November 27, 2014 | 948 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by TezzaAus

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this makeup. I have bought it many times. I have a heavier makeup for all day wear for work or a special night out, but I have always looked for one that is light and easy to apply and wear and that is just right for when you have to pop out to the shops or you're meeting a friend for lunch.
I don't want to look too made up and I don't want to feel like I have to spend ages getting ready for something casual.
But at my age (I'm over 50) I don't feel happy going out in public with nothing.
This makeup is fabulous. You can apply it easily with your fingers and don't need a special brush or expensive sponges. You can use a little more, or a primer, if you want more coverage or for it to last longer.
Otherwise shake the bottle, pour a bit out, apply and off you go!
I've been to every counter in the department store and over the last five years have tried just about every brand that makes a light foundation, but have always come back to this one.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Kayleighkayyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After watching a lot of youtubers that were absolutely obsessed with it I decided I had to see if it was worth the hype. At first, I was not impressed whatsoever. In fact, I was blown that I spent almost $50 on it. But then I realized the shade I picked was too light for my skin and I swapped it out for a different one and it was fabulous!!! It covers just enough to still look natural but flawless. PERFECT everyday foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by asherzoby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i wish i loved you, dear chanel, but its not your fault but mine.

This felt a little greasy when i applied it, and it went on pretty weightless on my skin, much like a moisturizer. Problem was that it just did not give me the glowy healthy look which i get when i use MAC. It kind of disappeared into my skin so i was not sure if i should be using more product.

From all the great reviews and my general love of all things chanel, i wished i loved it. Unfortunately, for the price i paid (around 60 ish) i was expecting more and this "my skin but slightly better" just does not justify me paying another 60 bucks for a new bottle when my small bottle ends.

i have not put on the powder with it though - been using my MAC powder. will update when i use the chanel on on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by JodiJ11

I am in love with this foundation. It's so light that it seems as you aren't wearing anything. My makeup looks perfect hours after being applied!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by agnessman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a good average foundation. But to be honest, it is not a foundation that wows me. I know this is hyped a lot but I'm not super impressed by it. It ticks all the boxes of a good foundation. I love it but not super excited to own it. I'm not sure whether I'd buy it again due to the high price tag. Btw, I always use a primer/base before applying VA, since I found the alcohol content in VA irritates my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Memz888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really really happy with this foundation. It gives my skin such a flawless finish and the best thing is you can hardly tell I have any foundation on at all! I would say its medium coverage that can be built up to full cover with a couple of layers, however I would not personally use it on a full cover day as it seems like a waste to layer it on when it is invented to be light. This is my everyday foundation now and it would take a lot to change me. I have rated packaging low as I generally prefer to be able to see through packaging and this is fully opaque. It needs a very very good shake. I have given it a quick shake a couple of times and ended up with water on my hand... I now shake for at least 10 seconds vigorously! Would definitely recommend this product and I have been to everyone I know!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Meriange

Love this foundation, it is very light, fresh and subtle. Perfect if you want a foundation for oily or combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by MacAtFirstSight

This is my HG foundation. I have oily to combination skin that is acne prone. I periodically use benzoyl peroxide as my topical treatment, but otherwise have a normal skin care.
I love this foundation because B30 is the perfect color match for my skin. I am NC25-30 in MAC for reference.
The best thing about this foundation is that it's lightweight, yet covers very well. It also has these light reflecting particles that makes your face look like it's glowing from within. But I wouldn't say there is any shimmer in this foundation; It just has a very pretty satin glowy finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by ChichiV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I always love to use full coverage foundations but now that my skin is lookin very good(almost no acne whatsoever) i decided to give this one a go.
The coverage is light to medium and the finish is dewy.
I was afraid that because of the finish i would not like it.
It is a waterbased foundation so my skin loves it!
My skin looks dewy all day and i only get oily towards the end off the day(like most foundations i used,even longwearing ones)with setting powder ofcourse.
I just look healthy and glowy :D

Packaging is practical..just shake well and squeeze the right amount on your hand.
I apply this with a beautyblender and love the result!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by DiamantTiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried this 3 times. The last time, it was an 'emergency' at the mall; I was shopping, got a text to go out with some friends, and looked a mess. I have a friend who works at the Chanel counter who is extremely kind to me. When I showed up, she was working on a client but told me I could start working on myself. I KNOW that Vitalumiere Aqua breaks me out - I've tried samples two other times over the years, only to wind up with bad break outs when I usually am blemish free. In times past, I've used VA with my own skincare and primers (the first time, with a Korres Wild Rose moisturizer and Vitamin E primer; the second, with Dior Hydra Life moisturizer and Hourglass Veil primer) and each time, wound up with a breakout. Both times the key to clearing up and calming down my skin was removing VA from my makeup routine. However, it's a stunning finish and I'm a perfect match in the range. I decided to sacrifice my skin in order to quickly throw on some makeup that would at least look good. Yes, I know it was stupid, but it's also the only formula Chanel has that works with my skin's dryness and tone. The regular Vitalumiere range has no match for my skin, and Perfection Lumiere is too drying. In essence, I was 'stuck' with VA while scrambling to make myself look party ready with 15 minutes to spare. I started with Chanel Hydra Beauty skincare and Le Blanc Sheer Illuminating Primer, then went to town with the Vitalumiere Aqua, hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Well, unsurprisingly, this foundation messed my chin area up for a week. It goes on like a dream, has a beautiful texture, and looks great in photographs. In the pictures posted that night, my face looks healthy, fresh, and luminous, and all I wore for base was Vitalumiere Aqua and a bit of Chanel Tweed Pink blush. The next day, however, I woke up with three blemishes and very red, angry cheeks. I have extremely sensitive skin and rosacea, so I recommend that anyone with a similar skin type avoid this like the plague. I've tried VA under several conditions now, with various types of skin cares and primers beneath, and every time, it freaks my skin out. Such a shame. Fortunately, I get a similar texture (though thinner coverage) and finish from YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat, which is in the same price range, comes in a beautiful bottle, and actually seems to nourish my skin.