August 21, 2014 | 1549 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by lollycat99

This isn't actually as bad as ppl made it out to be. I just recently picked it up and at first, I expected it to be greasy and oily and overly dewy but it wasn't. It just had a nice sheen to it, which was nice. I applied it using 4 different ways, my beauty blender, my fingers, my elf studio flat top powder brush and my sigma f80. And I much prefer it with the the sigma brush. Another thing I like about this foundation is that it's lightweight and not too heavy feeling on my skin. For the price it's a great deal!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Brooklynetallene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Can this please get a pump in the US?! Other than the messy packaging, the foundation is super Dewey so oily skin people stayyyy away!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this foundation in 115 and for reference I am a neutral NW15. I've been test driving a lot of face products recently because my skin is dry and rather dull. I am looking for something dewy and moisturizing.

First this is, in my opinion only suited for dry skin ladies. If you are even a little oily I might steer clear. I am dry and I don't powder and the one time I do powder I use a dewy finishing powder. This after all day wear with no powder made me shiney! So I can't imagine someone oily. This would probably melt off.

This applies beautiful and sits beautiful and I truly love this finish. I think I can get away with it in the warmer months as well if I pair this with my MAC mineralize skin finish. I also love the concealer in Fit Me. Having said that I also LOVE Maybelline!

The packaging sucks. Pour with caution. Apply with a soft kabuki. I use my trusted Real Techniques buffing brush. Personally and very honestly I will purchase this foundation because it give me the exact effect I want. I also use Dior Air flash wish I LOVE....and Revlon Color stay and this foundation will likely be my go to when I alternate by Dior (so expensive I use sparingly) and will probably replace my color stay at this rate even though color stay has much better staying power. Give it a shot, love it or hate it's cheap enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely stuff. I'm hesitant to yell "HG," though I do always find myself reaching for this for foundation. I suppose it is somewhat of a saving grace for me on terms of matching my difficult skin tone.

Maybelline's Fit Me foundation is moderately light-feeling, has a dewy finish, is nice and easy to work with, and comes in a huge variety of shades for even the lightest skin tones. Packaging is just all right, being usable and fully functional is what matters most. I never did like the screw-on caps because the foundation tends to dry and yellow around the mouth of the bottle, though besides that, it does do the job fine. I'm only nit-picking now!

My skin is more pale and bluer-toned for even MAC's fairest foundation to match, so finding something light enough for me has been a nightmare for years. Even the lightest shade of most every professional or drugstore foundation shows up yellow. If you're at all familiar with this problem, definitely try this foundation.

I'm eighteen and am not easily prone to break-outs, so personally, heavy coverage/wrinkle diminishing aren't what I look for in a foundation. I tend to flush embarrassingly easily when I get warm or move about too much, so I only need something simple to cover redness and even my skin while being gentle. No bells and whistles needed.

Unfortunately, it still quite easily wipes off if you accidentally bump your face or rest on a pillow or some such, so I'd recommend some sort of sealing powder(not familiar with any myself.) Lasts about 4-6 hours with minimal touching/smearing, though can sweat right off before the day's done if you aren't at all careful with it.

I will be honest and say that this does clog my sensitive pores if I don't give my skin a day's break of make-up after a few days or so. My cheeks in particular tend to get a bit more clogged than usual, though some face-wash and a day without painting my face at all will put my skin right back to normal. Ah, the price of beauty!

In all, a good, easily-accessible foundation for sensitive skin. Has its flaws here and there with the clogging, though then again, our skin isn't initially made to be covered up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation works pretty well. It's a bit sheer, but still evens out my skin and looks nice. I won't be buying this again because I think I can probably get something that will match my skin better, but if I not for that I would have no complaints. The product itself worked fine for me as long as I set it with powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by 8bitAmes

I quite like this foundation. I'm more of a BB cream / tinted moisturizer kind of gal, but this is nice for a medium-coverage drugstore foundation, and you cannot go wrong with the vast selection of shades. The coverage is nice, not cake or too heavy and blends well into my skin. I finished with a loose setting powder and my skin looked amazing and natural. The bottle is a pain in the arse. It's glass and I'm super clumsy and you have to pour it out. I prefer a squeezy tube. Overall, I like it but the packaging is sub par.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Snoowhite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Not sure why people are complaining about this, I've been using it for years and love it. Much better than the other cheap drug store foundations. The wide range of shades are great and the classic ivory is not orangey or pinkish but matched my skin great. I pour an even amount into the lid and dip my brush in and go, it's really not that difficult. I set the foundation with the Nude by nature mineral powder lightly and it last the day for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

So this foundation boasts that it is "skin tone matching". That's sort of where my problem lies. I have very fair skin, yes, however I like my foundation slightly darker to add a bit of colour to my skin. The lightest colour in the store was 115 ivory, which I bought, and I also purchased the 120 classic ivory. They DO have a shade called 'porcelain' available in the Fit Me range which you can purchase online but is hard to find and more expensive. The 120 was extremely orange, so I am giving it away. I am trying to get the 115 to work, but I am still finding it orange, which is extremely disappointing. I am using powders to blend it to my skin as well and the colour still doesn't feel right so I cannot advise people with light skin to buy this because it just doesn't match. The product is very runny, and looks patchy on my skin - which is probably because the colour is too orange! The coverage is light to medium, I have acne and acne scarring which isn't covered by this product alone, but with a concealer and powder it's okay. A lot of people are saying this product is oily. I have oily/combination/acne prone skin, and I haven't really had too much of an issue with the oil factor. I use a powder over this foundation which must be soaking up all the oil. HOWEVER I have noticed my eyelids have gotten quite oily from this product - because I do put foundation on my eyelids (plus I HAVE to to make this product blend into my skin tone), so I guess I'll have to put powder on my lids too. Also, this product smells very strong of sunscreen, which I can even sort of smell on my skin.

Overall, I don't know. If you have tanned/darker skin and not much of an issue with acne, then I think this product could be quite good! But if you are pale you will struggle with matching the skin tone, and if you want to cover your acne or have full coverage, this product isn't really for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by moonstonebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not my favorite foundation. I honestly like the bottle and it didn't do anything bad which is good since my skin is quite sensitive, however I don't find it something I would repurchase. It has such a great color range in my opinion and I love that, not many other foundations have colors that suit me as well as this did (310 Sun Beige - NC40/42 MAC) but what I don't really like is how overly dewy it is, which is great for dry skin types like mine but I still found it to have light coverage, horrible lasting power and it just rubbed off during the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by bmacieje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this 2 years ago (2012) and I liked it and did not. I wore it everyday to school and every time I went out. Back then i had deep scarring and the occasional pimples on my chin and forehead. I also have very bad dark circle under my eyes, insanely dark! But in all honesty, I only wore because I wanted to use up the product and move on to something else. Looking back though I would purchase this again but the lightest shade (110) and test it out on my face again.

Pros:
- Gives medium coverage to my skin, including under my eyes
- There is enough of this product to last you at least 6 months and I used a lot of it back in the day.
- The colour matches pretty well with skin tone (I have a cool under tone)
- Cheap in cost (less than $10)
- Does not oxidize so much

Cons:
- This stays on my face all day but it doesn't at the same time. When I wore this in the winter, my makeup would rub off at the slightest touch onto my turtle neck sweaters and even my coat. It is not good to wear this foundation on its own, you must apply powder on top!
- this melts on your face if you have oily skin.
- The bottle is crap. You got to tilt it until the foundation pours out. I just began dipping a small brush into the bottle and applied it to my face.