September 18, 2014 | 864 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of the very best drugstore cleansers imho. Will clean your skin well without overdrying. Can also be used as bodywash or hand soap in very cold dry weather, or if your skin is just that dry/sensitive. Have used this as bodywash for 2 kids with eczema with nice results. Obviously....it will not remove waterproof, tenacious makeup or sunscreens. But for a general cleanser, it is hands-down one of the best.

Oh, and the non-foaming version of this, while also very non irritating. non drying and soothing.....simply doesn't clean as well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by therubyprincess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Never in a million years will I ever touch another CeraVe product again. Stupidly I did purchase this cleanser as it seems to be a well loved product on SCB. Now I know my skin hates caprylic/capric triglycerides, yet I somehow thought perhaps this formulation, being so popular, would turn out okay.

Within two days of using this cleanser, clogs and cysts appeared on my face. I stoppped using it and my face cleared. Now because I paid around $14 for the container, I thought I could just use it up as a shower gel of sorts on the body parts that do not break out. TMI time but within two days of using it, cysts on the backs of my legs and butt!

Just heaved that bottle right into the trash. Make sure if you decide to try this product that you are not sensitive to any of its ingredients - I tried it foolishly and paid the price. Lesson learned. Not always good to run with the herd. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Llehshar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Im going to start ny saying If you are sensitive, acne prone, clog prone please DO NOT use this. I bought this about a year ago and stopped using it after a few days because it seemed to be giving be a rash. Recently I tried Joseof's Sulfer Soap and after a few days it made my face super dry and my neck and chest became scalely just from it rinsing over that area. I went back to my regular routine but nothing was helping the dryness. I decided to try Cerave Cleanser again with the Cerave Cream because of all the great reviews of it balancing ph and moisturizing with ceramides. BIG MISTAKE. After a week my skin was still dry and scalely and I developed a pimple like rash all over my face and neck. Even behind and in front of my ears had clusters of hard bumps. I also had clogged pores everywhere and a lot of them were turning into whiteheads. NIGHTMARE. After about a month of using Dove Sensitive Bar and taking supplements to speed up the healing process Im just now getting my smooth skin back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

This is my HG cleanser! Keeps my skin balanced, isn't harsh, has a pump!!!! My skin has cleared up completely since starting my new skin care routine, which includes this lovely cleanser. I had been using harsh cleansers all long that were totally defeating the purpose of what they were meant to do. This has eliminated my acne, and doesn't make my skin red or irritated like every other cleanser I've tried. It's. bit costly for a drugstore product, but it comes in a giant bottle and lasts forever. I've been using the same bottle since February and still have at least 1/4 of the bottle left. Highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by martylayne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had extremely bad acne, but my face started to clear up after using this as my daily face wash. it has never broken me out, and it makes my face feel very clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by booda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

if u dont think its foaming enuf.... pump into ur hand... add water... bam! plenty of foam.

removes all of my makeup altho i do wear a lighter liquid foundation.

i follow with cerave lotion. skin feels very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by estherha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this product from my dermatologist, and now I don't use anything else. I have oily, acne-prone, and sensitive skin, and I break out if I change anything in my skincare routine. This is the first cleanser I have used that does not dry out my face too much, takes off all my make-up, and does not break me out!!! It's not very expensive either, I bought it at Rite-Aid, and it comes in a big bottle, One lasted me for 6 months. I don't think I'll ever use another face wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by amartoglio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the FOAMING cleanser version. This cleanser is a gel that foams up. I find it to be better than the creamy non-foaming original version as it cleanses much better. No perfumes or dyes and does not sting or irritate skin. The ceramides seem to balance out moisture level in skin so that it is not too stripping. To remove makeup I use DHC Oil Cleanser then follow up with this cleanser. It does leave face a bit tight so I follow with a dab of the Cerave Moisture Lotion, the thicker cream has petrolatum in it which seems to clog my pores. Overall, I wish I would have tried this earlier as I have spent thousands $$$ on moisturizers and cleansers from Estee Lauder, Clinique, Jurlique, drugstore brands, etc.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Britt15scr

Ive been using acnefree for a few years and its been amazing! I decided to try cerave because of all the good reviews. This broke me out so bad! I used it for a week thinking that I would let my skin get used to it but nope by the end of the week I had huge painful under the skin pimples. Do not buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by BeachBunniee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I gave this product several months of use before deciding to write a review and I've determined that I thoroughly enjoy this cleanser! After straying away from it to try some other cleansers (Cetaphil, Purity, Clinique, Keihls) I came right back! It has a lovely texture that does a wonderful job of cleansing the skin without stripping it of it's moisture. It removes all my makeup except my stubborn gel eyeliner. I've never found it to be irritating, but actually find it to be quite calming...maybe due to the ceramides and niacinamide? I either use it alone or after oil cleansing with mineral oil. It's usually priced around $12, but you get a large bottle with a pump that lasts me 2 months. I also use it in combination with CeRave PM, which I've been using for over a year with no complaints.
I have combination acne-prone skin with eczema for reference!