October 22, 2014 | 1907 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl's website suggests TRUBLEND LIQUID MAKEUP as a replacement to this product

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Aliyourpally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The first time I used this foundation I bought it in flax. I really like how it matched my skin tone considering I'm really light. I used this about a year ago and explored different foundations (L'Oreal 16 hour infallible, covergirl clean foundation, L'Oreal true match). I did not like or repurchase those due to the fact that they have dried out my skin. I bought this foundation again the other day and I love it. It hydrates my skin and leaves my face looking natural. I just wish the foundation provided a little more coverage considering I have acne but it's no big deal, concealer isnt a problem to apply. I like the packaging because it is not a glass bottle that can break. I would recommend this to people with dry skin, I'm not sure if it would be good for oily because it's hydrating. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

305 Alabaster

This is my first foundation, but it gives light coverage (like a tinted moisturizer), has SPF 10, and looks natural. I use it to even out my skin tone (redness and under eye circles).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Stylist21

I have really sensitive skin and am not normally a liquid foundation kind of girl. I love this product!

I've used this foundation for about 3 weeks now and my acne is almost completely cleared up. This does not clog your pores and is gentle on sensitive skin.

It's a medium coverage and as long as you use a translucent powder you won't get shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by curlyhairchick369

this is amazing. i have slight redness around my cheeks, and maybe one acne spot, but this covers it. the coverage is light, just how i like it, and it has spf. i love it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by vintagy

I really like this foundation! I use it whenever I am running late and need to do my makeup routine quickly. A little product goes a long way (hence, I am okay with the small bottle) and its great coverage, and can be applied quickly and easily. Feels more like a tinted moisturizer to me than a foundation. I also wear this to work a lot, and even though I'm on my feet all day, climbing stairs and ladders, it stays put! However, past the typical 9-6 shift, it will start fading, so this isn't a 24 hours foundation or anything. It is not my HG foundation (my HG is the Revlon Colorstay), and not my first choice of foundation especially for a long day, but it will do just fine in a pinch, hence the 4 lippies. I also have to blot my t-zone with this, but I have to blot with any foundation so that isn't an issue for me. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by kerriane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great foundation. Great for very natural coverage while still concealing acne effectively. Does not break me out and has a dewy finish. Comes in a squeeze tube which is great to avoid getting fingers in the product. However, it does transfer and must be set with powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by bohodo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. I saw a review for it on Youtube and with summer coming up, I decided to try a new foundation seeing as I ran out of my previous one (Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid.) It goes on very smoothly and it looks very natural. I would say it's medium coverage. It feels very lightweight and does not make me break out. I always set my foundations with a powder (Stila) because no matter what I do, my T-zone will be oily in the summer. I have very fair skin and honestly I should have purchased the lightest shade but I like pretending like I can get away with a shade darker, so I bought the next one down and it doesn't make me look like I have a mask on but it gives me color--which is great! I would recommend this for all skin types, especially combo skin. My skin can be oily and flakey in the same areas and this does not make me more oily or show my flakey spots at all. It is very gentle on the skin, VERY smoothing, feels luxurious when you put it on and makes your face look like a dewey, smooth, glowing canvas. I love it. Also I am usually drawn to anything that says "natural" on it because these products tend to not irritate my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by rhall94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall I really like this foundation. I was looking for something new so I figured Id give this a try. I love te packaging. You can easily squeeze the right amount out with no mess. I still need to find the right shade, it's a little more on the pink side. The texture is great, it leaves my skin smooth and pretty silky. It provides pretty good coverage (I don't have too many blemishes to cover though, just a few red places and the occasional zit). It easy to apply with your fingers, but Yesterday I tried it with a foundation brush (basic brush from e.l.f.) and I loved it. It was like my skin was airbrushed. My only problem with it is that I have fairly oily skin so ten mins after I've put it on my face is shiny. It's supposed to leave a dewy finish so it's understandable. I use a little of the Covergirl Clean Oil Control pressed powder over it and it's perfect. Not my HG foundation but it does the job.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by princesssjessica

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry skin, like so dry that I get dry patches on my t-zone even, so I always go for sheer skin-like foundations that moisturize my skin and leave it looking/feeling dewy but also cover some redness on m cheeks. And this foundation does exactly that for $7! My HG foundation is Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. This foundation is pretty much as good - maybe not as good when it comes to staying power - but the look of it is pretty much the same and for $43 less. Can't say enough about this foundation. My perfect match was flax. Thought it would be too light but it sheers out beautifully. Could probably go up a shade if I get more tan. Would definitely recommend, not just for dry skin either, I feel like all skin types could wear this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by tabriasmakeuplife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love everything but ONE thing about this product.

PROS:
    -glides on as smooth as butter
    -blends into skin so beautiful
    -natural/dewy finish on my normal skin
    -hydrates my skin
    -my skin ACTUALLY looks like skin
    -doesn't clog pores
    -spf
    -hides any redness or acne
    -doesn't matter what you apply it with, it will still look flawless

CONS:
    -begins to cake within 3 hours (doesn't have good lasting power at all)

So the lasting power is seriously only problem. It's really bad for some reason? Even with a primer it'll only last 4 hours on me without it looking incredibly horrible and blotchy.

But other than that, fantastic, and well definitely repurchase for special occasions when i'm not out for a long period of time! :)