Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 1/4/2012 1:20:00 PM

I originally bought this product because I get very oily skin and when wearing a liquid foundation alone my skin looks very gross by the end of the day.
Applying this product is like splashing cool water on your face. It was very enjoyable for me.
I use this everyday as my regular makeup routine. I apply their lightest tone over PhotoReady 001 Ivory foundation for a very nice, matte appearance.
Although it does shimmer a bit, it is not overwhelming. I do not look like a glitterbomb. And while I do continue to shed sparkles all day, it has never been a problem for me.

I would recommend this.

on 1/4/2012 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I'm actually quite surprised by the negative comments for this! I bought it on a whim out of a desire for translucent powder. I don't wear actual foundation because I feel cakey and greasy, so I usually just cover my under-eye circles and any pimples, powder up, and call it a day. This definitely serves my purposes. I've used this for a few weeks now, and I really don't see these sparkles that are supposedly in it. I like the light coverage and the cooling feeling. I do need to reapply later, but I'm used to that. However, the brush it comes with kind of sucks except for specific placement, which I do to set my under-eye concealer. I just use a regular powder brush and all is well. EDIT: An issue I have encountered, however, is that it can settle into my pores and look cakey sometimes. Ew!

on 12/30/2011 5:24:00 PM

i got this of course for the whole "refreshed feeling" thing the product swears by, and the first times i used it, i did feel it, and it was pretty nice! the coverage is great, lasts all day, and isn't shiny (at least for me). the only reason i gave it 4 stars was because i no longer feel the cooling sensation anymore. I guess it only works the first few times :c

on 12/28/2011 5:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I am so disappointed in Revlon. Colorstay Aqua is a horrible let down from the original Colorstay Mineral Powder. I used to use the original mineral powder all the time. It gave the right amount of light coverage and minimised pores. The Aqua is super shiny. It exgagerates every pore and wrinkle and makes me look like I'm walking around with a shiny layer of moondust on my face. I hate it and cannot understand why Revlon had to change a perfectly good formula. Thumbs down.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I swear by Revlon's mineral foundations, and I was a heavy user of the original Colorstay mineral powder. Well, when it was discontinued, I was too nervous to try a new brand, so I went with this Aqua thing.

The first time I used it, the damp feeling it had freaked me out, but I got used to it very quickly.

The coverage is alright, though I wish it was a little more. It is also pretty shimmery, which has its pros and cons; it catches attention, but you find everything you touch has glitter on it, even later in the day.

Fairly good product, just wish they went to the regular formula...

on 12/12/2011 4:31:00 AM

I had this product tried on me by a revlon lady who i booked an appointment with for a "make-over". I will say that this foundation didn't stand much of a chance for me as the lady applied a shade that was much too dark and thus i walked away looking like an oompa loompa . Anyways she reccomended it to me because it was something new and she said that the coconut water in this would be very good for my skin, well i wouldnt say that as this product was very cakey and there is also glitter in this foundation (i was a vampire oompa loompa) so that combined with the cakeyness of the product equals bad skin in my books. it also has a clunky container which i can totally see cracking, not to mention the price! NZD$45 where i live!!

on 12/6/2011 7:02:00 AM

definitely NOT medium coverage. it evens out the complexion but it covers nothing. you have to use a separate kabuki brush for this. probably good for people with great skin. it doesnt break me out tho and i like how it feels when i put it on.

on 11/30/2011 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is the best stuff ever! so cheap! it isnt shiny at all.. it makes my skin appear less oily and it covers all marks if you apply it right. for those who say it is cakey, you obviously suck at applying makeup. try using the "pur" mineral brush!

on 11/11/2011 4:50:00 PM

I purchased this only because Ulta was having a Buy Two Get One free sale, and I am always on the lookout for new powder/foundation makeup. I use the ColorStay pressed powder every day, so I thought I'd try this. I immediately came home and was reading the reviews and thought I may have made a mistake. But I am sooooo loving this stuff! I bought the Light Medium color, and I do not see any sparkles everyone here talks about. It took a little bit of getting used to the water-y, cool feel of it. But I found that if I lightly tap it on with a foundation brush, then sweep it evenly and quickly, then follow up with my pressed powder, I have the most flawless skin! First day I used it my boyfriend said I looked like I was glowing. And he NEVER says things like that. I even got a compliment at my dentist's office on how pretty my skin was. So yeah, I am loving this combo. I will stock up on all of these while I can, because I have a feeling it won't be around too long because of all these negative comments. I have a fair complexion, and very oily skin, and this seems to be my saving grace.

on 11/10/2011 9:32:00 PM

Overall, not a big fan of this product. I have oily skin so I usually use a powder foundation, and decided to try this one. The coverage isn't great, and I felt that I was just putting water all over my face, even though it was very dusty and powdery. It felt like a very gimmick-y product to me. :(