April 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun face powder

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just ran out of Avon translucent loose powder which I love translucent powders because im nc40 and they not change the color of the my foundations. I remember my mom and older sister used to use this powder back in the 80s to set their maxfactor makeup, this powder is blast from the past! My family bought translucent and also used it as a body powder to stay dry. So I bought this to set my revlon colorstay, and boy is it cakey, like old lady cakey. I look like lucille ball. I prefer a sightly satin finish, then I tried this with a thinner foundation amd its just as cakey, hmm... Maybe I will use it as a body powder this summer...lol or throw it away since the scent it annoying and made in china too. Thats what I get for being curious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THANK YOU MUA! I had used this powder as a teen and totally forgotten about it when i spotted a review and gave this old standby another try.

I bought the powder in Luminous, Naturally Neutral, and Translucent Extra Coverage. The new packaging is by far the better way to go as the cardboard box is bulky and doesn't hold up quite as well. I could only find the luminous version at Kmart and will have to find a container to transfer the powder to since I am not thrilled with the cardboard container and don't want to carry it in my purse (too big and bulky).

I apply this with a brush and not the included puff although i do like to keep the puff in the container to keep the powder from getting all over in the lid. This stuff is AMAZING! Goes on like a dream, feels so soft on your face and gives a glowing finish. Keeps oil at bay and stays on through 100+ temperatures here in Arizona. Unlike other powders it does not dry out my skin or settle into lines making me look older.

Honestly this stuff is a miracle! I am thinking about stocking up since it is so hard to find. Does anyone know what the shelf life of this product is?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just saw the vintage packaging and bought it! It is authentic vintage face powder which I have found no where else!!!! love it, amazing finally something pale enough for me, mattifying and illuminating at the same time, classic face powder, i will keep repurchasing!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Yungha

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just seen the box and reached down and bought it! I have seen my mother use this Airspun face powder many times as a child. After opening the box to see what was inside, the smell brought back so many memories. During the war we had very little comforts, but some how she was always able to keep a box of the fabulous powder in her makeup kit. She looked like a china doll and her skin (even as she aged) was creamy and smooth and when she passed on at age 54 she was just as beautiful!!
I never dreamed that I would be using this myself, but I just love the coverage, color and fragrance! Happy Mothers Day Mom, I love you so much!! See you soon!

45 out of 46 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by GrainOfGold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this facial powder as my first time ever using a powder. I have been using it as a foundation for the past couple of days and have minimal complaints. Aside from the fragrance (which is not awful, but definitely strong), this product has certainly been doing it's job. Thankfully haven't seen any breakouts. I opted to buy the powder in the "Honey-Beige" color, and it suites my face perfectly. Keeps my skin from looking oily, however a touch up is necessary a few hours after first application. Would purchase again, however maybe fragrance free is the way to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by missaelync

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

absolutely love it! Looks nice and flawless! Good coverage and never looks cakey! My permanent powder!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by XOXkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Eh, i'm really not too impressed with this. I read all the great reviews and i had to go get some for myself. The smell is AWFUL and even my friends asked what smelled like old lady (so embarrassing), and it didn't even provide the airbrushed coverage that people have claimed. I decided to try the fragrance free one, but i wasn't impressed with that either it just looked weird. The price is great, but other than that i'm not impressed. Will NOT repurchase, and i'd be happy to give it to anyone on here who loves it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Shannap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder is great. I can understand why people hate the scent since its overpowering, but it dissipates after a few minutes so it doesn't bother me. I bought this in translucent with extra-coverage because thatís the only type that was available at the store. I actually use a little of this powder before I put on my foundation and it makes my skin look pore less. I would recommend it to everyone to try since its pretty inexpensive, compared to my normal powder, and you get a lot of product. My sister hated the powder, but uses it to mix her highly-pigmentation loose eye colors to get a lighter look. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by staci13

I had been searching high and low for a loose powder that would set my foundation as well as absorb oil to keep my face from becoming shiny. I seem to have found my HG powder. I've overlooked this product so many times thinking that it was "for old ladies". This product has been around for a long time for a reason. It is awesome, it sets your foundation, and keeps a matte finish for hours. You can even touch up in the evening and it looks like you just applied your makeup for the day. I will agree with most other reviewers about the scent of it, but for me, it always reminds me of my grandmothers who wore this powder, so it's not an annoying scent, but more of a daily trip down memory lane.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by gojiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This powder works well upon application but the finish doesn't last more than hour. I have normal to dry skin, yet somehow this powder starts to make my skin look oily after an hour of wear (minus 1 lippie). This is the only powder that makes my forehead look oily and I'm not sure why. I dock another lippie for the artificial smell of the powder. To me, it is on the border of overbearing and I can smell it on my face for hours after application. It's a bit nauseating. Sometimes I worry others may smell it, but my SO said he can't when I wear it. It smells like something my grandmother might wear. I'd rather spend more for a powder that lasts longer and doesn't smell.