August 20, 2014 | 2003 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

I tried this product since I've been needing a pale and full coverage foundation.
    It is very pale which is good, not many companies make a pale foundation, there is no orange tinge in the lightest shade.
    It isn't full coverage like some people say - I have very light freckles and it doesn't cover those completely they still peek through, so you'll need a concealer if you have any acne scars or blemishes.
    By the end of the day wearing this, it goes very flaky and dry, I have normal skin I don't have any oily areas or any dryness, you'll need to wear a moisturizer and primer is a must with this, to prevent it flaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Ksmith1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The packaging SUCKS! Now that i got that out of my system I'm gonna say this is better then foundations i bought for prices ranging from $20 to $50! My skin is really oily and i needed a new foundation that was cheaper then the Clinique even better and the Clinique oily skin series which is what i had been using. The foundation is great i really love it and I'm so happy i bought this. This is well worth the price and i just use it with a damp sponge and I'm all set. I would definitely buy this again. I just hope the add a pump, it would be sooo much easier to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Leahcd

Bought this last summer and at the time i was looking for a medium coverage foundation. I first used it with a regular foundation brush and liked the results. It wasnt cakey, it blends nicely, one thing i didnt like a lot was that i felt that the texture was too oily. Not sure why... I picked the foundation for normal to combination skin. I used it a few times after that but never used it again after that summer, its still laying around somewhere in my makeup drawer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Aislingm11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A great foundation if you want good coverage without looking cakey.
    I found the normal/dry formulation perfect for dry skin.
    However, I'd love to see the packaging changed to a pump as it would be more convenient.
    Currently at 17.80 euro at boots, a more expensive 'drugstore' foundation but ultimately well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Priscillarys

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. My skin tends to get oily with many foundations although my skin isn't so oily it's more combination so when I tried this product I didn't know there were different types based on your skin, if I would have known this I wouldn't had gotten combination/oily so I was like NOOOOO when I realized I picked up the one for dry skin because I thought it would be more Dewey and make my skin oily but no! It's so perfect! It did not make me oily it kept my skin very nice and soft, I LOVE IT! it's feels so light on your skin! As a Mac user for years I found that this foundation as far as coverage works just like macs foundation and u really only need a little bit and it's so beautiful when nicely blended which blends in very well! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by rachelmacfarlanexo

Terrible. I have acne prone skin and this did not work for me at all! Pros- lasts long. Cons- cakey, very heavy, broke me out, hard to wash off, clogs pores, defines dry spots, oxidized on my skin, Many people love this, although it didn't work on my acne prone skin. Will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by KellyLee1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation! It doesn't hurt that my shade (Nude) is a PERFECT match for my skin. I don't use this all over (I really don't like the "all over foundation" look) but it covers my undereye circles like nothing else ever has, and I've tried plenty of different concealers over the years.

It also stays put. It doesn't rub off on my glasses much at all, which was a BIG surprise. Despite wearing glasses constantly, my Colorstay-stays. It looks as good at the end of the day as it did at the beginning, and I am demanding on my makeup.

Even though a lot of people hate the packaging, I don't mind it at all. A pump would probably be better, but I don't have any issue using it as it is- I just wash my hands first(!) put my finger over the top of the bottle, turn it upside down to get some on my finger and transfer that to the back of my hand to use as a palette. Works every time with minimal waste. The glass bottle feels very solid and probably wouldn't break even if dropped (not that I'm recommending you try that!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by macprincess15

This is one of the best foundations I've ever tried . Literally stained parts of my face and it too forever to get off but it lasts all day and gives a really nice finish. Only problem I have with this is that it doesn't come with a pump!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Waaterlilly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I did not like this product. It was cakey and rubbed off so easily. It made me feel dirty when ever I wore it. Also i have acne-prone/oily skin and just made it 10x worse. The only good thing was that it was long wearing but I could hardly stand to wear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by soyyomonica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this for my combination/oily tan skin. Whoop, whoop! Yup, I'm excited about this foundation. After searching and searching spending too much money on high end, low end, this is definitely my HG foundation. In my opinion this is way better than MAC Studio Fix Foundation because I get oilier with Mac than I do with Colortstay. I used my real technique foundation brush to apply and set it with Maybelline's Dream Matte Pressed powder. I stay matte all day using this regime. I love love love it. I totally recommend, I will repurchase!

For reference: I'm a nc40 and use 360 Golden caramel ( more of yellow undertone). I also bought 330 Natural tan, but it's more for a Neutral undertone also for nc40

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No