October 25, 2014 | 1522 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Fit Me Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love the powder. It's silky, smooth and doesn't exacerbate flakies. I find flipping between the powder and the mirror a pain, but I guess it keeps it clean. Doesn't dry up under my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by jenlauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After running out of Dream Matte Powder, I picked this up in the lightest shade. It works great, the package is easily transportable and the coverage is just right. I don't find it to be sparkly at all. I wear this to work, in open sunlight and fluorescent lights every day and it works fine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline's FitMe Pressed Powder has given me problems since day one. I picked up a compact of this powder after enjoying the matching foundation and concealer. The first compact looked fine from the outside, but when I opened it, the glue that holds the pan in place was everywhere, so I exchanged it. The new compact has a the same problem, but it isn't as bad. Anyway, Maybelline says that their FitMe pressed powder gives you a coverage that's "flawless and lets the real you come through. Beyond matching; fresh, breathable, natural finish". This powder doesn't contain any oils, waxes, or nonsense. The shade selection is awesome! There's a total of eighteen shades, I have Porcelain (110), which is the lightest shade. This powder compact contains 9g (.3 oz) and retails for around $8, but I got mine on a deal, and paid only $3.50. I bought my powder at Ulta. Unfortunately, Maybelline does test on animals. This powder was made in the USA.
I like this powder's packaging. The square compact is made of black plastic. The front of the compact offers a window into the product, along with the Maybelline and FitMe logos, and shade number. The back of the compact offers some claims, company info, and a full ingredient list. Things get a little interesting when you pop this compact open. Square packaging, square pan, right? No, actually. The pan of powder is round. You'll notice a tab below the pan, lift it up and it reveals a decent sized mirror and a round puff. I'm not really feeling the powder puff honestly, but that's a matter of preference, I'd rather use a brush. Anyway the packaging looks nice and is kinda neat, but I don't think it's particularly functional considering you need to flip between the pan of product to pick some up and the mirror to see where you're putting it.
Maybelline's FitMe Pressed Powder is very smooth and densely pressed, it barely kicks up any excess powder at all. One thing I noticed right off the bat is that this powder contains a small amount of shimmer. A shimmery face powder doesn't appeal to me, but the shimmer doesn't seem to transfer on to the skin. I don't love the finish of the FitMe powder, its moderately powdery on the skin. Whether applied in bare skin or over foundation, this powder looks obvious. Despite the powdery finish, I don't feel like this powder ever gets cakey. FitMe powder settles into pores and fine lines, ones I didn't even know I had! This powder ages me a couple years every time I put it on! This powder is also a little heavy, I can feel it on my skin even after its been on for a while. It seems like I don't like anything about Maybelline's FitMe Pressed Powder, but that isn't so, there's one thing I like about it that almost makes up for its flaws - the coverage! The coverage is great! If your skin isn't too problematic (unlike mine at the moment), you could likely get away with using FitMe as a powder foundation. This pressed powder gives medium coverage and is excellent for evening out the complexion and masking small imperfections.
Another bonus for Maybelline's FitMe Powder in Porcelain (110), is that it matches me very nicely, not perfectly, but close enough. This powder leans a little bit on the warmer, yellower side. For some reason the yellow undertone shows up particularly strongly around my mouth area. Aside from that the mismatched undertone isn't very obvious, in fact it aids in evening out my skin tone, and it livens it up a little. After a quick swatch and comparison with my two other pressed powders, Maybelline's Porcelain is the best match I have.
I'm not in love with Maybelline's FitMe Pressed Powder, but there are aspects of it that I really like. The color match is good, and the slight yellowy tone neutralizes the plentiful redness in my cheeks and nose. The coverage is very nice, it would make a good powder foundation. I'm not pleased with the powdery finish and I hate the way the powder settles into the finest of lines. Maybe Maybelline's FitMe powder could work for you if you have an excellent primer and setting spray. I should probably look into getting a decent setting spray because I really want this powder to work for me. I wouldn't repurchase this powder, nor do I really recommend it. Hopefully I can find a way to make it more flattering, because it certainly has some strong points.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Taraelizabeth6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros
- cheap price
- the compact did not break

Cons
- cakey when used more than once (touch ups)
- small clogged pores/blackheads :(

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by babylipss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really don't like this powder as I stated before. I threw it away. It absolutely doesn't do anything on oily/combo skin. My friend who has normal/dry skin loves this with the Maybellien BB cream which ALSO doesn't work with oily/combo skin. save your money, because you're going to be so disappointed. Doesn't set your makeup or keep you skin free. Just no.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by BaronessaGinevra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good for touch-ups, but has a slight-yet-still-noticeable scent - can't describe it but I'm not overly fond of it. Color 125 (nude beige) is a nice fair (pale) shade with pinkish undertones that works pretty well with my skin. I believe I'll try another pressed powder though as there are plenty to choose from in this price range.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Trillia

I tried to wash the makeup pad it comes with and it fell apart, a little disappointed about that, but otherwise great.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Sexandtwinkies

Unlike other people have mentioned, this product doesn't make me 'shimmer' or makes me look 'too glittery' I'm half filipino half mexican. So my skin tone shade is 320 Honey. I only really get oily faced on my T-zone, or when I get sweaty which is often since I live in Florida. This does a great job of reducing shine, just a few swipes with the pad it comes with and my face looks really matte, just flawless. I pair this with the concealer from the line as well and it works pretty good, coming from an avid mineral makeup user. IT DOES however, wear off fast, I used to re-apply a good amount of times, which i wasn't a fan of but It does a good job and never broke me out so I thought it was fine. It doesn't look caked either. I've probably bought this for 2 years straight, buying 4 in total, but again I don't use makeup daily so the usage might depend on you.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by gfoxvb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I first got this product I was in a hurry and quickly grabbed something in my shade. Well big mistake on my part on grabbing this. It doesn't have a nice coverage. It goes away so quickly. And to top it all off I look like I've smeared glitter across my face whenever I wear this. I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

If you like illuminating products with shimmer in them, then this may rock your boat! It's way too sparkly for me and made my pores more obvious looking. It oxidizes within the first hour of wearing it and looks so cakey! My face appeared as though I slapped a powder puff across it, just not natural looking whatsoever. Maybellines Dream Matte Pressed Powder is much better, my HG! Try that instead.