July 30, 2014 | 1458 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by NeonTiger9

I loved it! I have combination skin, with tendencies to break out but this product really helps cover redness and uneven skin tone. I use a concealer over it and it works together perfectly. It blends super easily so it doesn't actually look like you're wearing any foundation. It also has an SPF in it, which is awesome since most people tend to forget to put that on.
    The only con might be the price, I got it at Shoppers for around $15 I think, for a drugstore brand that's basically tinted moisturizer, it's a little pricey. But for me it's worth it, I'd buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by tonk0022

I've been searching for a new foundation ever since my favorite (L'Oreal Infallible) is no longer available in my city. I have very dry and very oily (combination) skin that looks really flakey in most foundations. Revlon Colorstay made my skin so dry it burned.
    I picked this up thinking it wouldn't be any good but also that it wouldn't hurt to try and I was seriously surprised. My face is sun-burnt and dry right now and I needed a very small amount to cover the redness. It also left no flakey patches. I love it. It's the perfect color for me as well.
    The only issue I have is the size...it's pretty small.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by chengbo

It looked flawless on my face and the coverage is great but cover girl always makes their products so pink. I got it in dune which is a good shade for me but my face looked so pink! and it left a gray mask on me, not a pretty look. Will not be buying this again, it was a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by meganxloveee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely hate this foundation with a passion. The smell, some people like. I wouldn't mind it if it was a body spray or candle but for a foundation I find it appauling, especially since the product claims to be natural. (I figured it would be fragrance free due to it being a natural foundation.) I really wanted to love this foundation because I heard so many good things about it. Once I put the product on my face it didn't give much coverage at all and I generally just didn't like it from the point that I took the cap off the tube. That being said, I would not give this foundation any lippies if I could, but I do like that it is in a tube for sanitary reasons. If you can get past the smell ( I literally felt like I was painting perfume on my face. ) then kudos to you. Some people really do like the smell and I don't blame them by any means! I just don't like the smell for a foundation like I had said before. Also, it kind of burned when I put it on. Will not repurchase. I am left with a full tube of foundation that will go to waste.

++ I heard that the smell goes away the longer it is on.

Hope I could help everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really good product. I love the natural/satin finish, medium coverage, and subtle glow this foundation gives. It's not great for oily skin, though, because of its sheen. It would be really good for dry skin, I think. A great drugstore find.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by elinabambi94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. About 5 minutes after you apply it, once it's absorbed, it looks sooo nice and super natural. Even though it's a more light coverage foundation (I'd say light-to-medium coverage), it really does help to subdue any redness you have and even out your overall skin tone. I also don't know why anyone would have an issue with the scent. There's barely any smell at all! And it goes away after you apply it. Also, it does a pretty good job at containing the oil in your skin; I tend to get a little bit oily on my nose throughout the day when I wear foundation, and this makes my semi-oily skin a bit less noticeable.

My only issue with this foundation is that it doesn't seem to last very long... Not more than about 5 hours. However, I don't wear primer, so I'm sure if you use a good primer, this foundation will last all day for you :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Nursingstudent21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is perfect if you are looking for light coverage! I have combination skin and hate cakey looking foundations... When I tried this it gavee a natural dewy look. It felt more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation actually.... Overall I'd say its awesome for a natural feel/look but if your looking for more coverage this isn't for you

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I was very, very impressed with this product. I chose Sandstone because I am a NC25-30 and Buff Beige in Cover Girl foundations and it worked perfectly. It's yellow toned, which I need. The finish of this foundation reminds me of Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse and Avon Magix, both very airbrushed looking. This lasted pretty well too. I love the SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by alanec

I really, really like this foundation. I normally hate liquid foundations as they can easily become cakey, look fake, or smudge off with the slightest perspiration. Mineral or compact powder foundations are usually my choice. However...

This product is one exception to that rule. Let me list it out:

1. It has ample shades for pale girls with cool undertones, which I love- most foundations out there are way too yellow.

2.It smells pretty good for makeup.

3. The packaging is great. I love the squeeze tube, no jar to dip your fingers in and continuously introduce bacteria into the makeup.

4. The coverage is light, but it looks natural. Natural looking skin is a high priority to me. If you just want to even out your skin tone and some minor dark under-eye circles, it's perfect. If you need a lot of coverage, I'd suggest a different product.

Overall, it's a great product and I will definitely repurchase. Although its pricey for drugstore foundation, it's well worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation. I bought this when it was new last year, I was intrigued by the packaging and the reviews I've seen. It works fine for me, but I am a person that doesn't need a whole lot of coverage, just something to make my skin a bit more matte and more even-toned. If you need more coverage to cover scars, acne, ect this won't be for you because it is light to medium coverage. Also, if you are oily skinned, this won't help you out either because it tends to make your skin a bit, I hesitate to say dewy, but not totally matte like a mannequin. My only issue is my nose, which I still have to powder throughout the day, but everywhere else this foundation does fine for me. I am a medium to light skin tone and I am in the color 340 Maple.