April 17, 2014 | 1540 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 5:51:00 AM More reviews by firedancer22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros:
the ONLY foundation i've found that doesn't aggravate my breakout-prone skin; good coverage

Cons:
the bottle/tube thing it's packaged in is awful; not enough shades to choose from...i end up buying 2 and mixing shades

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrible color selection, chalky texture. I can safely say that this is way overpriced and all things considered, it sucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by mustachecrazy

this has probably been my favorite foundation that ive used. the coverage is really good and not to heavy it lasts pretty well. The spf is a big bonus since my skin is very sensitive to sun. The price is a bit much but i work at a store that sells it and i get a good discount so its more reasonable. Over all a good product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by m33rkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I have pale/fair skin and some red spots, as well as few flaky spots. I bougt this foundation online, picking the brightest colour-Calming Albaster and it was far too dark for me. Product desription states that it fits dry-combination skin, absolutely not! My flaky areas came up as soon as I put the foundation on. Gives medium coverage, easy to apply on the skin, but the bottle isn't very comfortable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by genobabe

I love this product. Natural Ivory matches my skin perfectly. The texture is awesome and the coverage is excellent. Not only does it seem to soothe my red/mild rosacea skin, it gives me a flawless perfection. Im really surprised to see others not happy with this product... so please remember everyone is very different and try it out! This is my 2nd bottle and there will be a 3rd in my future...

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by karebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product in Calming Alabaster (which is the lightest shade) just in hopes of taming my naturally rosey cheeks and this irritating redness I occasionally get on my chin and on my nose. I am quite fair, and this shade is far too dark for me. Most of the time I can compensate for slightly darker makeup (because there really isn't a shade that matches my fair skin perfectly) with a dusting of light bronzer around my jawline and neck to make it appear to match, but this shade is too dark for that to work. I noticed that once I got some sun exposure on my face and neck, then it matched a lot better, but I'd rather not have to hurt my skin to make my makeup match. I also don't care for the consistency of this makeup. I'm not a big fan of liquid makeups in general, I only bought this product to get a freebie gift bag (spent $21.50 on this, very pricey in my opinion) since I didn't really need anything else. This makeup is a tad thick, which normally I wouldn't mind, but since it doesn't match my skin tone and it goes on a little greasy, I really don't care for it. It covers the redness very well, but it almost appears fake and it gives me a dewey finish, which I avoid because I have very oily skin. Will not buy again. I have no doubt that Clinique's other foundations probably work better, but they really need to make lighter shades, or at least take out the unflattering yellow/orange pigments!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by cornflakegrrl

All in all, I consider this a fine product. That being said, I do have to point out its main flaw: The color! I'm really pale and, even though I bought the lightest shade (Calming Alabaster), the product looks ORANGE! Good thing is, being this pale, I've grown used to mixing products in order to obtain the perfect shade. And that's what I did: mixed Clinique Redness Solutions with another liquid foundation and bang... problem solved! However, I must confess I got a little disappointed when I realized I'd have to mix foundations, because this is not a cheap one and it was developed for people with rosacea, that are normally pale - it's reasonable to expect they'd come up with lighter shades!
On the other hand, this foundation delivers what it promises: it REALLY reduces redness. It gives light to medium coverage, looks really natural, lasts for a really long time (even though it doesn't claim to) and my skin doesn't get oilier than it already is when I use this product. If it weren't for the color issue, this would have potential to be my HG foundation. I'm sticking with Revlon Colorstay.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by shovelbum89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG foundation.
I have extremely sensitive skin with early-onset papulo-pustular rosacea (I'm 21, it runs in my family).
I have a very minimal skincare routine to avoid irritation which includes a sodium sulfacetamide/sulfur wash and cream and Purpose SPF 15 lotion. While this has cleared my skin better than any previous treatment, I remain quite red.
I tried all the mineral foundations- drugstore, BareEscentuals. I hated the way they smelled on my face and how they got into my eyes and didn't cover my nifty (sarcasm!) butterfly-esque facial marking.
I decided to go the liquid route and boy am I glad I did.
This product is amazing. It's soothing, offers medium to full coverage and completely cancels out redness (and that is an incredible feat- I spend most days looking like a lobster). I'm not using nearly the amount of concealer on my face before application.
Fantastic. 5 stars. Will DEFINITELY repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this and was really excited about it helping with redness. This made almost no difference to the redness on my face. A regular primer and foundation would do the same thing. I find that pretty bad considering this is promoted at being the best for redness. This also left my skin looking horrible. It was cakey looking and the foundation settled in my lines, the barely there lines looked huge. I frankly would not even buy a small version nonetheless the full size that is overpriced. I would advise anyone with redness to avoid it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by noirea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this one on Clinique counter and it looked fine, much better than my Max Factor foundation. But I made a mistake and bought it straight away, I really should wait a couple of hours and see, how my face will look!
Nedless to say - after 2-3 hours my face starts looking very oily and foundadtion clump in my pores. My skin look much older and tired.
I also have really fair skin and ligtest colour (alabaster) looks too orange in normal light. I can't really see any effect it has on redness, maybe because colour of the fundation is too warm itself to cover it.
I'm really dissapointed and not going to buy this one again.