December 18, 2014 | 992 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun Loose Face Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

Sheer but keeps make up in place. Dig the retro old lady scent too. Nice affordable finishing touch.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by XenaNg

This powder makes my skin look poreless and flawless after I've applied foundation and concealer. It has a sweet scent to it, and I enjoy that. However, the packaging irks me just a little. The sifter jar can be a little messy and hard to transport. The product itself is very economical and will last for quite a while!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by SuziH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This loose powder has been one of my all-time favorites for many years, since I was around age 16. Typically, I purchase the shade in Naturally Neutral, but also I purchase the Translucent Extra Coverage version, and find that I can use the two pretty interchangeably (my complexion is very pale). I enjoy the familiar powdery scent, so I haven't bought the fragrance-free version. Since I don't care for the way it feels to wear foundation, I tend to prefer using concealer and then I set that with a dusting of the Airspun powder. Immediately following the application of this powder, I spritz my face using an atomizer bottle of rosewater, and I am thus able to achieve a fresh and flawless complexion that appears naturally healthy and hydrated instead of artificially dry and powdery. I do find that I need to blot my nose with a tissue by lunchtime to combat a bit of breakthrough shine, but I don't reapply any powder unless it's at the end of the day and I'm going back out after work...at that point, I simply blot my T-zone with a tissue, lightly dust a veil of Airspun powder again, and finish with another light misting of rosewater.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by barbm813

I love this powder. It gives my skin a nice finish whether I use it over foundation or just moisturizer. Unlike some powders, it doesn't sink in and emphasize fine lines and I just love the scent. The package is too bulky to carry for touchups, but it is cheap enough that I can have a second container in my desk at work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Usually I loathe face powder, blushes/ highlighters/ some bronzers excepted, but my mind's been changed; this old-school drugstore treasure may well be the only powder I let anywhere near my face again. It's milled into almost nothing, so it gives a perfect matte china-doll finish while going bloody near invisible--no beading or patching or caking into stucco--and the smallest tap sets your entire face. The smell does remind me of my grandmother, who swore by it, but that doesn't put me off because A) it's a nice memory trigger, and B) she enjoyed a mind-blowing complexion well into her eighties. (There is an unscented formula, but I've yet to find it in Naturelle, the shade I use.)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I love the nostalgic scent. Its straight up perfumey when the word meant a pleasing scent that evoked femininity not food (and I love sweet foody scents). I don't love it as a face powder for me as I prefer one that is more colorless-translucent. However this is great for the neck/collarbone/chest, area. Despite years of sunscreen, AHA's and vit C creams, well father time has my address like everybody else;( This powder nicely "diffuses" the look of skin in that area, leaving a slightly luminous sheen. It works as a scented powder and helps other scents last by giving them a base to cling to. So you have a pretty little sheen on your skin and a feminine scent, for anyone who hugs you to remember you by. I was actually using my expensive (weight wise) Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder for this after setting my under eye concealer with it. In retrospect that's crazy given the cost when this is so lovely and affordable.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

This is an interesting product. There's a ton of powder in the container. I would be surprised if I ever have to buy this within the next couple of years. This is really good for photographs. It's doesn't give the slight cast that can happen with other finishing powders. It seems translucent enough that it doesn't make the skin ashy.

What is unique about the powder is the finish. I can't really describe it. I don't think it has any shimmer, but it's not really matte. The best way I can describe it is lustrous, like a pearl. I don't know if that makes sense but that's what I think of of I see the finish. It's almost like it blurrs the lines and imperfections on your face.

As for the smell, well I happen to like it a lot. It just feels so vintage. Then again, I tend to like old lady perfumes. It really only smells when you first apply it, then it fades.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Lounge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product for years. I switched for a while to other brands, but always came back. Every time I would wear Coty power, people would always comment on how great my skin looked. A few even thought I did something more drastic, yes this power is really great... My gripe is why isn't it in stores, and my question is, was the product discontinued. If so I may buy up like 10 of them, because this is a great loose power, and I have tried a lot, but this is the best...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by xbekahh

I love this stuff! I have a really oily face so it lasts ke up to 8 hrs cause i have school for 8 hrs..so i put this on first before i put my face powder , cause it is kinda light... The only thing i hate about it, is the smell.. The smell is very strong. But i still love this stuff. I got this at cvs for $6 kinda good deal just wish it was lower.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

-made my eyes sting
-is a good light setting powder