October 30, 2014 | 1797 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun Loose Face Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I love the nostalgic scent. Its straight up perfumey when the word meant a pleasing scent that evoked femininity not food (and I love sweet foody scents). I don't love it as a face powder for me as I prefer one that is more colorless-translucent. However this is great for the neck/collarbone/chest, area. Despite years of sunscreen, AHA's and vit C creams, well father time has my address like everybody else;( This powder nicely "diffuses" the look of skin in that area, leaving a slightly luminous sheen. It works as a scented powder and helps other scents last by giving them a base to cling to. So you have a pretty little sheen on your skin and a feminine scent, for anyone who hugs you to remember you by. I was actually using my expensive (weight wise) Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder for this after setting my under eye concealer with it. In retrospect that's crazy given the cost when this is so lovely and affordable.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

This is an interesting product. There's a ton of powder in the container. I would be surprised if I ever have to buy this within the next couple of years. This is really good for photographs. It's doesn't give the slight cast that can happen with other finishing powders. It seems translucent enough that it doesn't make the skin ashy.

What is unique about the powder is the finish. I can't really describe it. I don't think it has any shimmer, but it's not really matte. The best way I can describe it is lustrous, like a pearl. I don't know if that makes sense but that's what I think of of I see the finish. It's almost like it blurrs the lines and imperfections on your face.

As for the smell, well I happen to like it a lot. It just feels so vintage. Then again, I tend to like old lady perfumes. It really only smells when you first apply it, then it fades.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Lounge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product for years. I switched for a while to other brands, but always came back. Every time I would wear Coty power, people would always comment on how great my skin looked. A few even thought I did something more drastic, yes this power is really great... My gripe is why isn't it in stores, and my question is, was the product discontinued. If so I may buy up like 10 of them, because this is a great loose power, and I have tried a lot, but this is the best...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by xbekahh

I love this stuff! I have a really oily face so it lasts ke up to 8 hrs cause i have school for 8 hrs..so i put this on first before i put my face powder , cause it is kinda light... The only thing i hate about it, is the smell.. The smell is very strong. But i still love this stuff. I got this at cvs for $6 kinda good deal just wish it was lower.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

-made my eyes sting
-is a good light setting powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Kennilyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was recommended this by a friend and I have to say, it's been in my regime for almost a year now (most of my products last at most a few months). This product is more like an investment for many uses!

This product is ideal for setting tinted moisturizers or any type of BB cream. It's also perfect for setting any kind of foundation.

This product can also be used to set moisturizer on a bare face alone! It's truly unique. I have the translucent kind, and upon application, the white disappears leaving no ashy shadow (like others) and for some odd reason my imperfections seem to be blurred. Perfect for those "no-makeup days".

This product really is an investment because of how long it lasts! Some might be intimidated by the price tag ($8-11) like me but in the end, it really does pay off for itself. Like I said, this product has been in my everyday regime for almost a year and it looks like I barely touched it.

There are some cons though that should be noted.

The packaging is cute but it tends to be on the little bigger/heavier side which makes it hard for traveling. It also makes it hard to stay a bit sanitary because the powder tends to be blown by anything and I mean anything!

The scent also seems to be a bit strong, but after using it from day to day, I actually became accustomed to the scent and it doesn't bother me at all. If anything, I'm actually starting to like it!

In the end, I would recommend this product to anyone! Dry or oily, this investment should really be considered. This will be the only translucent powder I will ever buy. Grab one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a staple product for me. I don't have any praise that hasn't already been given- this powder gives quality coverage for a low price, doesn't irritate skin, and has a glamorous, retro scent and packaging. I find this powder in the "Translucent" shade to be perfect for my very fair skin. A word of warning, however. I tried the "Translucent Extra Coverage" variety, and it was significantly darker and yellow-tinged on my skin. It did have extra coverage capabilities, but it not match the actual color of my skin. Just something to keep in mind if you have a very fair complexion- I would stick with the plain Translucent shade. My container of this powder has lasted me over a year of near-daily use. It is truly excellent value for the money and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by brooke2010

I bought this powder a long time ago and forgot about it. I started using a BB cream that made my skin look oily throughout the day, so I put this on over it to control that and it's FABULOUS. I love everything about it except the packaging. It can be hard to get enough product out without tons of it spilling everywhere. I also hated the scent at first, but now I'm used to it and don't mind it. I love the vintage quality of it as well, I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. I use the regular translucent one and couldn't be happier with how it looks. Will definitely repurchase in about 10 years when it runs out! Haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by saraluvsduckies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Let me start out by saying that I have a tiny impulse beauty product buying problem, and this is the result of one of my impulses. Most of the time I end up regretting it and not looking at return policies to see if I can return them. I don't remember how much I paid for this but it was cheaper than my normal hard candy welcome matte powder that I was using (yet another impulse buy). I'm not a huge fan of the welcome matte but it was all I had. I picked this up while looking at falsies. Omg I love it. I use it as a setting powder over my foundation but also by itself. I have oily teenage girl skin (comes with the age, 14). This absorbed all oil and it blurs all my acne, redness, and acne scars. It doesn't cover them though. On that note I love that. I don't let my acne bother me that much because almost everyone gets acne and if I try to covet it I break out more. (I'm rambling) needless to say, I love this. I will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by ashebrook

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been using the Coty loose powders for 25 years. I think it is a wonderful product for a great price. I am frequently complimented on my skin. I keep it to myself that some of the credit should go to the smooth, invisible coverage Coty provides. It is such a staple in my life, that my teenage daughter told me she considers it my signature scent!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No