keeps my lips soft and smooth which makes lipstick application the next day really easy. This Lip Care Stick is not chalky feeling or heavy like other "chapstick" type of products. Smell is okay -- I don't love it but the smell fades fairly quickly after application. I will definitely repurchase when this one runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2007 9:25:00 AM More reviews by samiam1022

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is great lip balm! It's super emollient and smells absolutely divine. I actually look forward to applying this. As for long-lasting effects, I really don't think you're going to get that from any lip balm. Like moisterizer for skin...it needs to be re-applied.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 11:49:00 PM More reviews by lavenderfleur

I love this! My lips were a little rough and this has really softened them up. I saw other reviewers mention that this was just a temporary fix, but I feel an improvement even after it has worn off. It is a little pricey for a lip balm, but I think it's well worth it. Would definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by VickieVixie

I'm on my 3rd tube of these. It's very moisturizing, even in Swedish winter. Love the scent and the creamy texture, especially that subtle sheen it leaves on my lips. Doesn't require a lot of re-applying. But lately it's been like -15 C out and I get the feeling that this freezes over on my lips? It kinda hardens...But it melts with body heat, so I just have to apply it and wait a second or two or keep it in my pant pocket. It is quite pricey for a small thing of lip balm though.