September 23, 2014 | 1848 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

I've been using Baby Lips ever since it was first released in Australia. The packaging differs from the US Baby Lips but it's the same packaging as the ones sold in the Asian market. There are a few ranges offered here: the non-tinted ones, the "Lip Glow" and the "Loves Color" ones. I've only used their non-tinted and "Lip Glow" range.

In terms of the formula of the lip balm, I cannot do a comparison between different markets because I've only used Australian Baby Lips products. I'm unsure if there was a change in the formula but the non-tinted lip balm I have from when it was first released is on the greasy/oily side (glossier) and the "Lip Glow" is drier and waxier. Their "Lip Glow" range has a similar concept to Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm, in which the colour adjusts to your lips depending on the pH. It gives a light tint but is buildable to an unnatural pink. The flavours are strongly fruity (with the exception of menthol). SPF20 is a bonus but this is only in their non-tinted range.

I would not use these lip balms (non-tinted) underneath majority of my lipsticks because of their oily formula. I prefer a waxy lip balm instead but the exception is for lipsticks that are waxy and hard.

As for how moisturising it is, it's a decent lip balm but I don't find it very moisturising. It only serves as a physical barrier against the weather but I'd say after 2 hours, you should reapply because it eventually leaves your lips drier. I find that I don't need very moisturising lip balms most of the year and they work well for summer. They're affordable and they work for me, so I'm likely to repurchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by SeoulBunnyRabbit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I was all excited to buy this product because there had been such a big hype about it in the blogosphere but when I got it I was totally let down. My lips have always been in need of a lot of moisture and when I would apply the stuff I would need to reapply every five minutes so that I could get some sort of moisture. Besides the less than great quality of the actual lip balm the packaging was not very good. The cap seals be locking with a notch on the tube, but mine withered so the cap did not seal properly.

I do not recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by cRod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will not be purchasing this item again. They have no staying power and dry out my lips really badly. The colour payoff is light and they smell really nice, but thats it. No true redeeming qualities. I regret buying them in all colours before I tried them. Don't believe the hype.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by karlaleila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of all of them Can't get enough And they definitely hydrate my lips

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by HappyLatte

I love the smells!!! It moisturises yes perhaps not as well as Nivea or Vaseline but they're fun products to keep in bags and just give a glossy coat. The coloured balms are lovely too... Peach Kiss is has a glossy shimmer to it and the nude shade is a beauty. They're build able to make the colour stronger, not sticky or waxy at all and I really love these, just not the lasting power if I have super cracked lips. But as it's coming into summer my lips aren't as dry and these are great.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

These aren't nearly as hydrating as EOS or Nivea but in my opinion they're all really fun. They taste delicious and I love the hint of color they have. I wear matte lipstick a lot and I like putting these on over top if my lips feel dry. They're just light weight enough to put on top of lipsticks, where as a more moisturizing chap stick would be too sticky. I love the cherry, grape, and the rose one.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its cute and nice pigmentation, but i feel like it doesnt do much for my lips when theyre dry. they feel nice when my lips are not dry to add a bit more moisture, but it doesnt help heal my dry lips :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm writing this review in 2 parts. First I will write about the CLEAR/NON-TINTED versions of this product. Then I will write about the TINTED versions that leave color on your lips. In short, the CLEAR versions are awesome. The TINTED versions are TERRIBLE.

The clear ones (lime green tube with purple writing and light blue tube with pink writing) are fantastic. They are super moisturizing, last forever, and leave just a hint of gentle shine. They are literally addicting, so soft and luxurious when you put them on, that I actually got my boyfriend addicted. He pulled the label off and keeps a secret tube in his gym bag because he's hooked too!

The tinted ones, however, were truly disappointing. They feel the same, buttery and luxurious, but the color looks horrendous. It's so so fake and gross looking, and it sits on top of your lips in a very clearly visible layer of unnatural lip color, which looks so unflattering. The colors are dull and lack depth, so you're left with what I call "dead lips" and that's not cute.

If you want color, get a stain and then apply one of the clear baby lips on top. The colored baby lips (and I've tried from all the lines currently available- the originals, the white medicated tubes, the black tubes, etc.) and the colored ones are ALWAYS a disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by ChristyMakeup3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff i have like three different ones now!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by emmacurriee

I am using the 'pink punch' baby lips and so far I've loved it, I've only been using it for a month or so but I love the fact it's tinted. I've always been to scared to use lipsticks but this tinted lip balm is perfect! It's not too bright and sits nicely on my lips. The smell is also amazing! I rate this 4/5 and would defiantly try the other baby lips.