Cover Girl Lip Perfection

4.1

Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Isopropyl Isostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Acetylated Lanolin, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Paraffin, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl Lactate, Fragrance, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea), Silk Powder, Maltodextrin, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Propylparaben, Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Mica, May Contain ( /-): Orange 5, Iron Oxides, Lauroyl Lysine, Titanium Dioxide, Red 27, Blue 1 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985), Carmine

on 4/15/2011 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought Spellbound and Heavenly. I love them both! They're very smooth and have a lot of staying power. The selection of colors, in my opinion, beats all drugstore brands offerings. I'm very impressed! Will definitely repurchase.

on 4/13/2011 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I was unable to get over the overly perfumed fragrance of this lipstick long enough to wear it for more than a few minutes. It was enough to give me a headache.

Did I get an odd lippy? Are they all this perfumed? The scent is worse than L'Oreal and doesn't fade. Returning, will not try another.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I don't know how to rate this. Formula is great. Super moisturizing and conditioning and great color payoff. I just can't find a color I like. I am very pale with super full lips and the colors were too bright and pigmented for me.

on 4/7/2011 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I received the lip perfection lipstick from buzzagent to try. All I can say is I love the lip sticks. I was sent the color hypnotic 220. This color is a soft purple color. And it goes on smooth and leaves your lips so soft. And not to mention it lasts all day. So you don't have to keep putting it on during the day. They also have many shades to choose from. This is a must have for every women:)

on 4/6/2011 11:48:00 PM

I recieved two of these lipsticks through Buzzagent. The colors I got were Coquette and Hot. The tubes are really nice. Very sleek and shiny looking.

The lipstick itself goes on very smooth and moisturizing, and has a light fruity scent. The colors didn't really suit me though. Coquette was way too frosty and purple. Hot was way too bright and pink on me. I will definitely like to try colors that would be more suitable for my coloring.

on 4/5/2011 1:27:00 PM

I recieved the lipperfection lipstick in HOT. I thought the color would be a bit bold for me.. but when I applied it I loved the shade. I wear it almost every day... I play around with different shades of eyeshadow to go with it. It really made my lips feel moisturized after a few days of use. I will be buying this product over and over again for sure!!!

on 4/4/2011 4:00:00 PM

i only have one color and after trying it, i won't be buying another. First, I absolutely love the color i got(Dazzle). Its medium violet pink with subtle irridesence. Gorgeous color. With one sheer coat, it looks very natural and pretty, as if you have naturally pink lips. Lovely. Unfortunately, color is the only thing that i liked about it
This is sheer glossy lipstick. It can be layered for more color but with just one coat its very sheer, imo. Keep in mind that i like opaque full coverage color and this was definately not it. I found it to be very moisturizing as most glossy sheer colors are and it last about as long as any other lipstick in this formula, an hour at the most, without eating or drinking. Even just drinking something will take half of it right off. I think this has high ratings because lot of ladies like sheer colors but this is definately not my cup of tea. I don't mind reapplying but with this i have to reapply constantly. I even tried it with new CG lip pensil that i bought at the same time(i filled in my lips with it and put this lippie over that)-nope, still didn't last long probably because lip pensil falls in the same category. So no thanks to future purchases. So far, Cover Girl hasn't impressed me with any of their makeup.

on 4/4/2011 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I now have 6 of the lipsticks from this new lip perfecting line.... LOVE THEM! They really are super moisturizing and pigmented. And of course both is hard to find in one. After it starts to wear off later in the night, it stains my lips~ pretty crazy. My only thing is that I wish the tube lid weren't so long to the bottom (thats a personal preference), and that they had an even bigger variety of bright, fun colors.

on 4/3/2011 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I am reviewing the color Smitten. I had a $1 coupon, so I spent $4.99 at Target for a superior product. The cap stays on securely, which is a bonus if you want to toss it into a purse or makeup bag. The scent is subtle; I generally dislike scent in any skin care or makeup product, but this works for me. And the formula seems just excellent thus far. It is creamy plus light; definitely opaque but does not look matte or flat at all. I love the Smitten color, which suits my sallow, light NC15-ish skin shade. It is a plummy pink, that is not too bold or bright.

This wears far better than my one-time extreme purchase of a Shiseido lipstick, though I still love my Lipstick Queen Saint Rouge and Sigh... I find that it is odd to review a COLOR that doesn't work in a way that makes the entire product inferior. For example, I will never understand the cult of the nude lip look, since it looks horrible on me, but I would not review a nude shade of lipstick in this brand as bad, just because I looked like a corpse... I wish there were testers or overall liberal return policies so that mistakes would be less likely to happen or easier to repair. This newest lipstick from Cover Girl is excellent for what it is: a creamy, opaque modern lipstick with different but no extreme finishes (such as ultra matte or disco glitter). Just because an item is mass market "drugstore" does not mean it can't be great!

on 4/3/2011 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So far I only have this in 2 colors: Rapture and Fairytale which both fall in the coral/peach area. Actually, I find myself starting with Fairytale at first, then later putting a layer of Rapture over it which kind of softens it up. This is a very light feeling lipstick (think lip balm) - which I love - but the biggest plus in my opinion is that it stains my lips and doesn't bleed and I don't have to keep reapplying it throughout the day. It is not drying at all. I am anxious to try some other colors, esp in the pink/red category. Definitely recommend - there are enough shades out there for all skin tones.

Recommended for Medium Skin