July 30, 2014 | 2034 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by rusty901

Overall I think this product is OK. When you try it on at a make-up counter the consultant uses lots of other redness combating products but when you use it at home it is not as good. Yes to a certain extent it reduces redness and covers it up well but I have quite a lot of redness, rosacea in fact and so I didn't think it gave the full coverage I needed.
Its a good price for that it does but I question whether it is long lasting or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by RoseMosco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is remarkable! I have very dry skin with slight redness on my cheeks just below the eye and have very fair darkness below my eyes. I used to use a very heavy foundation to conceal my redness but this product offers fantastic full coverage in a lightweight liquid. The finish is dewy and it lasts a very long time. My skin is left supple and moist. Fantastic product, I had to go to two stores to get my colour because they had sold out, not a surprise at all. The colour blends very well with my own and gives me a slight healthy glow. Definitely worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by EViLKiTTiE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Let me start off by saying that I have never been able to wear liquid foundation. I have sensitive/reactive, dry skin with mild rosacea, and I finally broke down and decided to try out the Redness Solutions line (some of which I love). This foundation is a lifesaver!

What I love about it:
- excellent coverage and staying power
- gives me a dewy finish
- reduces redness on contact
- has probiotics/antioxidants

What I don't so much love:
- it's pricey, although I find that I don't have to use a lot to get good, even coverage
- if you have properly cleansed/exfoliated/moisturized, it can bring out flakiness (which I feel is a problem with all foundations)
- can be orangey at first
- I would really prefer clear packaging so that I can see how much I have left

I apply mine with the clean side of a latex-free, biodegradable makeup sponge, after putting a thin line across the top of the sponge, then smooth it on over my cheeks, nose/chin/upper lip, forehead, and let it set while I do my hair, then apply the rest of my makeup. Like I said, it can be orangey going on, but (on me, at least) it sets to a nice not-orange shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by KarenPie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this. Redness is my biggest concern and why I wear foundation, and this makeup does a good job of providing coverage that doesn't look too heavy but does cover. I use the fair shade (next to lightest) and it works well for me, has enough yellow in it, though isn't over-yellow. I find this buildable too, can put a bit more of it on places where I have broken capillaries (that's my main redness issue). I like that it comes in a plastic bottle that's good for travel, as well. This is the first Clinique product in a long time that I've gotten really good results from. Will keep buying. Also, should note that i have sensitive skin and the makeup has never bothered it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 5:51:00 AM More reviews by firedancer22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros:
the ONLY foundation i've found that doesn't aggravate my breakout-prone skin; good coverage

Cons:
the bottle/tube thing it's packaged in is awful; not enough shades to choose from...i end up buying 2 and mixing shades

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrible color selection, chalky texture. I can safely say that this is way overpriced and all things considered, it sucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by mustachecrazy

this has probably been my favorite foundation that ive used. the coverage is really good and not to heavy it lasts pretty well. The spf is a big bonus since my skin is very sensitive to sun. The price is a bit much but i work at a store that sells it and i get a good discount so its more reasonable. Over all a good product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by m33rkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I have pale/fair skin and some red spots, as well as few flaky spots. I bougt this foundation online, picking the brightest colour-Calming Albaster and it was far too dark for me. Product desription states that it fits dry-combination skin, absolutely not! My flaky areas came up as soon as I put the foundation on. Gives medium coverage, easy to apply on the skin, but the bottle isn't very comfortable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by genobabe

I love this product. Natural Ivory matches my skin perfectly. The texture is awesome and the coverage is excellent. Not only does it seem to soothe my red/mild rosacea skin, it gives me a flawless perfection. Im really surprised to see others not happy with this product... so please remember everyone is very different and try it out! This is my 2nd bottle and there will be a 3rd in my future...

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by karebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product in Calming Alabaster (which is the lightest shade) just in hopes of taming my naturally rosey cheeks and this irritating redness I occasionally get on my chin and on my nose. I am quite fair, and this shade is far too dark for me. Most of the time I can compensate for slightly darker makeup (because there really isn't a shade that matches my fair skin perfectly) with a dusting of light bronzer around my jawline and neck to make it appear to match, but this shade is too dark for that to work. I noticed that once I got some sun exposure on my face and neck, then it matched a lot better, but I'd rather not have to hurt my skin to make my makeup match. I also don't care for the consistency of this makeup. I'm not a big fan of liquid makeups in general, I only bought this product to get a freebie gift bag (spent $21.50 on this, very pricey in my opinion) since I didn't really need anything else. This makeup is a tad thick, which normally I wouldn't mind, but since it doesn't match my skin tone and it goes on a little greasy, I really don't care for it. It covers the redness very well, but it almost appears fake and it gives me a dewey finish, which I avoid because I have very oily skin. Will not buy again. I have no doubt that Clinique's other foundations probably work better, but they really need to make lighter shades, or at least take out the unflattering yellow/orange pigments!