Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)

on 12/6/2014 9:59:00 PM

I have severe cystic acne and am 18 years old. My skin is very irregular at the moment, considering I am currently experiencing an initial breakout from Ortho Tri-Cyclen, some dry patches of skin from Epiduo, yet still retaining enormous amounts of oil on my nose. Since I am so desperate for coverage of my horrible acne scars and (slowly shrinking) cysts, I've used every kind of drug store foundation out there. I moisturize my skin and prime it before makeup every morning to keep the dry flakes from appearing and the excess oil from shining up my face. Then I just pat on this product all over my trouble areas (also slowly shrinking) and then powder my whole face, focussing on the troubled areas. It works quite well for me! Great coverage, not perfect but I really don't believe that there is a concealer out there that could actually cover ALL OF the problems my skin has. I used to apply this concealer to my problem areas and then a foundation on top of my whole face but the way the layers sat on my skin just didn't look right. Really the concealer stick was all I needed. I didn't need to clog more pores with foundation on top of skin that was just fine. This concealer blends well too so there isn't a huge seam between makeup and uncovered skin.
My makeup routine is as follows:
Rinse face with water (because my skin becomes too dry when i use cleanser in the morning and night)
Apply moisterizer and SPF
Apply neutragenas shine control primer
Apply this concealer with the wand from the bottle in dots on my problem areas (cheeks, chin, tip of nose and between brows) and blend them with a beauty sponge.
Dust powder over face.

This method covers my scars quite nicely and I'm very happy with it! The only downside to it is that the packaging is so small and it's very difficult to get all the product out of the bottle since you only have your little wand attached to the lid to scoop it out.
I use the 15 color because it doesn't have as many pinkish tones as the 10, which is supposedly the lighter shade.
Best thing I've used! I try not too spend too much money on makeup so I am limited to drug store products and this item is the best I've used so far. Highly recommend!

on 12/5/2014 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is the first concealer I've tried (aside from the Green coverstick corrector). I have the shade 'Sand/Sable' 20. I think I got it for about $9 AUD with the Priceline 40% sale.

It does a great job at covering medium redness I get across my cheeks, nostrils and chin whilst still looking quite natural. It is quite co-operative and easy to blend out as well, with the formula not being overly liquid-y or thick. My skin (normal-dry, dehydrated) has been fairly tame lately, so I haven't had the chance to try it out on a blemish. The pigmentation and coverage is sweet and it holds up well over for a whole day (8-10 hours).

Usually I'm not a fan of doe-foot applicators (just purely because there's always a bit of product at the end you just can't get >:( ) I, but this one is a good length for the container to be able to scoop everything up.

I really, like, ultra love the outer packaging design: very minimalistic and stylish. The black lid and foundation contrast perfectly and I like how the Maybelline logo is printed near the bottom of the rectangular tube. Ahem, but yeah, great concealer for the price!

on 12/5/2014 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have recently been searching for a good concealer, my friends recently bought this product so I was willing to give it a go! Overall I'm happy with this product, it's a nice colour for highlighting and for the dark circles under my eyes, it wears really well during the day! I do notice it creases a little under my eyes where I have too main wrinkles, but that's fine to me as I swear so concealer will hide them. I have the shade Light. Applies really well!

on 12/2/2014 7:54:00 PM

This concealer is kind of overrated. It covers my under eye circles if I apply 2-3 layers and blend, which sucks. It does an okay job of brightening though. The colour choices aren't a big variety though. I'll buy again, until I find something better...

on 11/30/2014 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I do like this concealer, but I there are too many cons for me to repurchase it.

The first thing I'm not a fan of about the Fit Me line is the colouring. I'm very pale, and yes, I'm aware that makeup companies tend to not cater as well to the extremely pale or extremely dark, but considering that the whole gist of this line is to match perfectly to one's skin tone, I would think that a lighter product is not impossible. Anyway, I ran into the same problem with this concealer that I did when I purchased the foundation (way back when). I have the lightest shade, and in the tube it looks very light, but when applied on the skin it's a bit...orange.

I wore this as an undereye concealer, and it did perform very nicely in that regard, but as mentioned I would have preferred a lighter colour. I set it with a translucent powder and it did not crease all day. It settled into my (very) fine lines slightly, but that's something that every concealer/foundation I've ever tried does. It's not noticeable unless you stick your face right up in my face, so I don't consider it a huge issue.

I did try to conceal a blemish with this, and it lasted for a while before sort of rubbing off. This is definitely a product I'd recommend for under the eyes and not concealing blemishes. For blemished skin, MAC's Pro Longwear Concealer is the best I've tried.

This was on sale when I bought it, but even so it's really not too expensive. Not a fan of the applicator, but you can prevent spreading germs by applying it onto a clean hand instead of directly onto your face.

All in all, if you have a shade in this line that matches you, then this is a lovely concealer and is comparable to some of the higher end brands. Slap it under the eyes, set it with your favourite powder, and it looks lovely all day! If you're a tofu beast like me, then maybe pass up on this one.

on 11/30/2014 1:06:00 PM

I use this concealer everyday and it works great! The shade is perfect for my fair, yellow undertoned skin, and looks very natural while covering up dark circles. If you like the natural look this product is for you, but it isn't very thick or creamy. The only negative thing I have on this product is that in the summer when my skin is oily the product creases like crazy, but in the winter it barely creases at all so it's better suited for dry/normal skin.

Overall amazing product!

on 11/29/2014 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great concealer! I was very surprised. I love love love my nars creamy radiant concealer, but this is a great option for quick everyday makeup looks because it's very inexpensive and does almost as good as that concealer. I reach for this on quick and easy days. Very impressed with the performance!

on 11/19/2014 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Lovely product. I have this in the shade medium and this blends nicely into my nc20 skin. It won't brighten my under eye area which is fine by me. I'm not a fan of that brightened look. This is an every workhorse. It applies smoothly, has excellent pigmentation, blends perfectly and doesn't crease or fade during the day. Finish is natural and doesn't emphasize my "chicken skin" . I don't like to use this on my face since I am more prone to touching it and this won't dry like my mac prolong wear concealer does.

All in all this is a great concealer. For the price this is a steal!

on 11/19/2014 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't know if I'm putting this concealer on correctly or not, but it isn't doing a very good job covering my spots and dark circles. Plus it's not verly long-lasting. What I like about it though is the consistency and that it almost doesn't cake or crease. Still, I havent been using it for a very long so I hope it'll prove me wrong.

on 11/18/2014 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I used to use Age Rewind AOTT but the packaging kept breaking & getting on my nerves so I decided to try this. I'm glad I did because this is awesome!
Age Rewind is quite sheer and illuminating. Fit Me also has some illumination but is much thicker (but def not Hard Candy Glamoflague level). I used to use Age Rewind in Fair and found that Fit Me in 15 was a good match.
I swiped this on any areas that need it & use my EcoTools Airbrush Concealer brush to blend.
While this is not "OMG THE BEST THING EVER", I am quite content with it & do plan to repurchase it in the future.