Cover Girl Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation  ] [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (2.6%), Octinoxate (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Cucumis Sativus Fruit (Cucumber), Glycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Talc, Propylene Glycol, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Wax (Jojoba), Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Juice, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Dimethicone, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance, Trideceth 9, Bisabolol, Lactic Acid, PEG 10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG 10, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides
Cover Girl's website suggests TRUBLEND LIQUID MAKEUP as a replacement to this product

on 7/29/2012 11:23:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

305 Alabaster

This is my first foundation, but it gives light coverage (like a tinted moisturizer), has SPF 10, and looks natural. I use it to even out my skin tone (redness and under eye circles).

on 7/19/2012 10:18:00 PM

I have really sensitive skin and am not normally a liquid foundation kind of girl. I love this product!

I've used this foundation for about 3 weeks now and my acne is almost completely cleared up. This does not clog your pores and is gentle on sensitive skin.

It's a medium coverage and as long as you use a translucent powder you won't get shiny.

this is amazing. i have slight redness around my cheeks, and maybe one acne spot, but this covers it. the coverage is light, just how i like it, and it has spf. i love it :)

on 7/16/2012 4:08:00 AM

I really like this foundation! I use it whenever I am running late and need to do my makeup routine quickly. A little product goes a long way (hence, I am okay with the small bottle) and its great coverage, and can be applied quickly and easily. Feels more like a tinted moisturizer to me than a foundation. I also wear this to work a lot, and even though I'm on my feet all day, climbing stairs and ladders, it stays put! However, past the typical 9-6 shift, it will start fading, so this isn't a 24 hours foundation or anything. It is not my HG foundation (my HG is the Revlon Colorstay), and not my first choice of foundation especially for a long day, but it will do just fine in a pinch, hence the 4 lippies. I also have to blot my t-zone with this, but I have to blot with any foundation so that isn't an issue for me. Will repurchase.

on 7/12/2012 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Great foundation. Great for very natural coverage while still concealing acne effectively. Does not break me out and has a dewy finish. Comes in a squeeze tube which is great to avoid getting fingers in the product. However, it does transfer and must be set with powder

on 7/11/2012 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I really like this foundation. I saw a review for it on Youtube and with summer coming up, I decided to try a new foundation seeing as I ran out of my previous one (Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid.) It goes on very smoothly and it looks very natural. I would say it's medium coverage. It feels very lightweight and does not make me break out. I always set my foundations with a powder (Stila) because no matter what I do, my T-zone will be oily in the summer. I have very fair skin and honestly I should have purchased the lightest shade but I like pretending like I can get away with a shade darker, so I bought the next one down and it doesn't make me look like I have a mask on but it gives me color--which is great! I would recommend this for all skin types, especially combo skin. My skin can be oily and flakey in the same areas and this does not make me more oily or show my flakey spots at all. It is very gentle on the skin, VERY smoothing, feels luxurious when you put it on and makes your face look like a dewey, smooth, glowing canvas. I love it. Also I am usually drawn to anything that says "natural" on it because these products tend to not irritate my skin.

on 7/10/2012 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Overall I really like this foundation. I was looking for something new so I figured Id give this a try. I love te packaging. You can easily squeeze the right amount out with no mess. I still need to find the right shade, it's a little more on the pink side. The texture is great, it leaves my skin smooth and pretty silky. It provides pretty good coverage (I don't have too many blemishes to cover though, just a few red places and the occasional zit). It easy to apply with your fingers, but Yesterday I tried it with a foundation brush (basic brush from e.l.f.) and I loved it. It was like my skin was airbrushed. My only problem with it is that I have fairly oily skin so ten mins after I've put it on my face is shiny. It's supposed to leave a dewy finish so it's understandable. I use a little of the Covergirl Clean Oil Control pressed powder over it and it's perfect. Not my HG foundation but it does the job.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very dry skin, like so dry that I get dry patches on my t-zone even, so I always go for sheer skin-like foundations that moisturize my skin and leave it looking/feeling dewy but also cover some redness on m cheeks. And this foundation does exactly that for $7! My HG foundation is Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. This foundation is pretty much as good - maybe not as good when it comes to staying power - but the look of it is pretty much the same and for $43 less. Can't say enough about this foundation. My perfect match was flax. Thought it would be too light but it sheers out beautifully. Could probably go up a shade if I get more tan. Would definitely recommend, not just for dry skin either, I feel like all skin types could wear this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love everything but ONE thing about this product.

PROS:
-glides on as smooth as butter
-blends into skin so beautiful
-natural/dewy finish on my normal skin
-hydrates my skin
-my skin ACTUALLY looks like skin
-doesn't clog pores
-spf
-hides any redness or acne
-doesn't matter what you apply it with, it will still look flawless

CONS:
-begins to cake within 3 hours (doesn't have good lasting power at all)

So the lasting power is seriously only problem. It's really bad for some reason? Even with a primer it'll only last 4 hours on me without it looking incredibly horrible and blotchy.

But other than that, fantastic, and well definitely repurchase for special occasions when i'm not out for a long period of time! :)

on 7/5/2012 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

First of all, I generally go for sheer foundations. Acne is a huge issue for me, so anything heavy really throws my skin out of whack. This foundation is a thick liquid which sheers out beautifully with a wet sponge. The color range is set up well enough that I found my perfect match (325), and when well blended this foundation is invisible. It take about thirty minutes for the opacity of the product to fade as it is absorbed into the skin- but from powdering on my face remains the same throughout the day. This is most comparable to the MUFE face and body out of the foundations in my collection, but is a better match to my skin and a fraction of the price. For $7 you really can't go wrong with this one. A definite restoration of my faith in drugstore makeup!