October 21, 2014 | 2013 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2005 6:27:00 AM More reviews by ThirdTimesACharm

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugh, these suck!! I think they reformulated the eyeshadows, because I have the Shimmering Sands trio, which has decent pigment. The singles, however, are very chalky and have NO pigment despite constant digging into the powder! Picked up Violet Frappe on a whim, and what a mistake! I got it on sale, but it's still totally not worth my 2 bucks! Save your money and check out Milani and Jane, drugstore brands that offer GREAT eyeshadows!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2005 10:03:00 PM More reviews by crazyboutu

What was I thinking? I've heard that Cover Girl products are getting better and better, but that is definately not true for this eyeshadow! It flakes, most of the colors are too frosty. There is no staying power and most of the shadows don't look good on me. Stupid me, I bought 3 of them and tossed out 2, but kept one, since I thought I could make it work with my new Revlon eyeshadow (which I love!) Won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2005 12:59:00 PM More reviews by starmie104

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this product in Stormy Lites. After more experience with make-up, this is the most poorly milled eyeshadow I have ever encountered, even worse than strange, brand-less free eyeshadows. Because the eyeshadow exsists in huge particles of matte, metallic, sparkles, or whatever shade you've happened to choose, it has zero staying power because it can't adhere to your skin. It also gets all over the place. You'd figure that something in such huge chunks would at least have some pigment - but no. I can't find anything positive about this eyeshadow. Buy mark's i-marks, they're so much more worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2005 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Lippyloo

Don't expect truly fabulous, opalescent, multidimensional colors like the more expensive brands turn out, but for drugstore shadows, these are quite enjoyable. I use French Vanilla as a basic eye-brightener on those puffy days, and Heather Brulee as a very striking deep violet pearl that looks great over brown eyeliner and really accents my brown eyes. Both shades are labeled "neutral," but I would call the Heather Brulee (or any purple) more of a cool shade.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2005 7:02:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I am by no means a high-end cosmetics snob. I think there are crappy products lurking in the more expensive lines just as there are amazing products hiding in the cheaper lines. Eyeshadow, however, is one category that I firmly believe you get what you pay for. Usually, the more expensive the shadow, the more finely milled it will be with better pigmentation. Unfortunately I think that rule of thumb applies to cover girl e/s. These have a really chalky texture and don't seem to blend very well, nor are you going to get much color payoff from the lighter shades. I will say, however, that the frost shades from this line are much better quality than the matte and chunky glitter shades--they seem silkier. So, if you must try a CG shadow, I recommend going for a frost. If you're looking for a good e/s that won't break the bank buy Jane!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2005 6:11:00 PM More reviews by MerryBerriesNCherries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG eyeshadow, I wear a lot of concealer on my eyelids (it's a long story) and alot of drugstore brand shadows just don't really show up but these always do, I have tons of them. The colors are always visible and shimmery but soft and blendable.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2005 9:06:00 PM More reviews by ckristine_lynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not bad for a low-end eye shadow. I bought the shimmer sands 3-kit. The shimmering sands are pretty,neutral browns. It is comparible to my Pop Beauty e/s's for blue eyes. Same colors,same consistancy. That's an example that you don't have to spend a fortune to have a great product that is comparible to a high-end product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2005 7:53:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought a couple when I found them 50% off (at least I was smart and didn't buy full price cuz they aren't worth 3 bucks lol) I'd heard a lot of people say these were better than there were back in the day so I thought for a buck fifty why not. I got them home and swiped the color on my arm first and it seemed to show up really good..but on my eyes...no pigment. I hafta scrap and scrap to get a shred of pigment. And then what color I get is very chaulky looking. I like my shadows to have color and be dimensional and these just are not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2004 3:59:00 PM More reviews by dawl_1015

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing considering the price.. Shimmering Sands is the most gorgeous neutral shade ive ever worn. It really shows up on my tan with a subtle shimmer and brightens my eyes without looking overly tacky. I don't however like the applicator, although I don't think there is such a thing as a quality foam applicator. I use a brush for more precise coverage. Overall I'd recommend this product, I wear it every day & love it, moreso than other expensive department store brands I've bought in the past. I think that it may be better for younger women though, because older gals don't seem to like the shimmer. Good quality for the price, what do you expect for $3?? lol :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2004 10:58:00 PM More reviews by robotninja

Ugh. I picked up one of these in Snow Blossom since I needed a replacement brightening white shadow. What a waste of three bucks! The texture and color are exactly reminiscent of schoolroom chalk with extra mica. It takes layers and laters before the color shows up, and then it fades, seemingly within minutes. The only thing that sticks is the frost, and that makes my eyes itch.