October 23, 2014 | 1988 users online

Concealers - Revlon - PhotoReady Concealer SPF 20

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

It is summer now and my skin tone is more of a NC25. I got the color in light but I think I should have gotten light medium. The light color definitely highlights my under eyes. With that said, let's move onto the review. The concealer is pretty nice because it is in a stick form. It is a medium to full coverage. It is buildable but it can definitely get cakey if applied too much. Unfortunately, there are some shimmers in the concealer it self. So it is a bit sparkly. If it is just used under the eyes, then it is a perfect highlight. It hasn't creased on me yet. It actually looks nice under my eyes. Definitely need just one or two swipes and anymore, it gets super cakey and looks like you are wearing makeup. As of now, I think I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by WalkingEmphasis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was flip-flopping on whether or not to rate this 3 or 4 lippies. I got this concealer mainly to hide redness on certain areas of my face and to conceal marks from blemishes that pop up once in a while. I would never add regular concealer under my eyes, so if that's what you want to know about for this concealer, this review won't help you.

That said, for redness: I think this concealer works really well if you're sim. y looking to even out your skintone. It covers my red areas excellently (mostly around my nose and smile line area). My skin is combination and can get very oily in my nose area, but even so, the product manages to stay That'sin place for a good while. The product is creamy and blends well for me, but I do use Murad for oil control, as a kind of moisturizer/primer before I apply. As long as my skin isn't too dry, the product looks and feels great. That said, on days I have dry spots, I don't appreciate the product as much, because it highlights the dry flakes.

For blemishes: I'd say it gives medium coverage. You can build it up, definitely, but the more you do so the less natural it looks. This doesn't necessarily matter, depending on what order you prefer to do your makeup. I really like using this concealer on the days I use my BB cream, as it looks even more natural in combination with it.

In terms of color options, I would only give this 2 lippies. There simply aren't enough options for the rainbow of skin colors out there and I think that's really unfortunate. I have olive skin, so I have naturally yellow undertones (when it's winter) and golden undertones during spring/summer. Light Medium, even for my undertones, would still be way too orangey for me in the winter months. In the summer months, however, 003 works well for my coloring.

The reason I was flip-flopping between 3 and 4 lippies: The sparkle. I had purchased this before I read any of the reviews here and I thought the people mentioning the sparkle were on crack, because I hadn't noticed it any of the times I applied this - both in and out of natural lighting. That said, after reading reviews, I went to look at mine to inspect for sparkles. Sure enough, it was there... which I really dislike. It makes no sense to me to add it to concealer. *However*, I stuck with 4 lippies because I honestly don't think I ever would have noticed on my own. I also wear E.L.F.s High Definition powder as my last step, and maybe that's why I never noticed any sparkle.

All in all, I would purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Gflow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this concealer, especially for the price. It gives good coverage and lasts a good while. It's neither too dry or greasy and easy to apply. It's the one I'm sticking with until I find one better.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It does its job well. The price is okay so I wasn't too disappointed about the performance. It covers redness but you can still see my bumps. I guess a pro/con would be its creaminess. It glides smoothly on my face and blends. But my skin is oily and after 2 hours there's just a patch of grease on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Ajimenez531

I love this product and almost everything about it the price packaging, lasting power however the range of shades is not many. None of the shades match my skin perfectly however I still use it since its so creamy and easy to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by ehlona0

I love this product! It is so great and easy! It lasts all day and you just dab it on the zit or dark spot and rub it in a little and you are done. There is no need to get out the brushes. Only a small amount is needed and it matched my skin tone perfectly. I would buy this again and again. So easy and so great for those lazy days.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by chaumein

I don't have a very good history with concealers, but this one is the first to work for me. Having said that, I did run into similar problems other reviewers had with it. In the winter time, it caked. A lot. I found my fix by putting petroleum jelly (lotion wasn't enough) on problem areas first before applying the concealer. When I don't have winter skin, it goes on very smoothly and is a great match for my warm, fair-medium skin (I use Light Medium 003). I agree with other reviewers that it is definitely yellow-toned.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

This is only okay. It kind of exacerbated the dry skin around the zit I was trying to cover, and wore off eventually. I like the packaging very much, but the product leaves something to be desired. Still loving Hard Candy Glamoflauge more.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by DimpleBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first ever concealer that I bought was this in the shade fair-medium. Having watched hundreds of beauty videos on YT, I learnt that concealer should be 1 to 1.5 shades lighter than your skin tone. OK, got it. So, I studied a little bit about concealer for dry skin and got this one. Nope, it did not cove my under eye circles, plus it looked white. I thought, that may be because the shade was too light for me. Returned it and was searching for next shade which is probably medium? but it wasn't available so I directly jumped to medium-deep. because I loved its creaminess I dared to buy it again in different shade. But no, even second time it was a miss. May be coverage wise it is sheer and my under eye circles are not crazy but they are not light either. So, I returned this one as well. I really wanted to like it reading all the rave about it, but it did not work for me. Well, obviously I will not be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really disliked this product, I bought it in 002 and it was so yellow you'd think it would help cover purple dark circles but it just drew more attention to the yellow under my eyes! it caked and was quite greasy and when i tried to set it, it went cakey even more. I thought this would be so great with the foundation (which i bought at the same time) but i was disappointed, i wont be buying this again.