November 23, 2014 | 990 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by hyukluv3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I now have 6 of the lipsticks from this new lip perfecting line.... LOVE THEM! They really are super moisturizing and pigmented. And of course both is hard to find in one. After it starts to wear off later in the night, it stains my lips~ pretty crazy. My only thing is that I wish the tube lid weren't so long to the bottom (thats a personal preference), and that they had an even bigger variety of bright, fun colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the color Smitten. I had a $1 coupon, so I spent $4.99 at Target for a superior product. The cap stays on securely, which is a bonus if you want to toss it into a purse or makeup bag. The scent is subtle; I generally dislike scent in any skin care or makeup product, but this works for me. And the formula seems just excellent thus far. It is creamy plus light; definitely opaque but does not look matte or flat at all. I love the Smitten color, which suits my sallow, light NC15-ish skin shade. It is a plummy pink, that is not too bold or bright.

This wears far better than my one-time extreme purchase of a Shiseido lipstick, though I still love my Lipstick Queen Saint Rouge and Sigh... I find that it is odd to review a COLOR that doesn't work in a way that makes the entire product inferior. For example, I will never understand the cult of the nude lip look, since it looks horrible on me, but I would not review a nude shade of lipstick in this brand as bad, just because I looked like a corpse... I wish there were testers or overall liberal return policies so that mistakes would be less likely to happen or easier to repair. This newest lipstick from Cover Girl is excellent for what it is: a creamy, opaque modern lipstick with different but no extreme finishes (such as ultra matte or disco glitter). Just because an item is mass market "drugstore" does not mean it can't be great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So far I only have this in 2 colors: Rapture and Fairytale which both fall in the coral/peach area. Actually, I find myself starting with Fairytale at first, then later putting a layer of Rapture over it which kind of softens it up. This is a very light feeling lipstick (think lip balm) - which I love - but the biggest plus in my opinion is that it stains my lips and doesn't bleed and I don't have to keep reapplying it throughout the day. It is not drying at all. I am anxious to try some other colors, esp in the pink/red category. Definitely recommend - there are enough shades out there for all skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by dscrapbooking

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for Embrace # 335. This is a Gorgeous Purplish Magenta. I would say this color is very close to Macs Violetta and only half the price. So if you missed Violetta give this a try. You will not be disappointed. Oh one more thing this will stain your lips. Although that does not bother me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by brooklyn_007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a BzzAgent and received Fervor (raspberry brown) and Soulmate (mauve-like fuchsia with shimmer) to test. I typically wear Chanel lipstick, and I was impressed with this product! The smell is wonderful (vanilla-like)! I hate putting on lipsticks with a waxy smell. The product itself is not heavy or waxy; it goes on very smoothly with a weightless feel. I like how I can control the intensity of the color. As the day goes on, the lipstick wears very nicely. It doesn't last all day, but as it fades, it wears off evenly. It is not as drying as many lip colors can be--actually, it's not really drying at all. I took pics of my lips before wearing the product, and after 7 days of daily use. Both sets of photos were taken at the end of the day; no lip balm or other lip product is worn. They are posted in my profile. I am pleased with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Just wanted to try a lipstick for the first time in a while and I'd heard good reviews.
Price: around $9 CDN
Pkg: square tube, twists up&down easily
Texture: super creamy
Colour: Impassion 215- shimmery dark coral
Coverage: medium to full
It stays on my lips until I eat something. And the colour doesn't fade, nothing noticeable anyway. Doesn't feather on me either. I prefer this over Maybelline Color Sensational

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

Bought this today in "Temptress." I just had to come on here and rave about how happy I am with it. The colour is absolutely beautiful; it glides on lovely, feels moisturizing, and adds just enough colour to my face. I know I will be experimenting with some more colours, and will definitely repurchase. : )

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by murriepurrie

First off, Im a bzzagent, but I wouldn't be doing this if I couldn't say what I honestly felt.

First off the colors I got are Rich (warm shimmery red) and Hypnotic (orange/brown nude). They both had fine shimmer that I thought added more realistic dimension to the lips. They were long lasting, but weren't as moisturizing as promised (lipbalm fixes that).

I wouldn't give up my more expensive brands up entirely (inouvi is much more moisturizing), but this is a good alternative for someone wanting to experiment with color.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by snikki1

I love this product! I'm a BzzAgent and received this product to try. It really makes your lips feel silky smooth like it promises. I've been very happy with it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Jazzybear89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

These are great! They are longwearing on me, are highly pigmented, and very creamy. They don't dry out my lips or make them look dry. I love them. Some are frosty- not good, but others are great (my favorite is Sultry!) They smell nice too- a slight vanilla scent.