Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysillicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon 12, Sythetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Calcium Aluminum Borosillicate, Silica, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Tin Oxide May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5, Black 2, Aluminum Powder, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Blue 1, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Red 40

on 4/18/2012 7:11:00 PM

Silent Treatment is a palette that I'm likely to repurchase before I hit pan (after Jordana discontinued Lovely I got nervous and don't want to lose another favorite). Each shadow is creamy and easy to apply. The eyelid shade is a gorgeous taupe that reads silver/purple on my lids. I also really enjoy the highlight color which is a soft pink/peach. The crease shade is too dark for the full crease, so I use it in the corner of my eye and then buff it out into the crease for a light shadow. Silent Treatment is by far my favorite WNW palette.

on 4/17/2012 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

UPDATE: I finally found a way to use the browbones colour! Iíve been using it as a setting powder for my concealer and it works wonder, thanks to its smooth texture and not-so-obvious light reflecting quality. I occasionally use it on my cupidís bow which also works well.

This is my first drugstore eyeshadow, so this will be a review from a point of view of someone (me!) who never used drugstore eyeshadow before.

Eyelid: I agree with the previous reviews that this was, by far, the best in the trio. Itís a gorgeous taupy brown that is versatile. It works well with all my other eye shadows (MAC, NARS and UD).

Crease: I bought this trio because I was originally drawn to the crease colour (matte dark brown with glitters). In the pan itís vaguely similar to NARS Mekong which Iíve been eyeing. However, when I put it on, there was no glitter in sight. I was a little disappointed.

Browbone: The browbone colour is my least favourite. It doesnít really show up or add anything special. Itís not a good highlighting colour, IMO.

Overall: The colour payoff was good, not excellent. As for the staying power, even with UP Primer Potion, all three colours unfortunately fade and fall a little by the end of the day causing a little racoon eye effectÖjust a little. Although it isnít as good as high end eye shadows, itís $3, so Iím still satisfied.

Verdict: I wanted to love it so much (who doesnít like saving $!), but I ended up just ďlikingĒ it. Would I re-purchase this trio? No. But I will recommend it to others. Will I purchase another Wet Ďní Wild trio? ABSOLUTELY. I will probably purcahse one more - in Spoiled Brat.

on 4/15/2012 4:30:00 PM

One of the best drugstore eyeshadows on the market. I agree with others when I (enthusiastically) say the taupe shadow in this palette is worth triple what WnW charges for all three colors.

But, first off: the other two. The light pink is a fairly typical drugstore-quality shadow. The color is nice, but the product is very dry and a little chalky to apply. It's a "meh." It won't be your favorite highlighting eyeshadow by any means. The dark color is nice and fairly versatile. Nothing super special. Texture is better than the lightest color.

The taupe really is amazing. It has a soft, velvety texture, goes on incredibly smoothly, and is a really dynamic, beautiful, purple-gray-taupey color. I have gray/green eyes and this makes them look great. I will buy more of these palettes for this color alone, and even being a little disappointed by the other colors can't make me give this anything less than 5 stars, just because Wet n Wild is SO inexpensive that when combining sales and coupons at CVS, you can practically get it for pocket change.

on 4/10/2012 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

EDIT: Ok, so I think I get what is so magical about this now. It really is that lid color. It's so unique and alluring. Its like, taupe/grey./lilac. It's pretty weird, but it works!
* * *
Is there something that i'm missing here...?
I hate to rain on this parade, but this palette just didn't dazzle me. I love all the WnW palette's because their shadows are so pigmented and vibrant; this one is the only exception. It's not terrible, but this combination of shades just don't suit eachother. When blended together it kinda just looks like this "murkey water" smokey eye. Although all the colors are beautiful on their own (especially that unique taupe shade), I was not impressed :/ Must go back and buy my "Walking on Egg Shells" palette- My fav!

on 4/10/2012 8:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Well, I've had this palette for over a year now, just pulled it out and started using it the other day and I'm in love! Believe the hype..this is an awesome palette. I will say that I am tempted to break the darn lid off and throw it out!! It's very difficult to open and I always ruin the polish on my thumnail opening it...I suppose depotting would solve that problem, yes? :)

on 3/9/2012 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

The colors in this quad were ashy against my NC50/NW45 skintone. The taupey lavender color turned out to be white when applied even with a base. The peachy pink shade gave me the same result. However the dark plum brown was amazing and use it to deepen the crease when I wear purple looks and don't want to use a purple in the crease.

on 3/8/2012 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this stuff! I reach for it daily when I just want some basic eye color. Pigment is amazing for the price ( especially the middle crase color!) Last all day, no creasing. Creates a wonderful daily smokey eye too! Just ignore the crappy sponge and brush it comes with. Would recommend, and will buy again.

on 2/18/2012 3:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a neutral palette for those gals that like pop!

The browbone color is super pigmented and a wearable baby pink. It is a little powdery, but not so much that it isn't easy enough to work with.

The crease color is nice, but it is not as outstanding as the other 2 colors. It would take a little bit to make it opaque for a super dark smoky look

The taupe is what totally MAKES this palette. It is buttery, not powdery, opaque, and drop dead gorgeous!

on 2/16/2012 11:13:00 PM

The bottom shadow in this trio is the best thing since Stila discontinued Dapple. Outstanding! Don't let the cheap packaging fool you, these shadows are really fantastic. Very blendable, long-wearing, and the texture/finish is just lovely.

on 2/14/2012 1:56:00 PM

What you would expect for a 2.99 drugstore eyeshadow!