September 1, 2014 | 2041 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by anarey23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I just bought this yesterday after wanting one for a long time. I have been obsessing over the Clarisonic version but cannot justify $100+ to buy it. Anyways! I used this last night (I was previously using Aveenos textured cleansing pads.) and I noticed results immediately! My skin was much smoother, softer, felt cleaner and my pores were smaller! Which is a miracle. My pores are so big on the top of my cheeks. I gave it 4 lippies because I don't care for the cleanser it came with. It irritated my skin slightly and made my face feel a little dry and tight, but I finished up with Olay's moisturizing cream and my skin felt so supple and dewy. This morning my makeup went on smoother as well. I'm excited to see the results after a week of use. I will probably only use this at night before bed. Also, I saw some reviews on other websites complaining about the battery compartment being incredibly hard to remove...if you read the directions it says to gently rock back and forth while removing and it popped right off! Read the directions people!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by rainbeau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had various issues with my skin (dry and flaky, too oily, acne, very sensitive, uneven/rough, etc.) always - different issues for different seasons.

I bought this after reading all of the rave reviews online, and was not disappointed. I've used it nightly for about 3 weeks, and my skin has never been softer and smoother. It has a glow to it that I never really had before, as hard as I tried! I'm not great at sticking to a regime if I don't see results quickly, but I was sold after only 1 use of this thing. I read that you're only meant to use Olay cleansers with it, but I have used it with my Lush and Burt's Bees products with equally awesome results.

Because of my sensitive skin, I use it on the slower setting as the faster setting feels slightly scratchy. After using the brush daily for ~3 weeks, it's still operating at full power, which is nice too.

I LOVE the Olay Pro-X brush and like most others, highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by yancepants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Left my face feeling super clean, extremely soft, & so smooth; definitely a top notch product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by mckayyancey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Left my face feeling so clean and extremely soft and smooth; definitely a stellar product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by montinez

I have dry/flakes on my nose & bad black headsheads I would scrub my nose with a loofa while i was in the shower & that helped with the flakes( & lotion). I thought this little guy would work miracles for my face but it didn't. I get a deep clean with it but nothing cetaphil & olay toner can't do. This product is nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by lipcrazy

I own both the Clarisonic and the Olay cleansing system. I should preface this review by stating that I received the Clarisonic as a very generous bridesmaid gift and did not purchase it myself. I only use the Clarisonic on my face 1-2 times/week.

For the face, the Clarisonic definitely leaves me feeling smoother and softer. When I run my hands over my face, the skin feels like glass. The Olay also leaves my skin feeling smooth, but not as smooth as the Clarisonic. I would not lose sleep over the differences in smoothness, especially if you can't justify the differences in cost. Both work well and produce positive results, though through a different mechanism (from my understanding). I think that if I used both products too frequently it would irritate the skin on my face.

For the body, the Olay is the superior product. The Clarisonic is too gentle to provide adequate exfoliation (even with the body brush head). I use the Olay daily on my upper arms (where I have KP) and the outside of my calves (where my skin always feels bumpy for some reason). One complaint, since I'm using the the Olay on a larger surface area I have to replace the batteries very frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 6:05:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this product. Unfortunately my budget doesn't stretch to afford a clarasonic so I have nothing to compare it to. Saying that, I'm still very confident in making the claim this is a GREAT product. I've been using it with my usual Lush facial cleansing soap (fresh farmacy) and have seen wonderful results. My skin looks and feels heaps cleaner, and when I do put makeup on the finish is a million times better than it's ever been. The only thing I've changed lately is using this product so it's well worth the money if you ask me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Gen12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product it has made such a huge difference in my skin... A couple months after having my daughter I started getting huge bumps all around my face after I started using it I have stopped breaking out and my skin seems pretty clear! I wear a lot less face makeup!!!!! I loove it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm writing this on behalf of my teenage daughter. She has had problematic skin for months–acne, redness, itching, sensitivity, and dryness. We had tried various washes and moisturizers (African Black Soap, St. Ives, Fruitique, Clinique, Neutrogena, Abba, Yes to Tomatoes, etc. . .), and everything either dried her skin, or had no beneficial impact on the acne problem.

She doesn't wear makeup or spend much time on her appearance because she's always busy, so she just lived with red, bumpy, itchy skin. Since I knew I had to find something simple yet effective for her (she'd never stick with a complex system, and her skin seems too sensitive for multiple products), I went and splurged on this brush system.

We saw serious results within one day, no joke. Now a few days later, the breakouts are almost all gone (she'd had pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, and various uneven texture), and her skin texture is much more even and refined. My daughter also says her skin is much less oily during the day and that when she looks in the mirror, she feels like her skin looks good, and it doesn't hurt anymore. It's as though she has different skin.

She uses the cleanser that came in the box, and she says she loves this system. She even praised that it's less messy than trying to wash her face at the sink. Mind you, this is a girl who is not that big into beauty products or treatments.

I had high hopes for this product, based on reviews, and I can sincerely say that it has even exceeded my expectations. My daughter's skin is happier, and she's happier, and we don't have to keep searching for the "right" product anymore.

I think this system works because the brush provides thorough, but gentle, exfoliation. Acne treatment requires increased cell turnover and exfoliation, but so many products, chemical or physical, tear up and dry out the skin so badly that its overall appearance and quality are still poor, even if actual breakouts are reduced. This brush system removes dead cells, oil, and the surface factors that cause acne, but without damaging the structure and moisture of the skin. I would suggest that anyone with acne just try this, even if it seems a little expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by hilla1ee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am writing this as someone who has never owned the Clarisonic system.

I really like this brush. I purchased the system that came in the Christmas set, so it came with a full size exfoliating face wash. To me, the bristles are tough enough to feel like they're scrubbing, but they feel soft and gentle on my skin. I actually like the size of this brush, because its easy to get it around my nose area.

Is it as powerful as the clarisonic? Probably not. Does it provide instant improvement? No. But after a week, my skin felt much softer, blackheads had started to fade, and enlarged black heads were disappearing.

My personal recommendations:

Don't be afraid to try different cleansers with this. I honestly don't like the cleanser it comes with-- I'm already using the brush to exfoliate, and so the texture of the cleanser felt too rough. My favorite cleanser with this is the Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub. It's got salicylic acid in it, and using it with the brush really helps that penetrate my skin.

Purchase a good vitamin E moisturizer for night time. I will say that this system does dry my skin out a little, but the vitamin E moisturizer has almost completely eliminated that problem.

Finally, I typically wash my face most often in the shower, so I was hesitant when I saw the reviews stating this was water resistant and not waterproof. The brush head is easy enough to remove to rinse on its own that there really is no reason for this to become water damaged (i.e., you don't ever have to submerge it in water to clean). I've had mine for 2 months, using it mostly in the shower, and its absolutely fine.