October 26, 2014 | 1536 users online

Highlighters - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 1

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 6:13:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I so much wanted to love this as this is the best seller of YSL and I love the brand.
I got this in 1 (#2 is more matching my yellowish under skin tone but they were out of stock).
N. 1 is the lightest shade of the range, it has a hint of pink, and it goes "cold ".
I tries to apply this in nevery possible way I coudl read about here and on tutorials and on makeup artist sites.
Under your makeup: it simply does not show up - gets totally covered by foundation - so no use and a waste of money.
So I applied on top of my makup.
I applied on the OUTER corner of my eyes, just patting and a small amount. it does not blend properly. I leaves a white area where i apply it.
Ditto on the cheekbones, on the brow arch, on cupid's bow, on the whatever ines you want to *optically* erase.
Well, the highlighted spot gets light of course, but all I got was white spots on my face; I was freaking out when i saw my face in pictures wearing Touche Eclat: I was a puzzle of different colors! Horrible.
So either you wear it under makeup, or I have the wrong shade for my skin and I have to trty other shades (but I am not impressed w/ product and do not want to shell out more money for it).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by gsbn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this product, but I just can't. It doesn't look right on me. It doesn't melt into my skin, it just lies on top like a cakey mess and accentuates my fine lines. Good packaging though. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ng2die4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a minimalist when it comes to makeup and this is one of few products I have in my bag. I wanted to try it a long time ago (since I read about it in InStyle magasine. They had an article on best makeup for 20s 30s 40s 50s etc. This product was featured in 40s section. I am 43 and therefore was interested! I got it ij Sephora and SA adviced me to lightly pat it in the skin (cheek bones, chin, under the brows, bridge of the nose) LIGHTLY is a key world here, because if u rub it in, u will eliminate all effects.
People who gave bad reviews to this product may not realise that this in NOT a concealer for under eyes etc. It's a skin brightener, u use it to play out u face features. IMO it's one of the best makeup little tools outthere..really brightens up my skin, makes me look more awake in the morning. If you are interested in this product I would suggest go to YSL counter or Sephora and ask SA to show you how to use it correctly. All in all great product. i will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by georgiasinclair

This is a terrible concealer if you have dark circles under your eyes. It doesn't really conceal anything, just brightens. The only reason that I said that I would buy this again is because if you put just a dab under each eye - on top of your real concealer - it really makes your eyes look more awake. The light reflecting quality is fantastic, but it has so little pigment, like I said earlier, it's a terrible concealer for those that really need a serious concealer. Great brightener though.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kittiekiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So disappointing - was desperate to buy this product. Was no better than a cheaper brand and started to smell 'bad' after 2 weeks. Still searching for perfect under-eye concealer/lightener!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by danipoops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dont know what all the fuss is about to be honest! this does not work on me :( which is a shame cos I really wanted it to!! Nothing does really! I wouldnt say I have really horrible dark circles but I can tell they're there and cant get rid of them no matter what i do!

Mac concealers dont work either, not sure if im applying it wrong?!! Dont think I am.. I have tried brushes, my fingers with the patting technique with my ring finger etc etc!

May partly be down to my dry skin again! Product just sort of cakes around my eyes and I dont really see a difference.

Did not mind the price. very pretty to look at! xx

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2009 6:01:00 AM More reviews by dlobel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love-hate relationship with this product. On the one hand, it is fool proof concealer: easy to apply, so light and subtle...nearly impossible to screw up. I would look so bright eyed and bushy tailed that I nearly threw out the rest of my (increasingly numerous) collection of concealers. At first, I was perfectly willing to overlook the price tag - it was that good.

On the other hand, the product has such a limited shelf life that there was no way to justify the expense or the hassle of constantly having to deal with the putrid smell - the one that says "I'm full of bacteria" - of the brush applicator and/or the makeup itself. I will admit that I am still new to this whole makeup wearing thing, but I can't justify the overall costs of something that goes bad after six weeks of regular (and reasonably hygienic) use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by alexistaylor111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff works wonders at hiding my dark circles i wasn't expecting much but it really works. if i put foundation and powder on without applying this first i really notice the difference my face looks tired without this stuff on! I've tried Dior show skin flash and that's thicker in consistency its more like a concealer than a highlighter and its not as good compared to this! definate re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 7:46:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product - it was the first of its kind years ago and now there are many copycats (and some are even as good).

Not really a concealer, per se - but a brightener and great under foundation. Good for under eye shadows/circles and any area that is dark where you need light.

Light diffusing pigments aloow for radiance. Such a great applicator, too - a soft pen brush.

Love this for my PPP skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by carlingus

having literally ripped the packaging off this item just minutes ago in a fit of excitement at the haul I had sitting in front of me I can say first, I love the texture. It's smooth, went on top of my other under eye concealer amazing cos. (which had been on for few hours) with out looking like crepe paper or a clumpy mess but rather a seriouly SMOOTH veil with creamy light reflecting properties that don't look garish or drag queeny or obvious but just YBB.

It took a while to get some product out-irritating. It didn't have a discernible smell to me? It seems like something I could whip out in a bathroom while out and about and dab it on and blend QUICKLY if only the product came out easier? It probs gets easier to come out after you've used a little bit?

If it doesn't crease heavily or fade after a short time I'll end up adding this to a few other ridic expensive products that I have to buy because I've gotten used to their high quality. It's also hella gorgeous to look at. This is something for people to try who obsess over having dewey, healthy looking skin, as I do. This should help for hangover eyes to.