April 19, 2014 | 934 users online

Highlighters - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 1

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2009 6:01:00 AM More reviews by dlobel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love-hate relationship with this product. On the one hand, it is fool proof concealer: easy to apply, so light and subtle...nearly impossible to screw up. I would look so bright eyed and bushy tailed that I nearly threw out the rest of my (increasingly numerous) collection of concealers. At first, I was perfectly willing to overlook the price tag - it was that good.

On the other hand, the product has such a limited shelf life that there was no way to justify the expense or the hassle of constantly having to deal with the putrid smell - the one that says "I'm full of bacteria" - of the brush applicator and/or the makeup itself. I will admit that I am still new to this whole makeup wearing thing, but I can't justify the overall costs of something that goes bad after six weeks of regular (and reasonably hygienic) use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by alexistaylor111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff works wonders at hiding my dark circles i wasn't expecting much but it really works. if i put foundation and powder on without applying this first i really notice the difference my face looks tired without this stuff on! I've tried Dior show skin flash and that's thicker in consistency its more like a concealer than a highlighter and its not as good compared to this! definate re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 7:46:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product - it was the first of its kind years ago and now there are many copycats (and some are even as good).

Not really a concealer, per se - but a brightener and great under foundation. Good for under eye shadows/circles and any area that is dark where you need light.

Light diffusing pigments aloow for radiance. Such a great applicator, too - a soft pen brush.

Love this for my PPP skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by carlingus

having literally ripped the packaging off this item just minutes ago in a fit of excitement at the haul I had sitting in front of me I can say first, I love the texture. It's smooth, went on top of my other under eye concealer amazing cos. (which had been on for few hours) with out looking like crepe paper or a clumpy mess but rather a seriouly SMOOTH veil with creamy light reflecting properties that don't look garish or drag queeny or obvious but just YBB.

It took a while to get some product out-irritating. It didn't have a discernible smell to me? It seems like something I could whip out in a bathroom while out and about and dab it on and blend QUICKLY if only the product came out easier? It probs gets easier to come out after you've used a little bit?

If it doesn't crease heavily or fade after a short time I'll end up adding this to a few other ridic expensive products that I have to buy because I've gotten used to their high quality. It's also hella gorgeous to look at. This is something for people to try who obsess over having dewey, healthy looking skin, as I do. This should help for hangover eyes to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know why people complain about the price of this. It is a luxury brand, and the prices are actually quite comparable to others on the market. This is the first, the original. People think this is a concealer which it is NOT. It is a brightener. It will conceal, but it's more for adding light to areas of the face (under eye, above the brow bone, around the nose and mouth to soften lines). If you need more coverage find a good concealer and use this on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Sammyxiao

The stuff is super,it creates a very natual reflective light on my skin, good for day time. For the night outs I prefer BeneFit high beam.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by bren81

This used to work wonders, covering my undereye dark circles, brightening up, etc. I went through about three tubes of this until recently, I started getting fine lines and this started to crease up accentuating the fine lines... *sigh* this no longer works for me sadly and I'm once again on a quest to finding the perfect under eye concealer....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must confess that I don't know why people rave about this product because I find it distinctly average. Having said that, I have rebought it several times, primarily because I have yet to find anything better. I have to say though that there are some cheaper products that are almost as good.
I use no 1 which is the lightest shade I believe as I have very fair skin. I have read many times from beauty experts that they say women aren't using this product correctly - that it's a highlighter, not a concealer. But then they seem to contraduct themselves by instructing you to use it as you would a concealer.
For me this doesn't really cover under eye circles at all. I don't have a massive problem there, but this product doesn't make any difference to how I look. If the skin is hollowed out as I guess mine is starting to be, then common sense tells you that painting something on top isn't going to make any diffference.
It's marginally better at covering redness, e.g. round the nose area but you have to use quite a lot to get proper coverage and then you tend to look overly made up. I wear specs and this makes the make up collect around the bridge of the nose.
I have heard women rave that this makes them look "luminous". I don't see it on me - I think these women must have been luminous to start with. Or there's something wrong with their eyesight.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Woke up one day with dark circles - I was totally racooned completely out of the blue. Having never experienced this before, I had no clue about concealers/highlighters - but, like everyone else, heard that TE was a wonder product, so thought it was worth a try.
Well, I liked the light texture - it applied evenly without creasing - and the applicator made using the product really simple. However, it didn't really conceal anything. My circles were still, er, dark.
I ended up using the product purely as a highlighter elsewhere - it worked OK for this purpose, but that wasn't why I bought it. I don't usually use highlighters anyway - but I was determined that this wasn't going to be another straight-to-bin product; not at this price ;)
Bought the Clarins version next (Eclat Minute) - which gave better coverage due to a thicker consistency, but looked heavy and creased after a while. Another dud!
Luckily, my dark circles suddenly disappeared as quickly and mysteriously as they had appeared - but if they ever return, I won't be reaching for the TE.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 7:23:00 AM More reviews by hannah1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My absolute staple - i have been using this for about 10 years now. Sometimes it takes a lot of layers to make me look human, but its better than everything else i've ever tried. Only gripe is the price. You dont get a lot for your money!