July 28, 2014 | 2074 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by jaci2017

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dry skin and this has helped so much, I use it everyday and it makes my skin so soft. To make a scrub I mix it with some sugar until its the consistency of wet sand and use that once a week to remove dead skin, for my body I mix it with sea salt because it's a little rougher.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by meli1306

this oil is soooo great! i love it! i use it all the time everywhere of my body. you would think why would you use oil all over??? well its like your natural body's oil and and does not leave an oily feeling at all. it helps alot with people that break out due to dry skin bc this oil helps it balance it out! i got it on iherb.com and it $10 but if you use this code QAH882 you get $5 off your first order. this website is great and has soooo many items! dont forget to use the code in whatever you buy on iherb.com!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Camillian74

Love this jojoba oil..use it on body and hair..use it to tan..I even put it in my girls bubble bath to keep their skin soft :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by cheesecakeagain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did not have a good experience with this Jojoba oil. My skin typically breaks out from commercial moisturizers so I tried using a bit of this oil instead. It moisturized my skin well but after using it for several days, I noticed cystic-type acne appearing on my face. I didn't connect the oil and continued using it, but the breakouts got worse.

When I concluded the oil was not working for my face, I tried to use it in my dry hair. This resulted in the same cystic-type breakout on my back.

I know that this works very well for some people but be cautious, especially if you skin breaks out easily.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Jojoba oil! It's good when you need a little extra moisture, and it's excellent for keeping your hair healthy! I've been adding it to my conditioner and my hair has been amazing! It's pretty amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by nellja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Using it as a makeup/sunscreen remover. Amazing for that, in conjunction with Clean & Clear' Oil Free Makeup Removing foam/cleanser. Only recently started w the jojoba; so far, has not instigated a breakout.

update: this stuff is great, zero breakouts in the past few weeks. totally would have by now if it were going to. i revisited a sunscreen that previously broke me out, and this has made all the difference. but i have a feeling my clean & clear cleanser is fully half the win, there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Beautifulswan007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this ! I use this as a moisturizer everyday except for extremely, dry cold winter days (when I need an extra cream) and it works perfectly ! It makes my skin smooth and glowy. I will probably use this forever. Best of all it is 100 natural with no extra ingredients/fragrances/or chemicals. I have normal but very sensitive skin and this has never caused any irritation or breakouts! In fact I am sure it helps keep break outs at bay. I especially love to use this as an everyday moisturizer in the summer because it always feel clean and light. After I get out of the shower I just carefully pour out 1 DROP for my whole face and gently pat/massage it into my skin. Make sure you don't use more than a small drop to avoid looking shiny! Sidenote: Try this out under makeup before you go out or anything to see if it works for you. I realized on the days I wear foundation I use Estee Lauder's Daywear cream because this doesn't always make my foundation look so great. If it works for you under makeup then great but if you have drier skin you may need to use a cream under foundation. I would still suggest using this as a night time moisturizer even if you can't wear it under your makeup everyday! :-) Your skin will love this stuff !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Right... so it's taken me years and god knows how many 100s or 1000s of to find that my "HG" moisturiser was jojoba oil (or as I call it "nectar of the gods" haha!). Really, it is amazing. It sorted my skin out in 1 day (it was dehydrated, flaky and I had tiny bumps around my forehead and chin). I applied it in the afternoon and now I'm sitting in bed at night feeling my skin in disbelief. It feels soo soft and looks so glowy and clear - i almost can't believe the skin I woke up to this morning! Best part is it's 100% natural, no chemical nasties in it like parabens, silicones, parfum etc. as I have sensitive skin that is easily irritated and clogged. Oh, and it's so cheap... which makes me so annoyed to think I have spent more than 10 x more on 1 tub of creme de la mer which is not as good as this! Plus, I love how the skin soaks it right up - apparently because this mimics the skins own natural sebum. For that reason, I only apply 1-2 drops to my combi skin. Any more might run the risk of causing breakouts I would think. Also make sure to apply this on a damp face, not dry. My AM routine is either wash with Cetaphil or Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant then pat this on until dry. Sometimes I just mist my face with Avene Spring Water and then apply the oil. Who would have thought adding oil to the face makes the skin behave!? I would have pictured congested skin & cystic acne galore! But no, it really is a wonder product - I also use it on hair, cuticles, dry patches like elbows; it's very versatile. Read up on it and you'll find out many more properties like the fact bacteria cannot survive in it and its ability to unclog pores. Really amazing - I urge anyone reading this to try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by emma1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i dropped all expensive products full of chemical nasties and went for the natural stuff. my skin was oily, red, congested, full of blackheads/whiteheads and i was breaking out regularly. I'm 17 so i thought that was just my teenage bad skin phase, but then i did research actually about what benefits my skin.

as a moisturizer i use a mixture of pure jojoba oil & cocunut oil. the word 'oil' freaked me out but the results are like no other (google both or just look on makeup alley). i tone with lemon juice and i use a clay mask once a week.

My skin is now normal, i have no spots or scars, i breakout about once a month but only very little, my skin tone is completely even & i dont need to wear foundation anymore (but i do anyway sometimes).

amazing results.. not just on skin. try or nourishing hair, dry skin patches, makeup remover etc

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by ciaobellakate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Probably my most favorite beauty product ever. I use pure Australian jojoba oil and love buying this stuff in bulk 500mL bottles. I discovered the benefits of jojoba after a severe bout of acne and was literally at the end of my tether. I went online and read all of the good reviews, figured my skin was bad enough already and that I had nothing to lose, and bought a bottle and slathered some straight on to my blemishes. My skin began to feel soft, no longer tight, and less congested. In conjunction with the ocp and antibiotics my acne completely cleared within 2 months!

I have been using it now for 3 years and LOVE it. On my face I use it as an eye makeup remover, cleanser and moisturizer. A few drops on a wet face is sufficient so a little goes a long way. Use a little more for makeup removal, with a wet face cloth gently massaging in circular motions. This method is also great for any dry flakes.

I also use it as a hair treatment, cuticle oil, body moisturizer, shaving medium, massage oil. I add some in a bath with a few drops of lavender.

If you haven't tried jojoba, you are seriously missing out!