Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Maybelline has apparently become my go-to for drugstore-priced undereye concealers. I've got a tube of this stuff, the Instant Age Rewind Eraser for dark circles and the Dream Lumi Touch. And you know what? They're all pretty good!

Of the three, the eraser is the one I'm most likely to use (love the sponge applicator; could've been a silly gimmick but it's the easiest thing to use ever). If I feel like I need more brightening, I'll go with this or the Dream Lumi as an additional layer. No real good reason why I choose one over the other on a given day although the effects are quite different (this is darker and a bit more neutral/warm; the Lumi is pinker and more brightening).

I use all three primarily for concealing dark circles BTW (one of my primary skincare concerns, because they are dark! If I'm lazy about concealer, people definitely notice and are inclined to comment on how tired I apparently look. Thanks for noticing, guys! :P).

I have a Revlon concealer in stick form that works better when I need something thicker/longer-lasting on my nose when I need a quick touch up in that area. None of the Maybelline concealers stick to my nose well enough for that, although the Fit Me would probably be the most robust in terms of overall coverage of the Maybelline products mentioned.

Anyway, Fit Me is a great light-to-medium coverage concealer and the doe foot makes it very easy to apply. It's not a dupe for NARS for me (the shade range there is just too excellent and it's definitely creamier and more concealing) but Fit Me is a much better value if you can find a good shade match.

Speaking of which, one odd thing is that what should be the lightest shade if you're going by number (Light/10) actually looks darker in the tube than the next one numerically (Fair/15). I don't know if that's the case in practice as well or if it's just a strange wet vs. dry quirk; I ended up picking up Light because most of the stores I tried were out of Fair. Light seems a little too dark for me so next time I'll pick up Fair and see if that's a little brighter.

And jeez, this stuff is way harder to find in-store than it should be. Maybe this is San Francisco-specific but almost every Walgreens I tried was out of most of the shades. So was BB&B. So much pillaging and plunder in the Fit Me section. Blargh!

on 6/29/2015 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I am shocked by how fast I've been going through this--after 5 months, I'm about halfway through, which is a big accomplishment for me. I use this daily under my eyes in the Fair shade and I find that I get the best coverage from patting it in with my finger--a sponge sheers it out too much. I really like the packaging because the wand makes it super easy to apply. My natural skin is so light that this shade does not perform as a brightener but that's fine with me since I prefer subtle makeup and I am most concerned about hiding dark circles. I can use this same shade to cover blemishes on my face. I will definitely repurchase!

on 6/29/2015 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Very good concealer. I'm not sure it's quite as good as my MAC Prolongwear but for the price, it certainly is good enough for everyday use so I can save my MAC. Blends easily, covers well, both undereye and blemishes. The only complaint I have is that it's on a lip gloss type wand, so bacteria can get in the tube. My daughter often uses my concealer and it'd be so much more hygenic if it was in a squeeze tube or something. I gave her her own tube and I'm tossing mine. It's not completely gone but I've gotten my money out of it and I hate using something under my eyes that probably has bacteria in it. I will repurchase but am working through other concealers in my stash right now.

on 6/28/2015 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ok so I only bought this because of all the raves on line and on Emily Noel's youtube.
And everything they say is true. I use this under my eye area. It is outstanding and is a great find.

Affordable, but very good quality. I'd say a medium/full coverage - not as thick as the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, but the coverage is amazing.

I have found this creases a bit under my eyes, but is perfect for any redness or blemishes. I love this product and have repurchased this.

on 6/24/2015 1:57:00 PM

This was one of my first concealers. It is a good price (just under ten dollars where I live). This is creamy and comparable to the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (but with less coverage). If you have a lot of problem areas I recommend the Maybelline Master Studio Full Coverage Concealer. However, if you just have light blemishes or under eye dark circles, this will work well for you. I recommend to those wanting a light/medium coverage with average color selection. Plus, if you are very very fair (like myself), the fair shade will actually work for you.

on 6/24/2015 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Amazing full coverage, long lasting drugstore consealer.

on 6/22/2015 8:46:00 PM

Love this concealer! It's creamy and blends easily. I would definitely repurchase!

on 6/22/2015 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This concealer wasn't really working for me. It didn't provide any coverage. I have acne scars/some dark spots and this didn't really cover it well. I suppose this concealer is for those who don't really have imperfections maybe just dark circles under the eyes.

on 6/21/2015 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is an ok concealer. It works alright if you don't have much to hide. I was trying to cover a red acne scar and had to keep on applying it to cover the redness somewhat and within a few hours had to reapply. I don't like the applicator not very sanitary I prefer the once that come in a tube like packaging.