October 21, 2014 | 1873 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Tako2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first I thought jojoba oil was keeping my skin clear. I was wrong. A few weeks after using it as a moisturizer (I was only using a few drops), my skin was getting HORRIBLY clogged every few days. I've always had issues with clogged pores, but this time it was ridiculous. My face also became way too shiny halfway into the day whenever I used jojoba oil to moisturize. It seems like it works well enough for a lot of people, but if you have issues with clogged pores be very wary of jojoba oil. Also, the packaging of the Desert Essence product made it very easy to let a bit too much slip out, and when it comes to jojoba oil a little bit goes a long way, so you don't necessarily want to accidentally use too much of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by MaryFran

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my bosses suggested I use jojoba oil for my sensitive skin. She said it can even help with hair loss in some cases. I picked up a bottle and have kept it in stock ever since. I find it works best when I put it on right before I get out of the shower. My face is less oily than before, and I don't break out. The only drawback is the packaging. As others have stated, the bottle isn't great.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by mimepanda

I starte using jojoba oil as a part of a mixture alongside grapeseed and castor oils for an oil cleansing mixture. When the castor oil gave me the most horrific break out my face had ever seen, I gave up on that and threw the bottle away. However I did keep the jojoba oil to use as a moisturizer. I find the oil is a bit too light to be used alone as when I put it on at night I wake up in the morning with tight, dry skin. However if I mix a few drops into whatever moisturizer I am using for the night, I wake up with plump, dewy skin. It doesn't seem to have helped my acne a lot, but it didn't break me out either. I really like this when mixed with other moisturizers but would only use it at night as it leaves my face oily for a while if I use it in the morning.

Packaging is the weak point here as it's nearly impossible to travel with the bottle once it's been opened (I rely on a lot of Saran wrap and plastic baggies), it is hard to dole out an exact amount of oil without spilling some and the plastic bottle falls over quite easily. However I paid only $9 for a bottle and it lasted me over a year so the price is quite acceptable.

Overall, would recommend especially to those who have dry or sensitive skin. It didn't work miracles on my acne but didn't exacerbate it, and I do feel it helps a lot with giving me glowing, moisturized skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by cyens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very sensitive skin, most commercial lotion and soap give me really bad skin irritation or break out. I've been making my own cosmetics for a while now for these reasons, but I never can my lotion for my face that isn't too oily/thick. So I decided to try using jojoba oil pure as a face moisturizer, after reading in a book that it as the same consistency as skin sebum. Its amazing! I've been using this for about 4 years now and it perfect. I apply one or two drops to my face aright after washing it with sls free soap, and toning it with witch hazel distillate ( with a few added drops of vegetable glycerin ).
I use this more during the winter than the summer, as my face gets really dry from the harsh Canadian winters mixed the drying heat of my electric heaters. It really balances everything.
I also been using this jojoba oil on my piercing and my stretchers. It really helped the healing process.
UPDATE: I finished my bottle and I repurchased organic oil from a soap /lotion making supplier because it was cheaper. But Desert essence is still a fantastic product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by shandwork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this oil. It is moisturizing and so far hasn't clogged my pores. No irritation at all, and no lingering greasy feel. Soothing and great price. My only complaint would be the packaging, a dropper bottle would be nicer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by iamtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my eye makeup remover, and I love it. I put a drop on a cotton ball and wipe off mascara, liner and shadow, then another drop on the other side for my other eye. If I have any smears while applying makeup, I just dab a bit on a q-tip to clean it right up. It keeps the delicate eye area nice and moisturized, and it doesn't hurt if you get a little in your eye or on your contacts. I really don't see myself going back to a chemical remover - this one works great for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by cicifran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love jojoba oil... I massage about 3-4 drops on my face at night after using my clarisonic and I wake up with a fresh looking moisturized face! I've been using this stuff for about 2 years and would call it a HG for me esp since I live in a dry desert climate. When I moved to Japan for the summer I did find myself using this significantly less because of the high humidity levels.

Definitely try it if the weather is overwhelmingly dry!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by princesssaras

Doesn't make you breat out, a great natural moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by jaci2017

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dry skin and this has helped so much, I use it everyday and it makes my skin so soft. To make a scrub I mix it with some sugar until its the consistency of wet sand and use that once a week to remove dead skin, for my body I mix it with sea salt because it's a little rougher.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by meli1306

this oil is soooo great! i love it! i use it all the time everywhere of my body. you would think why would you use oil all over??? well its like your natural body's oil and and does not leave an oily feeling at all. it helps alot with people that break out due to dry skin bc this oil helps it balance it out! i got it on iherb.com and it $10 but if you use this code QAH882 you get $5 off your first order. this website is great and has soooo many items! dont forget to use the code in whatever you buy on iherb.com!!